Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 10 Nov 2021, 20:52 (Ref:4082675)   #26
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
The imsa t&s sucks a great big one. Here's the alternate that I prefer.

https://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/imsa

Maybe a mod can add it to the post 1, when he gets here.
I applied my sledgehammer methodology and voila!
Old 11 Nov 2021, 00:04 (Ref:4082708)   #27
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
The imsa t&s sucks a great big one. Here's the alternate that I prefer.

https://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/imsa

Maybe a mod can add it to the post 1, when he gets here.
I'll do it after you post the cfb lines!
Old 11 Nov 2021, 00:06 (Ref:4082710)   #28
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'll do it after you post the cfb lines!
Already did today. Soooooo. Go? Or you mean tomorrow?

Edit. Oh snap. Never hit post. Hahaha

Zing!!
Old 11 Nov 2021, 13:16 (Ref:4082775)   #29
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A little morning plaid from the paddock.
Old 11 Nov 2021, 14:12 (Ref:4082782)   #30
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
A little morning plaid from the paddock.
Lovd the Buffalo Plaid!
Old 11 Nov 2021, 14:22 (Ref:4082785)   #31
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Lovd the Buffalo Plaid!
You know - another case of cross-pond terminology that took me a while to work out

My first thought looking at the picture being introduced as 'plaid from the paddock' was that the wrong picture was linked. I was looking for a large piece of tartan cloth, then after a bit of digging found out the answer:

Plaid:
British-English refers to the item (cloth), and tartan is the pattern.
US-English refers to the pattern.

As you were - return to normal duties.....

Old 11 Nov 2021, 15:09 (Ref:4082790)   #32
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Early in FP1 Whelen on top, Porsche All-stars in GTLM (Porsche x 2, Vettes, BMWs), import McLaren on top in DPi.

And Mazda had problems so all is in order
Old 11 Nov 2021, 15:31 (Ref:4082793)   #33
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
You know - another case of cross-pond terminology that took me a while to work out

My first thought looking at the picture being introduced as 'plaid from the paddock' was that the wrong picture was linked. I was looking for a large piece of tartan cloth, then after a bit of digging found out the answer:

Plaid:

British-English refers to the item (cloth), and tartan is the pattern.

US-English refers to the pattern.

As you were - return to normal duties.....

That's why I love this forum, you can learn something new!
Old 11 Nov 2021, 17:29 (Ref:4082816)   #34
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Watching the first Porsche race, impressive new camera angle at the outside of the Esses. That's one brave camera operator...
Old 11 Nov 2021, 17:34 (Ref:4082818)   #35
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting, has to be a steady cam guy, don't see a stand out there from here. But shedload of RVs in my view of the Esses
Old 11 Nov 2021, 18:38 (Ref:4082843)   #36
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Origin of "buffalo plaid," which is how I have heard the scheme on the Phaff Porsche described. Their base is Canada, and the pattern was always popular on blankets and shirts (lumberjack).

https://www.flagandanthem.com/blogs/...o-plaid-shirts

https://www.hagerty.com/media/opinio...to-wear-plaid/

The car even had an associate sponsorship from Tim Hortons (Canadian coffee house chain), prompted by the livery, when they first went to D24, although I do not believe the car still carries that.

Last edited by skycafe; 11 Nov 2021 at 18:49.
Old 11 Nov 2021, 18:41 (Ref:4082844)   #37
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Interesting, has to be a steady cam guy, don't see a stand out there from here. But shedload of RVs in my view of the Esses
Yeah, I don't think it's on a stand - it's pretty much at track level.
Old 11 Nov 2021, 19:59 (Ref:4082855)   #38
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Yeah, I don't think it's on a stand - it's pretty much at track level.
There track has completely changed the spectator portion of bottom of the esses, I will look for the camera next time I walk that way.
Old 11 Nov 2021, 20:38 (Ref:4082861)   #39
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
There track has completely changed the spectator portion of bottom of the esses, I will look for the camera next time I walk that way.
I hope it hasn't changed for the worse. Great place to watch, if you don't break your ankle in the process.
Old 11 Nov 2021, 22:19 (Ref:4082891)   #40
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I hope it hasn't changed for the worse. Great place to watch, if you don't break your ankle in the process.
I like it, but others not so much. They added more reserved camping which makes visibility hard at spots, but also opened up an entirely new viewing position at the bottom of the esses.
Old 11 Nov 2021, 23:27 (Ref:4082906)   #41
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Now the fun, rain headed this way and night practice to start in 5 min. Flat out sprint to turn your 3 laps and let the next guy in before worrying about setup, especially for GTD/LMP2 & 3 guys

Wright needs a new chassis after getting punted off in FP2. Alegra working on repairs after running under an LMP2 car as well in FP2

Last edited by broadrun96; 11 Nov 2021 at 23:33.
Old 11 Nov 2021, 23:56 (Ref:4082912)   #42
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
The track has added a lot of lighting this year. Kind of ruins the night running.
Old 12 Nov 2021, 01:00 (Ref:4082924)   #43
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Joeb managed to take that before the monsoon.
Old 12 Nov 2021, 01:58 (Ref:4082926)   #44
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
tis a bit damp this evening
Old 12 Nov 2021, 16:22 (Ref:4083051)   #45
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
In the Porsche race this morning 2 cars had a coming together and smacked the tire wall in front of us which released a slash of water soaking a couple fans. It was beautiful!
Old 12 Nov 2021, 17:01 (Ref:4083060)   #46
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
There was still water there for a second car to loop and soak the same people late in the race
Old 12 Nov 2021, 18:21 (Ref:4083075)   #47
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
That Porsche race had quite an end of season, demo derby feel to it.

No sign of the new Esses camera today...
Old 12 Nov 2021, 18:33 (Ref:4083077)   #48
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
tis a bit damp this evening
Understatement of the weekend
Old 12 Nov 2021, 18:36 (Ref:4083080)   #49
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
That Porsche race had quite an end of season, demo derby feel to it.

No sign of the new Esses camera today...
We saw in person a coming together at 6. It was a little comical with one of the drivers finishing the race with its hazards stuck on
Old 12 Nov 2021, 18:56 (Ref:4083083)   #50
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
The Michelin tires race has been a parade of cautions in the first hour, with one of the Riley Supras potentially getting in the pits before the most recent yellow came out. Should cycle to front eventually after everyone does their driver changes.