Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 Mar 2022, 13:08 (Ref:4103088)   #2326
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It is taking a while though, I would have thought every seat would have been confirmed by now. I am sure most, if not all seats have been decided and I have my own theories of who goes where, but I think we’ve all had enough of waiting quite frankly
What you have to take into consideration, is that the season begins almost a month later than normal. We'd have been in media day week normally. So we're a bit behind the usual schedule.
Old 18 Mar 2022, 13:41 (Ref:4103093)   #2327
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
but but Black liveries matter
Just noticed a post from a few years ago - it seems that the choice of livery colours will always cause concern for some:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopAlong View Post
so we have even more white on the grid.

Sheringtons(or whatever)insurance with Power Maxed Racing with Duo and RCIB - White/Black/Pinkyred

HP With Trade Price Cars with Duo and RCIB - White/Black/a Little Blue and Yellow

Adrian Flux Subaru Racing Team BMR with Duo and RCIB - White/Blue/Grey (a guess)

West Surrey Racing Team BMW UK with Duo and RCIB - White/Blue/Red

Honda Yuasa Halfords Racing Team Dynamics with Duo and RCIB - Black/White/Orange

Cicely Motorsport with Duo and RCIB - Black/White and Red/Black

AMD with Everyone and Everything except Duo - White/Blue/Yellow

Excceler8 with Duo and RCIB - White/Red/Blue

Speedworks Toyota UK with Duo and RCIB - I bet its mostly white.

Aiden Moffat Racing with Laser Tools with Duo and RCIB - White/Blue

Team Parker with the sponsor I've forgotten with Duo and RCIB - White/Red/Blue
Old 18 Mar 2022, 13:52 (Ref:4103094)   #2328
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Just noticed a post from a few years ago - it seems that the choice of livery colours will always cause concern for some:
Confused me for a minute trying to remember what those Duo and RCIB liveries were!
Old 18 Mar 2022, 14:02 (Ref:4103095)   #2329
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Confused me for a minute trying to remember what those Duo and RCIB liveries were!

The early promo shots for the entry were:
Old 18 Mar 2022, 21:33 (Ref:4103190)   #2330
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It is taking a while though, I would have thought every seat would have been confirmed by now. I am sure most, if not all seats have been decided and I have my own theories of who goes where, but I think we’ve all had enough of waiting quite frankly
Apparently all the seats bar 3 were fixed 10 weeks ago….
Old 18 Mar 2022, 21:38 (Ref:4103191)   #2331
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
What you have to take into consideration, is that the season begins almost a month later than normal. We'd have been in media day week normally. So we're a bit behind the usual schedule.
Yes, it's still more than five weeks until the season start.

And three weeks until the media launch.
Old 19 Mar 2022, 09:59 (Ref:4103232)   #2332
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
The end of another week, and a bit more development to the grid.

Butel in at EXCELR8 also boosts the JST numbers.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Entry List.png  
Old 19 Mar 2022, 10:07 (Ref:4103233)   #2333
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
This would be reinforced by Chilton (wealthy) and Ingram) not wealthy) running the same livery but Lloyd and Hyundai #4) appearing to be running separate liveries.
Has it been confirmed that they will be running different liveries on the other cars? Comments seem a bit mixed at the moment:

Award-winning online van retailer Vansdirect - which is part of the same Vertu Motors group as Bristol Street Motors - will also increase its support for the team, and will back all four cars entered by EXCELR8 during the season ahead.

'Bristol Street Motors has increased its support for the EXCELR8 Motorsport team after today being confirmed as a title sponsor for the 2022 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) programme.
The four-strong team, including experienced race winners Tom Ingram and Tom Chilton, will feature Bristol Street Motors branding on its cars, race suits and helmets as a result of the partnership.'
Old 19 Mar 2022, 11:26 (Ref:4103237)   #2334
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The end of another week, and a bit more development to the grid.

Butel in at EXCELR8 also boosts the JST numbers.
you must be one of the very very few who still cares about the JST
Old 19 Mar 2022, 11:37 (Ref:4103238)   #2335
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I enjoy hearing about the JST, certainly adds a bit of intrigue
Old 19 Mar 2022, 12:04 (Ref:4103248)   #2336
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
you must be one of the very very few who still cares about the JST
It's quite popular with many fans.
The drivers who compete for it definitely care.
Others provide analysis:

https://insidebtcc.com/2021/11/26/graphic-the-jack-sears-trophy/

Feel free to dismiss it if you wish, but it is shaping up to be a tight contest this season...
Old 19 Mar 2022, 14:19 (Ref:4103260)   #2337
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's quite popular with many fans.
The drivers who compete for it definitely care.
Others provide analysis:

https://insidebtcc.com/2021/11/26/graphic-the-jack-sears-trophy/

Feel free to dismiss it if you wish, but it is shaping up to be a tight contest this season...
It’s a great added element and does mean a lot to drivers and their teams who compete for it.
Old 19 Mar 2022, 16:24 (Ref:4103284)   #2338
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any news on the 3rd dynamics Honda?
Old 19 Mar 2022, 17:00 (Ref:4103289)   #2339
Daverb
Rookie

Daverb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In the main, the teams / drivers will schedule the announcements around when it suits them, as opposed to wishes of the fans.

They have to consider what works for the sponsors primarily, and tailor the announcements to fit in with best impact and availability.
The desire of the fans to get an announcement is low down on the priority list.

For example:
Yazoo backing of HARD. was scheduled to align with a theme park promotion being run by the brand.
Bristol Street Motors headline sponsor of EXCELR8 was timetabled with a showroom and driver availability.
That’s fine but why anyone leave it this late.

They would get spotted at any track they went to even Spain/Portugal and people would then know anyway.

Used to be those doing announcements at ASI were the later ones.
Old 19 Mar 2022, 20:44 (Ref:4103323)   #2340
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverb View Post
That’s fine but why anyone leave it this late.

They would get spotted at any track they went to even Spain/Portugal and people would then know anyway.
There are many reasons why they might leave it so late.
Other than BTC - all of the teams have at least one driver announced who could carry out testing duties.
We have also seen drivers in cars testing who have not been the entry for that season.
Old 19 Mar 2022, 21:23 (Ref:4103330)   #2341
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Noticed that Shedden was testing Civic #007, so who has #006?
Old 20 Mar 2022, 09:27 (Ref:4103435)   #2342
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I don't think having James Bond in a Civic will catch on lol
Old 20 Mar 2022, 10:52 (Ref:4103448)   #2343
Rowbo01
Rookie

Rowbo01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Moi !!
Old 20 Mar 2022, 10:54 (Ref:4103449)   #2344
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowbo01 View Post
Moi !!
And #008 being built for JP
Old 20 Mar 2022, 12:13 (Ref:4103456)   #2345
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowbo01 View Post
Moi !!
Who’s the third driver or have you handed the license back?!!
Old 20 Mar 2022, 12:25 (Ref:4103457)   #2346
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant25 View Post
Who’s the third driver or have you handed the license back?!!
Not sure he's not going to tell you somehow...
Old 20 Mar 2022, 12:35 (Ref:4103458)   #2347
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
And of course, it could be one of the three unconfirmed seats.......
Old 21 Mar 2022, 12:34 (Ref:4103660)   #2348
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Croft tomorrow, I'm popping along, was told a few BTCC cars are due.
Not sure if that's the case. Last time a BTCC contingent was there for general testing was Dynamics, Laser Tools and Simpson in 2019.
Anybody have info or am I being led down the path?
(Was also told Redline will be there with new Carrera Cup cars.)
Old 21 Mar 2022, 12:54 (Ref:4103664)   #2349
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
Not sure if that's the case. Last time a BTCC contingent was there for general testing was Dynamics, Laser Tools and Simpson in 2019.
IIRC, didn't about a dozen BTCC cars test at Croft on 12 Apr 2021?
https://www.btcc.net/2021/04/08/btcc...g-heads-north/

Tomorrow is listed as a semi-exclusive test day for closed wheel cars. I would have thought there is a good chance of seeing BTCC cars in that test.
Old 21 Mar 2022, 13:24 (Ref:4103669)   #2350
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
I would of thought most teams would wait for the official toca test in two weeks