Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Aug 2020, 13:35 (Ref:3992701)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2021 Race Dates

As suggested by Gerard, I've opened up a thread to pick up planned dates for next year. We know about Le Mans Classic of course but others such as Peter Auto are publishing their dates already.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 12:14 (Ref:3992885)   #2
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
email from Goodwood today

78th Members’ Meeting, to be held on 10-11 April 2021

RudE
Old 4 Aug 2020, 12:34 (Ref:3992896)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup.

Done.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 4 Aug 2020 at 12:50.
Old 5 Aug 2020, 09:24 (Ref:3993078)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
email from Goodwood today

78th Members’ Meeting, to be held on 10-11 April 2021

RudE
Thats quite late for snow
Old 5 Aug 2020, 16:24 (Ref:3993169)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Any idea what invited grids will be .?
Old 6 Aug 2020, 08:23 (Ref:3993270)   #6
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Any idea what invited grids will be .?

The Goodwood email states that all entries remain valid including the membership fees for the GRRC.

This means that nexts years grid of the 2021 MM will be the ones intended for the 2020 MM

Remember the 2020 MM was postponed not cancelled, for legal reasons
this allowed to hang on to entry fees and gate money

RudE
Old 8 Aug 2020, 07:56 (Ref:3993736)   #7
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
The Goodwood email states that all entries remain valid including the membership fees for the GRRC.

This means that nexts years grid of the 2021 MM will be the ones intended for the 2020 MM

Remember the 2020 MM was postponed not cancelled, for legal reasons
this allowed to hang on to entry fees and gate money

RudE
Cheers for that Rude.
Old 23 Oct 2020, 10:57 (Ref:4012158)   #8
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Donington has released the dates of its Historic Festival - 1/2 May 2021.

It will be the tenth anniversary.
Old 23 Oct 2020, 13:52 (Ref:4012202)   #9
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Series by Peter Auto
4/5 March: Series Test Days, Circuit Paul Ricard, Le Castellet.
26/28 March: Dix Mille Tours du Castellet, circuit Paul Ricard, Le Castellet
19/24 April: Tour Auto Optic 2000, rallye in France.
14/16 May: Spa-Classic: Spa Francorchamps, 2 one hour races for the HTC series.
4/6 June: Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or, circuit de Dijon Prenois, Dijon.
1/4 July: Le Mans Classic, circuit des 24 Heures du Mans, Le Mans.
17/19 September: Monza Historic, Autodromo di Monza, Monza.
8/10 October: Estoril Classics, Circuito Estoril, Estoril/ Lisboa.
HVM Racing France:
10/13 June or 17/20 June: Grand Prix de France Historique: Magny-Cours
8/10 October: Dijon Motors Cup: Dijon Prenois.
Old 25 Oct 2020, 09:39 (Ref:4012704)   #10
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
French Historic Tour dates are:
9/11 April Albi, 7/9 May Dijon, 3/5 Sept Val de Vienne, 24/26 Sept Charade and 22/24 Oct Ledenon. The last on his in Nîmes area, I do recommend the track interesting and going anti-clockwise.
Old 6 Nov 2020, 19:32 (Ref:4015239)   #11
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
5/7 November 2021 Les Deux Tours d'Horloge, circuit Paul Ricard, Le Castellet. A 24 hours race, non stop. Last edition was in 2014.
Old 8 Nov 2020, 16:01 (Ref:4015498)   #12
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
CSCC have said they'll be emailing next year's programme tomorrow.....watch this space
Old 8 Nov 2020, 16:39 (Ref:4015500)   #13
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Received this from the CTCRC & looks like the Jaguar Saloon & GT Championship will be Racing with them next year:

The CTCRC are pleased to announce the 2021 race calendar

Mar 27/28 Silverstone International
Apr 24/25 Cadwell Park
May 31 Donington National
Jul 3/4 Castle Combe
Jul31 / Aug1 Brands Hatch Indy
Sep 18/19 Snetterton
Oct 17 Mallory Park
Old 8 Nov 2020, 17:07 (Ref:4015503)   #14
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VSCC Race
February 13th Silverstone Pomeroy
April 17th Silverstone
May 29th Oulton Park
June 19th Cadwell Park
August 21st Mallory Park

Sprint/Hillclimb
May 2nd Curborough
May 9th Wiscombe Park
June 5th Harewood
July 4th Shelsley Walsh
August 7/8 Prescott
September 11/12 Loton Park
September 25 Prescott
Old 8 Nov 2020, 17:30 (Ref:4015511)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thanks I'll pick these latest ones up this week.
Old 9 Nov 2020, 15:12 (Ref:4015663)   #16
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The provisional 2021 HSCC calendar is:

Sat/Sun 17/18 April: Snetterton 300

Sat/Sun 22/23 May: Silverstone Grand Prix

Sat/Sun 5/6 June: Cadwell Park

Sat/Sun 26/27 June: Donington Park

Friday 9 July: Brands Hatch Indy

Sat/Sun 10/11 July: Brands Hatch Grand Prix

Sat-Mon 28-30 August: Oulton Park International

Sat/Sun 18/19 September: Mallory Park

Sat/Sun 16/17 October: Silverstone National
Old 9 Nov 2020, 18:15 (Ref:4015706)   #17
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
CSCC just released this provisional calendar
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Calendar Image_JPG.jpg  
Old 9 Nov 2020, 18:31 (Ref:4015711)   #18
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
CSCC just released this provisional calendar

I'm really chuffed with that calendar - double header at Knockhill including reverse, and a double header at Anglesey plus optional night race....., as well as Oulton, Cadwell, Donington and Silverstone GP Should let me tick off two circuits/ three layouts that I haven't done before
Old 9 Nov 2020, 19:04 (Ref:4015714)   #19
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Certainly an interesting calendar, unique in some respects, I would think.

A link to an explanation of the calendar make up and the thinking behind is here:
https://www.classicsportscarclub.co....ional-calendar
Old 9 Nov 2020, 23:22 (Ref:4015761)   #20
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, I reckon the CSCC have done well with that calendar - some very interesting meetings to be had there. If you can't find something you like in that mix, then there's summat wrong with you!

From Knockhill right oop north to Brands & Thruxton darn sarf, double-headers, night races, reverse direction, there's surely something for everyone? I, for one, am quite excited by the prospect.

Now we've just got to hope that Covid doesn't f*** it all up!

Well done CSCC.
Old 10 Nov 2020, 05:57 (Ref:4015782)   #21
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Let’s hope VSCC race dates improve next year
Races for later cars and minimum 20/30 mins
If not it’s a lost cause in long term
Old 10 Nov 2020, 09:22 (Ref:4015792)   #22
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Yep, I reckon the CSCC have done well with that calendar - some very interesting meetings to be had there. If you can't find something you like in that mix, then there's summat wrong with you!

From Knockhill right oop north to Brands & Thruxton darn sarf, double-headers, night races, reverse direction, there's surely something for everyone? I, for one, am quite excited by the prospect.

Now we've just got to hope that Covid doesn't f*** it all up!

Well done CSCC.
I would love to go back to Knockhill.
Old 10 Nov 2020, 09:27 (Ref:4015793)   #23
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You'll need a visa from Jimmy Kranky...
Old 10 Nov 2020, 17:33 (Ref:4015875)   #24
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Ian, no problem with arranging a visa, I'll register you as a distant relation: Ian MacRowley
Old 10 Nov 2020, 21:13 (Ref:4015902)   #25
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Smith View Post
Ian, no problem with arranging a visa, I'll register you as a distant relation: Ian MacRowley
I could be Paul MacD!