Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 6 Aug 2021, 00:04 (Ref:4065544)   #1
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Valentino Rossi Announces his Retirement from MotoGP

I thought this deserves its own topic as it is fairly big news that a legend of Motorsport is calling it a day.

It's probably not a surprise to anyone considering how the last couple of seasons have gone for him, particularly this current one.
Nonetheless, it is a sad moment as he's been an ever constant in MotoGP and the grid won't be same without him racing. I'm sure we will see plenty of him as team manager though.

Thank You, Valentino and good luck with the new team.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/motorsport/58097548
Old 6 Aug 2021, 01:47 (Ref:4065553)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Legend.
Old 6 Aug 2021, 08:45 (Ref:4065574)   #3
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An absolute legend over many many years.... interesting to note current MotoGp Chamionship leader Fabio Quartararo, in a glowing tribute, spoke of Vale as a childhood hero and more to the point, was already a double champion before he (Fabio) was even born.

It was the right time to retire and for sure he will still be very much a part of the paddock in Motorcycling and general Motorsport.
Old 6 Aug 2021, 10:08 (Ref:4065586)   #4
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
it was inevitable considering his form especially on equal bikes (supposedly)? he has always been good for the sport being one of the "Sheene" characters of the modern era and has a huge fan base.
I must admit it's not been good watching Vali finishing (or not) down the blunt end of the race in these last two seasons. Hats off to him for spicing up Moto GP and bringing it to the fore
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 6 Aug 2021, 10:16 (Ref:4065590)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
No doubt it is the right time. The last few seasons he has sadly been just making up the numbers. However his legacy will never be tarnished. Not only was he one of the greatest GP riders of all time, but also he helped make MotoGP more popular and has been a great ambassador in the sport, always adding a bit of colour with his character. Great sense of humour he had. The amount of tributes throughout the paddock speaks volumes for him. And yes Gordon, he was definitely the Sheene of the 00s, even Nick Harris and Steve Parrish's biography of Bazza mentions the fact

Thank you Vale for the memories. It was thanks to you I got more into bike racing and I hope you can make a success with your VR46 team
Old 6 Aug 2021, 14:18 (Ref:4065625)   #6
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Beyond usual greatness. A true hero. Enjoy it, Vale.
Old 7 Aug 2021, 04:16 (Ref:4065704)   #7
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
absolute Legend, I hope managing a MotoGP team wont take him from racing 4wheels and I'd like to see him at LeMans .. soonish

I was hoping to see him one last time at the Dutch TT in 2022 .. but after this announcement I decided to go to Valencia again this year, just hoping the situation with Covid doesn't get worse . again

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Aug 2021, 13:11 (Ref:4065723)   #8
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great competitor and a legend. As Gordon said it's been sad to see him so far down the field this last couple of seasons.
I remember when I first saw him racing I couldn't believe some of the overtaking moves he made.