Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Mar 2022, 11:47 (Ref:4102751)   #2301
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Looks really, really good!

Except the number placement is going to annoy me so much!
Are you referring to the side numbers?

Either:
A) The regulations have changed for 2022.
B) WSR have been given dispensation.
C) The numbers will revert to their normal position for testing.

I think WSR have not attached the numbers correctly for their livery launch, when you compare them to NAPA and EXCELR8 (for example).

Previously the side numbers had to be centrally placed above the driver's surname, and other liveries revealed so far have continued this. 'The race numbers are to be placed on each rear side window. These shall be a minimum of 20 cm high with a stroke width of at least 40 mm, coloured fluorescent yellow and positioned above the driver name.'
Old 16 Mar 2022, 12:26 (Ref:4102763)   #2302
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Almost - there are a few (very minor) differences.

The main difference I see is that the rear stripes are inverted in sequence and the front stripes are moved from the arches to the bonnet.
Try comparing with the 2018 livery, not the 2017 livery in your picture. I said 2018 for a reason
Old 16 Mar 2022, 12:26 (Ref:4102764)   #2303
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you look at some of the photos close up, there are vents on the rear side windows. Rather similar to Supercars and the appearance of their rear door windows. The number had to be biased towards the front of the door last year due to them.
Old 16 Mar 2022, 12:31 (Ref:4102766)   #2304
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Looks better than the black livery.
Old 16 Mar 2022, 12:32 (Ref:4102767)   #2305
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Try comparing with the 2018 livery, not the 2017 livery in your picture. I said 2018 for a reason
From these 3 the 2017 one looks the best.
Old 16 Mar 2022, 12:45 (Ref:4102769)   #2306
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
From these 3 the 2017 one looks the best.
Agreed.
IMO, 2017 was the best white livery they have run recently.
The 2018 and 2022 liveries look a bit 'blocky' in the application of the accents, particularly around the rear quarters.
If I had to rank them, since they reverted to the BMW stripes:

2021 - black
2017 - white
2019 - white
2020 - black
2018 - white
2022 - white
Old 16 Mar 2022, 13:42 (Ref:4102775)   #2307
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3marinadrive View Post
Love the look of this - classic BMW Motorsport style livery....if Jake's car ends up being close to the render they released when they announced the Rokit deal it will appease those who preferred the matt black livery - at least we won't get Colin & Jake confused on track!

Yes, one thing I do hope is we get more variety of livery colours on the grid. Too many dark liveried cars, it was hard to differentiate at times
Old 16 Mar 2022, 14:25 (Ref:4102789)   #2308
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
now let's hope cicely will be anything else but white
Old 16 Mar 2022, 16:35 (Ref:4102802)   #2309
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
Was at Croft today to watch some Ginetta testing, found out they're charging on the door for the April BTCC test. Fiver a shot. Won't hit me, I'm off on me holidays to Alicante!
Surprised they taking dough though.
It's been confirmed that it's a £5 donation to Sir Jackie Stewart's charity Race Against Dementia.
Old 16 Mar 2022, 18:12 (Ref:4102808)   #2310
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
It's been confirmed that it's a £5 donation to Sir Jackie Stewart's charity Race Against Dementia.
Well, how silly do the keyboard warriors feel now? Anyone man enough to retract the previous comments?
Old 16 Mar 2022, 19:50 (Ref:4102818)   #2311
cameronpoe
Rookie

cameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Well, how silly do the keyboard warriors feel now? Anyone man enough to retract the previous comments?
Hoping to get to that one , not seen Dan in the Focus yet, don’t post much on here but know there is interest in the Hybrid , so Dan tells me the Focus will have its first run with it active at some point tomorrow at Snetterton and I think Rowbo has already said same for TD
Old 16 Mar 2022, 20:49 (Ref:4102821)   #2312
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronpoe View Post
Hoping to get to that one , not seen Dan in the Focus yet, don’t post much on here but know there is interest in the Hybrid , so Dan tells me the Focus will have its first run with it active at some point tomorrow at Snetterton and I think Rowbo has already said same for TD
Dan tested the focus 2 weeks ago at brands
Old 16 Mar 2022, 21:53 (Ref:4102825)   #2313
cameronpoe
Rookie

cameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
Dan tested the focus 2 weeks ago at brands
I know , but without the Hybrid..
Old 17 Mar 2022, 11:29 (Ref:4102877)   #2314
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://twitter.com/dancammish/statu...171932678?s=21

So... red Focus in the garage with 'Cahorne' or something in the window?

Edit - two seconds later I realised that quite obviously says Osborne! The red threw me off!
Old 17 Mar 2022, 12:41 (Ref:4102884)   #2315
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Wonder why they've gone for Red? I guess Osbornue likes that colour. I am predicting a good year for him. Although I would have preferred his car in Blue like his team mates!
Old 17 Mar 2022, 12:49 (Ref:4102889)   #2316
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Wonder why they've gone for Red? I guess Osbornue likes that colour. I am predicting a good year for him. Although I would have preferred his car in Blue like his team mates!
Osbourne/Jackson will be entered as a separate team to Sutton/Cammish, so won't be in the same blue (NAPA) livery. Motorbase have run mostly red Focus a number of times in the past; perhaps they are doing the same this year.
Old 17 Mar 2022, 12:58 (Ref:4102892)   #2317
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
https://twitter.com/dancammish/statu...171932678?s=21

So... red Focus in the garage with 'Cahorne' or something in the window?

Edit - two seconds later I realised that quite obviously says Osborne! The red threw me off!
Is it sporting the number 77 yet?
Old 17 Mar 2022, 12:59 (Ref:4102893)   #2318
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
I think that is probably because Osborne and Jackson are running under a different team to the NAPA cars, and so wouldn't have NAPA livery on their cars.

Red was the base colour used by Motorbase previously before certain sponsors came on board (they even used the name 'Racing Red' at one point). The choice for red will likely either be a neutral decision ahead of full livery, or connected to sponsorship of the Osborne / Jackson cars.
Old 17 Mar 2022, 14:04 (Ref:4102903)   #2319
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Is it sporting the number 77 yet?
When Osborne was out testing he was sporting #77 on last years liveried car.
Old 17 Mar 2022, 14:13 (Ref:4102906)   #2320
Daverb
Rookie

Daverb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting few gaps and ommisions with a month to go isn't there?

Surely by this stage you would want everything announced and doing some testing.

Far from ideal.
Old 17 Mar 2022, 15:24 (Ref:4102916)   #2321
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
When Osborne was out testing he was sporting #77 on last years liveried car.
Thanks -
Old 17 Mar 2022, 15:36 (Ref:4102917)   #2322
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverb View Post
Surely by this stage you would want everything announced and doing some testing.

Far from ideal.

Just because it hasn't been announced doesn't mean it hasn't been decided yet.
Old 18 Mar 2022, 10:15 (Ref:4103068)   #2323
S griffin
Veteran

It is taking a while though, I would have thought every seat would have been confirmed by now. I am sure most, if not all seats have been decided and I have my own theories of who goes where, but I think we’ve all had enough of waiting quite frankly
Old 18 Mar 2022, 11:17 (Ref:4103074)   #2324
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has there been clarification on the performance 'ballast' system of hybrid power restriction is going to work yet?
Old 18 Mar 2022, 11:32 (Ref:4103080)   #2325
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
It is taking a while though, I would have thought every seat would have been confirmed by now. I am sure most, if not all seats have been decided and I have my own theories of who goes where, but I think we’ve all had enough of waiting quite frankly
In the main, the teams / drivers will schedule the announcements around when it suits them, as opposed to wishes of the fans.

They have to consider what works for the sponsors primarily, and tailor the announcements to fit in with best impact and availability.
The desire of the fans to get an announcement is low down on the priority list.

For example:
Yazoo backing of HARD. was scheduled to align with a theme park promotion being run by the brand.
Bristol Street Motors headline sponsor of EXCELR8 was timetabled with a showroom and driver availability.