Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 25 Sep 2011, 14:29 (Ref:2960676)   #51
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post

TGF is just having fun.
In a rather expensive way....

He needs to re-take his pilot's license!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Can't the Austrian national Anthem be a bit shorter...or played at double speed, please.......?
My wife said almost exactly the same!
Old 25 Sep 2011, 15:56 (Ref:2960709)   #52
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumcher has picked up a reprimand for his part in the safety car triggering crash and the Lotus (Green one) has picked up a fine of 10,000 Euros for that unsafe release in front of Vettel.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 17:15 (Ref:2960736)   #53
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
Who was it who said, "2nd? 1st of the losers..."
Nelson Piquet.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 18:45 (Ref:2960789)   #54
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Can't the Austrian national Anthem be a bit shorter...or played at double speed, please.......?
Unfortunately I missed the race but fortunately I missed the Austrian national anthem.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 19:37 (Ref:2960811)   #55
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Get used to it, I have a feeling we'll be hearing it for awhile.

It's starting to be as commonplace as that old duo, the Deutschlandlied followed by Il Canto degli Italiani.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 20:53 (Ref:2960848)   #56
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
Get used to it, I have a feeling we'll be hearing it for awhile.

It's starting to be as commonplace as that old duo, the Deutschlandlied followed by Il Canto degli Italiani.
Just when we thought we got rid of it...
Old 25 Sep 2011, 21:00 (Ref:2960851)   #57
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hopefully BBC iplayer will be showing the race in its entrirety but I will be avoiding the Austrian national anthem.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 21:22 (Ref:2960866)   #58
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
I'd suggest the organisers of GPs in the future start playing it with about 5 laps to go from now on ...
Old 25 Sep 2011, 21:23 (Ref:2960869)   #59
deeks6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Schumacher you bleepin bleeepin bleepin idiot!!!!!!!!!
No mention of Hamateur and his latest display of idiocy as well?
Old 25 Sep 2011, 22:13 (Ref:2960890)   #60
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
Maybe you should read this article..

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94849
Old 25 Sep 2011, 22:33 (Ref:2960899)   #61
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Schmui's reprimand was a bit OTT. It wasn't his fault really, just an accident.

As for Hamilton - Whitmarsh spends an awful lot of his time defending him, but Hammy likes complaining about the car. Not good for him. His little feud with Massa started in qualifying and now in the race.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 22:56 (Ref:2960903)   #62
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
I think Schmui's reprimand was a bit OTT. It wasn't his fault really, just an accident.
I thought that as well, the racing police strike again..
Old 26 Sep 2011, 00:21 (Ref:2960916)   #63
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I thought that as well, the racing police strike again..
They won't have consistency till they appoint a permanent driving standards observer.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 00:58 (Ref:2960925)   #64
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well exactly is a reprimand? A fine/grid drop/slapping of the wrist?
Old 26 Sep 2011, 01:04 (Ref:2960927)   #65
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For what it's worth, Schumacher was a LOT faster than Rosberg again. He really needs to start beating him in qualifying though. He got caught behind traffic after the first stop and lost 10secs to Rosberg, closed it up to 4secs again once he cleared traffic, then Rosberg pitted earlier and MS stayed out a lap or 2 too long and the gap was back to 8secs. But MS closed right back up on him again, almost, before Rosberg had his little collision.

MS was over a second a lap faster in a clean air, so it was only a matter of time before he passed Perez, Rosberg and Sutil. Not sure if he would have beaten Di Resta - depends how the pit stops would have gone without the safety car. I think at the time he and Di Resta both had 1 stop left to make, but MS had better tyres. So he probably would have got another 5th as Hamilton wouldn't have got back to where he finished either.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 09:45 (Ref:2961044)   #66
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Haven't seen anything about Lotus being penalised for unsafe release in the pits. This was to be investigated after the race.

Have Lotus been cleared?
Old 26 Sep 2011, 11:46 (Ref:2961090)   #67
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Was reading through the thread, and was thinking, what I need right now is Deeks66 with some sort of anti Hamilton nonsense. And huzzah - there it twas! I love that phrase Hamateur. Rhymes with, er, amateur. That surely cannot be coincidence. Although not sure how the word Amateur can apply to one of the highest paid sportsmen on the planet.

Hamilton miss timed the cut back across the back of Massa (although was there something a bit earlier?). Simple racing incident. Surprised he was penalised for that one. Not surprised about Deeks comment.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 13:20 (Ref:2961145)   #68
deeks6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Was reading through the thread, and was thinking, what I need right now is Deeks66 with some sort of anti Hamilton nonsense. And huzzah - there it twas! I love that phrase Hamateur. Rhymes with, er, amateur. That surely cannot be coincidence. Although not sure how the word Amateur can apply to one of the highest paid sportsmen on the planet.

Hamilton miss timed the cut back across the back of Massa (although was there something a bit earlier?). Simple racing incident. Surprised he was penalised for that one. Not surprised about Deeks comment.
Was just thinking to myself "which one of these die-hard Hamateur fans will even try to defend him for yet another blatant piece of dangerous driving?" (I think 8 or so "simple racing incidents" year to date is a little coincididental, no?)

Got the answer, thanks, but I did have you as a 5-1 outsider ...
Old 26 Sep 2011, 13:42 (Ref:2961154)   #69
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Haven't seen anything about Lotus being penalised for unsafe release in the pits. This was to be investigated after the race.

Have Lotus been cleared?
They got a 10k Euro fine, i believe?
Old 26 Sep 2011, 21:47 (Ref:2961382)   #70
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Got the answer, thanks, but I did have you as a 5-1 outsider ...
The bookie wouldn't give me any odds on Deeks having an anti-Hamilton rant again.

Let's look at the penalties objectively.
Hamilton made a mistake and hit another car. Drive through penalty.
Schumacher made a mistake and hit another car. Reprimand.
Slight difference in the severity of the penalty. Personally I didn't see any difference in the severity of the offence, but clearly the stewards did.

In the past we have seen so many drivers suffer due to the mistakes of others. It seems to me that the current crop of penalties aims to even things up a bit in such circumstances. I can live with that. And in such circumstances I don't think there needs to be any stigma attached to such penalties: you make a mistake, you take your penalty, you get on with life.

Clearly Lotus made an unsafe release and were hit with a financial penalty for it. In my view the judgement was right but the penalty was wrong. Fines are not an appropriate way of dealing with sporting misdemeanours. The driver should get a drive-through. Some will say that's harsh on the driver for a team mistake, but it's just the same if the team makes a different sort of mistake and forgets to do up a wheel nut, or whatever.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 22:15 (Ref:2961392)   #71
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
The bookie wouldn't give me any odds on Deeks having an anti-Hamilton rant again.

Slight difference in the severity of the penalty. Personally I didn't see any difference in the severity of the offence, but clearly the stewards did.
The difference is Schumacher was in the wall and out of the race, so you can't give him a drive-through anymore. I'm amazed Perez continued though, how the **** can a car take another launching overtop of it, and only get a puncture? But anyway, they could only reprimand/fine/grid drop Schumacher, but it was a small mistake in judgement, almost a racing incident. He didn't intentionally push someone off the road.

It compares to Hamilton at Spa when he turned in on Kobaroadblocky - Hamilton clearly ****ed up but didn't get any post race penalty for it.

Hamilton getting a penalty was a tough call, but I'm not surprised he got it.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 23:29 (Ref:2961418)   #72
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:

In the past we have seen so many drivers suffer due to the mistakes of others. It seems to me that the current crop of penalties aims to even things up a bit in such circumstances. I can live with that. And in such circumstances I don't think there needs to be any stigma attached to such penalties: you make a mistake, you take your penalty, you get on with life.

Clearly Lotus made an unsafe release and were hit with a financial penalty for it. In my view the judgement was right but the penalty was wrong. Fines are not an appropriate way of dealing with sporting misdemeanours. The driver should get a drive-through. Some will say that's harsh on the driver for a team mistake, but it's just the same if the team makes a different sort of mistake and forgets to do up a wheel nut, or whatever.
This was explained on "The Chequered Flag" as follows..

The Lewis on Felipe spoiled Felipe's race because he had to pit...Michael on Perez, well he was able to continue..

Anyway that is how those guys explained the stewards decision.
Old 27 Sep 2011, 00:02 (Ref:2961430)   #73
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

That sounds fair.
Old 27 Sep 2011, 06:01 (Ref:2961482)   #74
deeks6
Veteran

Quote:
If you give me 20-1 I'll try real hard to contain myself ...

Remember, he's about due to hit Webber again ... think about it
Old 27 Sep 2011, 11:29 (Ref:2961594)   #75
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
This was explained on "The Chequered Flag" as follows..

The Lewis on Felipe spoiled Felipe's race because he had to pit...Michael on Perez, well he was able to continue..

Anyway that is how those guys explained the stewards decision.
I would love to see Perez's lap on lap telemetry traces leading up to Schumacher hitting him.
I think he made a mistake and then braked much earlier than normal trying to get back on line. Which he was free to do! The car was on a strange line and failed to get out of Schumacher's way as you would normally expect.
Not suggesting it was anything other than a racing incident, but I thought the move was on until the contact! Ooops!
Closed Thread