Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 May 2022, 08:42 (Ref:4110766)   #501
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Somewhat ironic that Aston Martin are getting hammered again for making a Knockoff car when the stroll wealth was built on some of the most knockedoff clothing brands ever!....
Old 21 May 2022, 08:53 (Ref:4110770)   #502
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They are just doing what most teams do, finding something that works on another car and trying to make it work on theirs. Doesn't mean it will actually work though. But that's another story
Old 21 May 2022, 14:24 (Ref:4110802)   #503
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That worked then……
Old 23 May 2022, 07:40 (Ref:4110984)   #504
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's quite amusing for these allegations/challenges to arise when the alleged copied car is nowhere near the pace of the car that was supposedly copied! I'm not sure where all this 'they've copied our car/aero/whatever' came from as it's been done quite openly basically since F1 started and certainly ever since the engines moved to the back of the car. All a bit boring really....
Old 23 May 2022, 08:53 (Ref:4110994)   #505
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
All a bit boring really....

Yeah, but that's what he does. As far as he's concerned, whatever any other team does is not fair, even when his golden boy wins!
Old 23 May 2022, 10:14 (Ref:4111011)   #506
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, I'm finding it a bit tiresome myself. Every team has done it from time to time and it isn't helping his case when he complains about it
Old 23 May 2022, 10:19 (Ref:4111014)   #507
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps they copied the Williams by mistake!

Horner will moan/***** no matter what ....... thought it a bit rich complaining that George hadn't given his golden boy enough room when he couldn't get past!
He obviously has a VERY short memory!
Old 24 May 2022, 11:38 (Ref:4111139)   #508
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands99 View Post
Perhaps they copied the Williams by mistake!

Horner will moan/***** no matter what ....... thought it a bit rich complaining that George hadn't given his golden boy enough room when he couldn't get past!
He obviously has a VERY short memory!
I just deploy my internal filter whenever he comes out with his Red Bullshit.
Old 24 May 2022, 11:42 (Ref:4111140)   #509
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I just deploy my internal filter whenever he comes out with his Red Bullshit.
Exactly that, he makes Red Bull almost impossible to enjoy on the track.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 15:02 (Ref:4114266)   #510
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Given the money spent on this team should they be doing better? Cant help but wish they'd have invested some of that money on a Le Mans team atm tbh.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 15:06 (Ref:4114271)   #511
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Given the money spent on this team should they be doing better? Cant help but wish they'd have invested some of that money on a Le Mans team atm tbh.
Yes, is the short answer to this.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 19:49 (Ref:4114526)   #512
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
They should move their team to a Hypercar project so there's room for Team Andretti.
Old 12 Jun 2022, 09:04 (Ref:4115001)   #513
S griffin
Veteran

I don't thin Hypercar is top of their priorities, but I do wonder how long this F1 team will go on for considering their current struggles
Old 12 Jun 2022, 10:51 (Ref:4115044)   #514
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I don't thin Hypercar is top of their priorities, but I do wonder how long this F1 team will go on for considering their current struggles
FIRE was making a jokey comment about the abandoned Hypercar project. Which in hindsight was just an RBR Project to allow Newey to play with ground effect cars in preparation for F1 going that way.
Old 13 Jun 2022, 00:18 (Ref:4115274)   #515
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Maybe I'm looking at the wrong media but I haven't seen or heard anything from Daddy Stroll for ages - wonder if the interest or commitment has waned?

Remember the "pink Mercedes" and Mr Stroll was front and centre, threatening to sue other teams for besmirching the rep of his team, being really strong about them doing nothing wrong. With the latest suggestion of copying (admittedly not as big a story and furore about it this time) I don't think I've seen anything from him.

I could be reading too much into it but I'm starting to get the feeling that Mr Stroll could be the latest in a long line of successful business people with great track records in mainstream business who have found that motor racing in general and F1 in particular is a very different animal and takes far, far more commitment with no available short cuts and no easy answers. Makes me wonder about the direction and future of this team in its current colour and team name.
Old 13 Jun 2022, 02:07 (Ref:4115278)   #516
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Arguably allegedly copying the RBR design hasn’t been as advantageous as allegedly copying the Mercedes one..
I think they need to work with Volvo.. what with all those front end collisions lately
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Jun 2022, 07:01 (Ref:4115292)   #517
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I haven't seen a post race interview yet that features Sebastian Vettel complaining about back pain.He would be justified if it happens-could be a result of carrying the whole team.No doubt the Stroll money is helping the team,the family presence may not be as beneficial.
Old 15 Jul 2022, 03:26 (Ref:4119559)   #518
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
In the meantime, the owner of the team in a previously "Forceful" guise is facing some time in the Indian Big House.
Old 15 Jul 2022, 18:16 (Ref:4119604)   #519
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Looking on Sky news it would seem the work by Lewis Hamilton in F1 and Matt Bishops relentless banging of the rainbow drum waste nothing more than lip service at AMR F1…..
Old 16 Jul 2022, 11:43 (Ref:4119666)   #520
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
We race as one

but not at AM if youre...
https://jalopnik.com/former-aston-ma...pho-1849184179

Former Aston Martin F1 Employee Reveals Racist, Homophobic Abuse That Drove Him Out of the Sport
Old 16 Jul 2022, 13:12 (Ref:4119669)   #521
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
We race as one

Former Aston Martin F1 Employee Reveals Racist, Homophobic Abuse That Drove Him Out of the Sport
Wearing TShirts and running stickers tick boxes and give people a nice feeling of “doing the right thing” but actually change nothing
Old 16 Jul 2022, 19:34 (Ref:4119679)   #522
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
We race as one

It was featured on the news yesterday and the version from the team gave a statement saying that poor timekeeping was the reason for dismissal.They may well have the records to demonstrate their assertion,which doesn't make the abuse OK but explains another aspect of the situation.
Old 17 Jul 2022, 04:59 (Ref:4119698)   #523
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
It was featured on the news yesterday and the version from the team gave a statement saying that poor timekeeping was the reason for dismissal.They may well have the records to demonstrate their assertion,which doesn't make the abuse OK but explains another aspect of the situation.
Yes it might explain the dismissal.

On the other hand it would seem to me that any normal person might be a bit tardy knowing the they were going to be discriminated against on two accounts (sexual preferences and colour) as soon as they walked in.

To me the issue isnt the dismissal but the verbal discriminatory harassment that working there seemed to have become the norm to suffer for this particular person. An image that the company themselves promote as unacceptable.

As someone mentioned, wearing the t-shirt and talking the talk is irrelevant if that is not the reality inside the building.
Old 17 Jul 2022, 07:10 (Ref:4119701)   #524
S griffin
Veteran

I think the team need to investigate the tardiness, to see if the person involved was reluctant to come in due to the abuse they suffered
Old 17 Jul 2022, 11:58 (Ref:4119711)   #525
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Louw says himself in the interview that the abuse was the cause of the "tardiness", so it doesn't look like any investigation is necessary.

Also I fully expect this guy will now be offered a job with another team. Good ploy.