Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Oct 2018, 00:59 (Ref:3855310)   #76
F1 Livery Histories
Rookie

Australia
F1 Livery Histories should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1 Livery Histories should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here it is everyone, the long-awaited BRM episode. Hope you enjoy

F1 Livery Histories: B.R.M.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 01:20 (Ref:3855313)   #77
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 Livery Histories View Post
Here it is everyone, the long-awaited BRM episode. Hope you enjoy

F1 Livery Histories: B.R.M.
Looking forward to watching it.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 03:30 (Ref:3855332)   #78
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very informative, especially the early years, which I'm not familiar with. However, there are a couple of things not quite right. In 1973, BRM raced upgraded versions of the P160, the D and E, there was no P163. The P160D was entered for the Argentine, Brazilian and South African GPs, as well as the Race of Champions and the International Trophy, where the P160E, made it's debut.

Also in 1973, BRM switched from BP to Fina. Here is a picture of Niki Lauda in a P160E at the Italian Grand Prix and you can see the Fina decal on top of the side radiator inlet.

Old 8 Oct 2018, 07:51 (Ref:3855355)   #79
F1 Livery Histories
Rookie

Australia
F1 Livery Histories should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1 Livery Histories should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the feedback BJS. I just had a quick look back over the script, and I did indeed say P160D, however, I may not have spoken clearly enough , and so it may very well sound like I said P163. The switch to Fina was a detail I missed, that's okay though as I plan to do a channel reboot eventually, where I plan to re-upload the videos, but fix up some mistakes here & there. In fact the people here at TenTenths have been very helpful in regards to this.

Great picture of Lauda by the way.
Old 1 Nov 2018, 10:01 (Ref:3860301)   #80
F1 Livery Histories
Rookie

Australia
Back again with another video. This time one on a team which associated itself with not one, but two, murderers during its time in the top flight.

F1 Livery Histories: LARROUSSE
Old 2 Nov 2018, 14:07 (Ref:3860566)   #81
ibsey
Rookie

ibsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always like the Kronenbourg Larrousse livery from 1994
Old 2 Nov 2018, 14:55 (Ref:3860573)   #82
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Larrousse always seemed to have great liveries
Old 4 Nov 2018, 23:56 (Ref:3860991)   #83
F1 Livery Histories
Rookie

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibsey View Post
I always like the Kronenbourg Larrousse livery from 1994
Same! In theory a livery like that shouldn't work, but it ended up being a really striking, standout livery IMO. In fact I like both of the liveries they ran in '94.
Old 5 Nov 2018, 14:23 (Ref:3861126)   #84
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Same! In theory a livery like that shouldn't work, but it ended up being a really striking, standout livery IMO. In fact I like both of the liveries they ran in '94.
Shame F1 teams can't run more than one livery anymore. They always have done in IndyCar and it makes for a less corporate look and greater, visual variety.
Old 5 Nov 2018, 15:45 (Ref:3861145)   #85
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i recall reading that Brawn...or maybe it was (Zak) Brown, talking about this recently.

i suppose can understand not wanting to have two cars running different liveries at the same time (people are so easily confused these days) but from a marketing and money point of view, why this isnt a common practice is a mystery to me.

given the budgetary demands of the sport, why not let teams run a special at say Monaco or another equally important flyaway for some extra cash?

i never understood the logic of preventing this. the best i can think of is that Bernie felt it would get in the way of his own sponsorship deals.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 12:41 (Ref:3861349)   #86
F1 Livery Histories
Rookie

Australia
Come to think of it this is the exact kind of thing BAR should have done when they first started. Guess they were too stubborn to give up their alternating liveries and we ended up with that absurd zip-up livery for 1999. Shame really cause that blue 555 livery is right up there with some of the best liveries I've seen.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 15:19 (Ref:3861373)   #87
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Maybe BAR deliberately gave us that horrible zip up livery as protest for not letting them run cars in two different liveries
Old 6 Nov 2018, 23:03 (Ref:3861487)   #88
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
RBR had a special one-off livery for Coulthard for his final race in 2008 didn't they? With Webber running the normal livery.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 23:51 (Ref:3861494)   #89
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
RBR had a special one-off livery for Coulthard for his final race in 2008 didn't they? With Webber running the normal livery.
They did.

Old 7 Nov 2018, 02:37 (Ref:3861521)   #90
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
They did.

That thing is horrid!
Old 7 Nov 2018, 04:04 (Ref:3861529)   #91
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Lucky it only lasted 1.5 corners in the race!
Old 7 Nov 2018, 08:52 (Ref:3861577)   #92
S griffin
Veteran

Do you mean the livery or the car? Because I think the livery looks alright, but the winglets on it, no way!
Old 7 Nov 2018, 12:25 (Ref:3861612)   #93
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Do you mean the livery or the car? Because I think the livery looks alright, but the winglets on it, no way!
The car
Old 8 Nov 2018, 09:10 (Ref:3861764)   #94
F1 Livery Histories
Rookie

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Maybe BAR deliberately gave us that horrible zip up livery as protest for not letting them run cars in two different liveries
In some ways, yes, it had to have been some kind of ploy to stick it to the FIA, showing them that they can run two liveries at once if they want. The only problem is the only ones who were made to look foolish after all was said and done was BAR!
Old 8 Nov 2018, 09:17 (Ref:3861769)   #95
F1 Livery Histories
Rookie

Australia
In my opinion Formula One cars looked the best from 1965 - 1967, 1980 - 1982, 1991 - 1993 and 1999 - 2001 for a variety of reasons.

On the flipside the late 60's (first appearance of wings), the mid-2000s (over abundance of winglets) and the early 2010s (advent of big boxy wings) are some of the times when F1 cars have looked pretty ordinary. Funnily enough, for me at least, the problem always seems to stem from aero. Makes sense I guess when a car's bodywork is what you're looking at 90% of the time when watching races.
Old 8 Nov 2018, 15:39 (Ref:3861819)   #96
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
true true...was a big fan of the R24 livery which they essentially kept intact for 2005 but the body work, slots on the side pods, on the R25 took away from the quality of that livery imo.
Old 9 Nov 2018, 00:40 (Ref:3861894)   #97
F1 Livery Histories
Rookie

Australia
The Mild Seven Renault liveries were some of the best ever seen in the F1 paddock. Was a massive fan of the Benetton's of the mid-90s too. '96 or '98 were probably the smartest looking.
Old 25 Nov 2018, 06:02 (Ref:3865634)   #98
F1 Livery Histories
Rookie

Australia
Episode 15 in the series details RBR.

F1 Livery Histories: RED BULL
Old 20 Jan 2019, 08:53 (Ref:3877264)   #99
F1 Livery Histories
Rookie

Australia
Hey everyone. Just thought I'd drop by & share the latest goings-on with the channel.

F1 Livery Histories: LIGIER

F1 Livery Histories: MARCH
Old 20 Jan 2019, 12:04 (Ref:3877292)   #100
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Makes sense I guess when a car's bodywork is what you're looking at 90% of the time when watching races.
'A shame.

To enjoy the true nature of F1, one should be watching/looking a bit deeper then just the skin......try using more than just the eyes and ears. There's a sixth sense inside the ol' noggin'.....

(for the uninitiated... https://english.stackexchange.com/qu...ng-your-noggin )

jimclark