Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Jan 2022, 07:00 (Ref:4094100)   #26
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Im sure your bed bath experience was not in any way influenced by my calls to them.
Haaaa, with long distance calls, you never know… put together the words Spa, black friday bargain and body-body can lead to some experience!!!!

What happens in the hospital…
Old 17 Jan 2022, 07:02 (Ref:4094101)   #27
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
It must be good to be in your own bed again.
The bed thing again! Dont expect any phone call or postcard, you know those people…
Old 17 Jan 2022, 10:21 (Ref:4094113)   #28
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pleased to hear that you are back home, Bob. Best wishes for a quick recovery.
Old 17 Jan 2022, 14:37 (Ref:4094139)   #29
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Had catheter removed today, what a relief, especially when the nurse said you put you underpants back on, and the only things i had to to tuck in were me.
Still a bit tender in certain regions but so glad the job is done.

When the consultant rang me to ask if I wanted to go on the list for surgery, back in December, he was such a pleasant chap that I told him a couple of jokes, which he appreciated. He rang me this morning to ask if I was alright and if I would be coming to the clinic as he would like to meet me. No one else got a call/

Several of the nurses also stopped to say hello, remembering me from my initial visits. It pays to be nice to people, and I got looked after very well.

Smarmy Bauble..
Old 17 Jan 2022, 14:44 (Ref:4094140)   #30
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Glad all went well Baub
Old 17 Jan 2022, 16:22 (Ref:4094156)   #31
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Had catheter removed today, what a relief, especially when the nurse said you put you underpants back on, and the only things i had to to tuck in were me.

When the consultant rang me to ask if I wanted to go on the list for surgery, back in December, he was such a pleasant chap that I told him a couple of jokes, which he appreciated. He rang me this morning to ask if I was alright and if I would be coming to the clinic as he would like to meet me. No one else got a call/

Several of the nurses also stopped to say hello, remembering me from my initial visits. It pays to be nice to people, and I got looked after very well.

Smarmy Bauble..
Creep!
Old 20 Jan 2022, 20:38 (Ref:4094638)   #32
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Smarmy Bauble..
Crikey, you can teach an old dog new tricks……..

Glad you are ok (ish)
Old 26 Jan 2022, 14:54 (Ref:4095405)   #33
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Had my final checks at the Clinic today and passed with flowing colours, in one respect at least, I feel 50 years younger. Wow!

Again, many thanks for all of the supportive posts, all truly appreciated.

Young Baub.
Old 26 Jan 2022, 15:06 (Ref:4095406)   #34
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well done, old boy!
Old 26 Jan 2022, 15:49 (Ref:4095412)   #35
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Had my final checks at the Clinic today and passed with flowing colours, in one respect at least, I feel 50 years younger. Wow!

Again, many thanks for all of the supportive posts, all truly appreciated.

Young Baub.
Presumably this was done on purpose (because you don't make mistakes as so wouldn't have meant 'flying colours'?)

Well done for getting a full bill of health.
Old 26 Jan 2022, 17:15 (Ref:4095422)   #36
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Young Baub.
Oh crikey, this means trouble
Old 26 Jan 2022, 22:08 (Ref:4095446)   #37
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Glad to hear it all went well Bob and trust you will enjoy a continued full recovery.
Old 27 Jan 2022, 09:50 (Ref:4095493)   #38
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Presumably this was done on purpose (because you don't make mistakes as so wouldn't have meant 'flying colours'?)

Well done for getting a full bill of health.
I passed the mandatory Flow Test. Got it
Old 27 Jan 2022, 09:54 (Ref:4095495)   #39
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Oh crikey, this means trouble
I have no idea whet you mean by that remark
Old 27 Jan 2022, 15:54 (Ref:4095541)   #40
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
I passed the mandatory Flow Test.
You mean your plumbing system is OK, zipper closed? Good to know!
Old 28 Jan 2022, 10:14 (Ref:4095650)   #41
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Does this new found freedom mean you will be attending at Brooklands this weekend? If so look forward to meeting up.
Old 29 Jan 2022, 18:54 (Ref:4095929)   #42
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
He has been spotted out and about in Oxfordshire.today.Name:  Our Bob.JPG
Views: 67
Size:  17.6 KB
Old 30 Jan 2022, 10:11 (Ref:4096388)   #43
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
He has been spotted out and about in Oxfordshire.today.Attachment 73424
It seems where ever I go the Paparazzi will find me. Such is the price of fame i suppose.
Old 30 Jan 2022, 12:17 (Ref:4096409)   #44
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's amazing how good modern camera shutter delay timers are.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 30 Jan 2022, 13:09 (Ref:4096427)   #45
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There is clearly nothing wrong with Bob's appetite.....
Old 30 Jan 2022, 19:01 (Ref:4096649)   #46
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
New version of "I'll eat my hat" by Bob, it becomes "I'll eat what they've removed!" Bon appétit Boobool!

EB is that régime sans sel becoming régime sans selle for a rider?
Old 31 Jan 2022, 01:38 (Ref:4096742)   #47
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
New version of "I'll eat my hat" by Bob, it becomes "I'll eat what they've removed!" Bon appétit Boobool!

EB is that régime sans sel becoming régime sans selle for a rider?
"Booboo" is salty enough already! Yes he needs 'sans sel'

(FWIW "Booboo' was the name of my younger brother's bear when he was a child )
Old 15 Feb 2022, 07:06 (Ref:4098740)   #48
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
I know our dear friend Bauble is having a medical procedure performed today.... nothing major but cataract surgery so I guess for a couple of days he might be a little struggling for eyesight whilst it all sorts out.

Nothing major, and a straight forward procedure these days but still thoughts and prayers with Bob for a straight forward day with no issues and all the best for a swift and full recovery. Thoughts and commiseration to Mrs B who will no doubt have been briefed with all his demands, sitting in his recliner snapping his fingers..... no doubt she will be running around nursing him whilst he recovers.

Im sure normal service will soon return.....
Old 15 Feb 2022, 07:54 (Ref:4098747)   #49
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I know our dear friend Bauble is having a medical procedure performed today.... nothing major but cataract surgery so I guess for a couple of days he might be a little struggling for eyesight whilst it all sorts out.

Nothing major, and a straight forward procedure these days but still thoughts and prayers with Bob for a straight forward day with no issues and all the best for a swift and full recovery. Thoughts and commiseration to Mrs B who will no doubt have been briefed with all his demands, sitting in his recliner snapping his fingers..... no doubt she will be running around nursing him whilst he recovers.

Im sure normal service will soon return.....
Thanks for the reminder E.B, I echo your sentiments.
This could be an ideal time for me to post some more of my old pictures without his caustic comments!
Old 15 Feb 2022, 08:13 (Ref:4098749)   #50
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Thanks for the reminder E.B, I echo your sentiments.
This could be an ideal time for me to post some more of my old pictures without his caustic comments!
I was thinking the same.... get in while his eyesight is impaired and the level of criticism might be less disparaging! It wont last