Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Nov 2014, 12:36 (Ref:3471500)   #76
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
You have a real point there bella.. I read this evening that the V8's were measured at a SPL of 145DB and the V6's Turbo PU's were measured at a SPL of 135DB.. I would have thought that were was a greater difference ?
That is actually a huge difference - db is a logarithmic scale - 3db is about double the volume.
Old 4 Nov 2014, 15:50 (Ref:3471543)   #77
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
by jove, i think he's finally found his arse. odd how it seemingly took red bull to show him the door for him to do it. must be something to do with the ~freedom.

nah to be fair he's been a god in races for a long time, is he not still a bit wobbly in qualifying?
Yes, he is regularly getting properly 'on it', and the timing is excellent isn't it!

Agree though, qualy is still hit and miss, but that might be something to do with the car set up, don't know as Kyvat seems to be the other way around?
Old 6 Nov 2014, 13:47 (Ref:3472228)   #78
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=Knowlesy;3471152]Jenson's race with Fernando was brilliant and Magnussen's defence was abject, I agree. It probably cost Kevin less time though!

All weekend he seemed creepily happy, like a man who has accepted he won't have a McLaren seat next year and has, perhaps, got a belting sports car option on the table.

You're probably right, according to Andrew Benson on the Beeb F1 site...

"You shouldn't worry about me," Button said. "I am in a great place in my life right now and whatever happens next year I am happy."
Old 6 Nov 2014, 13:48 (Ref:3472229)   #79
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All weekend he seemed creepily happy, like a man who has accepted he won't have a McLaren seat next year and has, perhaps, got a belting sports car option on the table.

You're probably right, according to Andrew Benson on the Beeb F1 site...

"You shouldn't worry about me," Button said. "I am in a great place in my life right now and whatever happens next year I am happy."[/QUOTE]
Old 7 Nov 2014, 15:30 (Ref:3472523)   #80
Jakester
Rookie

Jakester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
That is actually a huge difference - db is a logarithmic scale - 3db is about double the volume.
Not quite. It depends upon what you're speaking of in dB:

Doubling of the volume (loudness) should be sensed as a level difference of +10 dB − acousticians say.
Doubling the sound pressure (voltage) corresponds to a measured level change of +6 dB
Doubling of sound intensity (acoustic energy) belongs to a calculated level change of +3 dB.

+10 dB is the level of twice the perceived volume or twice as loud (loudness) in psychoacoustics − mostly sensed.
+6 dB is the level of twice the (RMS) value of voltage respectively sound pressure − mostly measured
+3 dB is the level of twice the energy or power respectively intensity − mostly calculated.