Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you want at Williams in 2005?
Button & Webber 42 35.90%
Button & Someone else 6 5.13%
Webber & Someone else 31 26.50%
Villenuve & Someone else 14 11.97%
Fisi & Someone else 4 3.42%
Heidfeld & Someone else 9 7.69%
Dixon & Someone else 14 11.97%
Other - specify 6 5.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Mar 2004, 18:24 (Ref:914150)   #51
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Heidfeld and Webber!

Though I suspect that Mark will stay at Jag and Gene deserves a shot.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 09:39 (Ref:914789)   #52
chris42
Rookie

chris42 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button and Johnny Herbert!!!

After the success he's had in ALMS, the time must be right for an F1 return And Williams could do with someone with that kind of experience... *only half joking*
Old 22 Mar 2004, 11:01 (Ref:914886)   #53
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Definitely Button and Webber, two of the most outstanding talents in F1, who I think will both be ready for a top seat next year.

I do respect Jenson's comments, though. If BAR are doing it then why move? But I suspect the temptation of going to one of the established top teams will be too great.

Webber showed two things this weekend -
1. He still has things to learn, and,
2. He knows he has things to learn and he fully intends to do so.

My final reason for Button and Webber at Williams? Alonso's better than the pair of 'em, so I want him in a Ferrari...

Last edited by garcon; 22 Mar 2004 at 11:04.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 12:14 (Ref:914952)   #54
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Webber goes there his team mate I'm not as picky about but Button would be great if he can get out of his BAR contract
Old 22 Mar 2004, 12:31 (Ref:914980)   #55
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
but just think if Mark gets the Jag on a few podium's this year which is possible as does Button why would they want to go ? if there cars are quick enough ? + it adds to F1 turning a top 4 into a top 6.
Ford could throw money in to keep mark if the results r there ?
But I think he will end up at willys as much as I'm not a fan of the team and Dixon the be his teammate
Old 22 Mar 2004, 14:07 (Ref:915108)   #56
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button looks like he could do quite well at BAR, yes - Honda have really stepped up their game over the winter. After several years of being a laughing stock, it's about time too. So, I say it could be a smart move to not move In any case, Richards won't let him leave without a fight. Mark, though, needs to get out of Jaguar. Ford have never shown the slightest inclination towards increasing their F1 commitment and, given their current finances, I wouldn't bet on them being able to do so any time soon.

Much depends on Flavio's plans for Renault. There's a bunch of drivers in the mix for that team next year: Webber, Trulli, Alonso, Montagny - anyone else? Anyway, whether Williams or Renault, there's little argument that Mark deserves a better car in 2005.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 17:07 (Ref:915381)   #57
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok some may laugh here. Although i don't really care who takes the Drivers Championship, what i do care about (as an enthusiast) is BMW winning the constructors. Need 2 things. 1) Fast driver (Webber) and 2) Seasoned veteran and a good team player who can setup and develop a car fairly well. (DC) yea start laughing......

Needless to say you wouldn't have to worry about "team-orders"
Old 22 Mar 2004, 21:28 (Ref:915696)   #58
zetta
Racer

zetta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even if Williams still seems to be Ralfie's first choice, it seems more and more that Ralfie isn't Williams first choice anymore. His outrageous Money demands, paired with his lackluster performance will loose him the seat. I think if he stays he will be a negative influence in the team, demanding first driver status no matter who his team-mate is. And if he is paid the salary he wants, it will make it very difficult for FW to hire a more talented driver (Webber, Button, Fisi, even Villeneuve) without paying him big bucks. Ralfie is pricing (and underperforming) himself out of the market.

Last edited by zetta; 22 Mar 2004 at 21:31.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 22:09 (Ref:915762)   #59
roger dee
Rookie

roger dee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button And jamie Green
Old 22 Mar 2004, 22:41 (Ref:915792)   #60
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Webber & Someone else. As an Aussie, Scott Dixon should be my choice, but I'd like to see how he does in testing first.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 00:42 (Ref:915899)   #61
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by zetta
Even if Williams still seems to be Ralfie's first choice, it seems more and more that Ralfie isn't Williams first choice anymore. His outrageous Money demands, paired with his lackluster performance will loose him the seat. I think if he stays he will be a negative influence in the team, demanding first driver status no matter who his team-mate is. And if he is paid the salary he wants, it will make it very difficult for FW to hire a more talented driver (Webber, Button, Fisi, even Villeneuve) without paying him big bucks. Ralfie is pricing (and underperforming) himself out of the market.
I agree. That move on Trulli was inexcusable IMO and spoke volumes as to Ralf's 7 year learning curve: IT HAS CONCLUDED.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 00:52 (Ref:915908)   #62
Continental Op
Rookie

Continental Op should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber and Wirdheim

I hope BAR continue to perform well so Button dont see a need to move to Williams. Then we have ten good cars in F1 for 2005.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 01:17 (Ref:915919)   #63
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirk
I agree. That move on Trulli was inexcusable IMO and spoke volumes as to Ralf's 7 year learning curve: IT HAS CONCLUDED.
OOPS... I meant Webber. I totally agree with Mark's version that Ralf got "****ed off" and intentionally made contact. FW will not be pleased that his driver would risk taking himself out of the race in a moment of frustration!
Old 23 Mar 2004, 02:26 (Ref:915956)   #64
Panzer
Racer

Panzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted Webber- Schumacher; Ralph
I think Button should stay where he is. he is doing a fantastic job there and Honda wont want to play second fiddle for to much longer, great chance for Jenson to move forward with them.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 02:40 (Ref:915965)   #65
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the Australian telecast, Button stated that he had a performance clause in his contract, that if he finished top 6, he was staying where he is.......
Old 24 Mar 2004, 15:08 (Ref:918003)   #66
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I hope Scotty does the business. Apparently his first run is on Friday and then he'll be back again in April at Barcelona for a more serious run!

If they sign Webber i doubt he'll get a drive..2 Antipodeans in the team doesn't make sense for marketing, even if it clearly would do on merit!

I guess Webber or Dixon will partner an experienced driver.....
Old 24 Mar 2004, 15:45 (Ref:918032)   #67
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by HDTVKSS
On the Australian telecast, Button stated that he had a performance clause in his contract, that if he finished top 6, he was staying where he is.......
I take it he meant in the final standings???

If he does, then with Ferrari and Williams already doing the biz (Rafe excluded so far maybe), Renault also having great pace and McLaren, who will get their act sorted out, there is every chance that he will be free to move.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 16:12 (Ref:918063)   #68
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by HDTVKSS
I thought that Jenson's clause was that if BAR itself - i.e. the team - finished sixth or better, Richards could hold onto him. It might be a little optimistic to expect Jenson himself to finish sixth or better. There's a whole bunch of drivers in better cars that he'd have to beat to make that happen. Not impossible, but I don't think BAR will have the level of mid-season development required to beat, say, Renault or McLaren.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 20:04 (Ref:918315)   #69
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber and Dixon sounds great to me, the ANZAC alliance might help to strengthen the bond between the driver's.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 23:01 (Ref:918495)   #70
dynamik gal
Racer

Netherlands
F1 Melbourne, Australia
dynamik gal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber & Fisi. Fisi's always had the talent, just never had a break in a good car. Webber - no explaination required!
Old 25 Mar 2004, 02:27 (Ref:918656)   #71
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More I think about it, More I'd like to see Heidfield and Webber together next year at Jag or Williams, not fussy. It'd be pretty good combo, and not the most expensive one either. I wonder if Frank would take it?
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.