Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Nov 2019, 09:42 (Ref:3941583)   #76
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamolad View Post
Not kidding, and who said DJRTP are sceptical of the findings?

With the 'debriss' BS they accepted all findings and pleaded guilty to unsporting conduct.
They paid $150k and 300 points for running a generally accepted 20 second SC buffer out to 47 seconds.

Quote:
The tech breach was there and Dick himself said it should not have happened.

"The Bathurst stuff shouldn’t have happened and we’ve paid the price,’’ Johnson said.
A rooted engine being checked - that is what shouldn't have happened.

They also found water in the oil - surprised they didn't hand out a penalty for that as well.

Quote:
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Supercars is the game, and the prizes are the Championship, Bathurst and the Teams' Championship.

DJRTP are playing, and have won 2 out of 3 of those prizes so far this year.
Old 19 Nov 2019, 10:18 (Ref:3941591)   #77
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I sure Forda is a DJRTP employee, going by his unwaivering denial they have done any wrong, even in the face of the teams' own admission of guilt, and lack of appeals.
Old 19 Nov 2019, 10:19 (Ref:3941592)   #78
Jamolad
Rookie

Jamolad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
...A rooted engine being checked - that is what shouldn't have happened.
You cut out the bit where Dick said, "We made a mistake, we’ve paid the penalty.’’???

Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
I sure Forda is a DJRTP employee, going by his unwaivering denial they have done any wrong, even in the face of the teams' own admission of guilt, and lack of appeals.
Before that he was the Iraq Information Minister.

Old 19 Nov 2019, 11:09 (Ref:3941594)   #79
Forda
Veteran

The main thing DJRTP have done "wrong" here is break the once-perpetual Holden/888 cycle.

Seems to make people froth at the mouth, some more than others.

Including Ryan Walkinshaw, who has now been exposed for sending hate messages to Scotty via text.
Old 19 Nov 2019, 11:17 (Ref:3941596)   #80
Jamolad
Rookie

Jamolad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The main thing DJRTP have done "wrong" here is break the once-perpetual Holden/888 cycle.
+ unsporting conduct

+ tech breach

They're both "wrong" too aren't they?

What Ryan W did is unacceptable.
Old 19 Nov 2019, 11:48 (Ref:3941601)   #81
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Frothing at the mouth, have a look in the mirror. It is interesting when people get into protracted arguments such as this with nothing more than fandom zeal and no true knowledge of what makes a racing car tick. Everyone but you can see what happened, why is that? You remind me of a politician that will talk for a week on anything bar the facts of the matter.
Old 19 Nov 2019, 12:40 (Ref:3941613)   #82
Forda
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Frothing at the mouth, have a look in the mirror.
You're simply proving the point with your rant.

Quote:
It is interesting when people get into protracted arguments such as this with nothing more than fandom zeal and no true knowledge of what makes a racing car tick.
Being able to single-handedly build a Supercar isn't a prerequisite for following the sport.

Quote:
Everyone but you can see what happened, why is that?
There are two sides to every story, and only one is getting any real media space.
No one has officially determined why, and released details of what caused, the Q engine to have tolerance variances on 3 of it's 16 valves.

Quote:
You remind me of a politician that will talk for a week on anything bar the facts of the matter.
And you remind me of one of those old car weirdos who like to rattle on about the days of yore.
Old 20 Nov 2019, 06:13 (Ref:3941714)   #83
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They paid $150k and 300 points for running a generally accepted 20 second SC buffer out to 47 seconds.
No, it was a 1 second gap that went to 47 seconds.
Old 20 Nov 2019, 06:28 (Ref:3941715)   #84
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
+ unsporting conduct

+ tech breach

They're both "wrong" too aren't they?

What Ryan W did is unacceptable.
And cheating by lobbying for unjustified parity advantages........oh wait.......:
Old 20 Nov 2019, 09:17 (Ref:3941728)   #85
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Stop crying. Everyone cheats
Old 20 Nov 2019, 12:48 (Ref:3941759)   #86
V12muscleman
Rookie

V12muscleman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Including Ryan Walkinshaw, who has now been exposed for sending hate messages to Scotty via text.
Scott has been abusing team owners, team principals and even the entire paddock calling them ‘toxic’’ for several months now.

Hardly surprising someone has finally had a go at him to his face, if it’s even true. As for calling his team cheats, I think that is something that is now well and truly considered fact ever since bathurst...
Old 20 Nov 2019, 22:16 (Ref:3941839)   #87
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bathurst just confirmed beyond all reasonable doubt they are cheats. After the drop-gear incident and the rear wing angle incident, everyone has been looking at them sideways ever since then. It was a matter of when they got caught, not if. Penske also has a long track record of cheating in the US, so not sure why some people would think he would operate differently in Australia?
Old 20 Nov 2019, 22:25 (Ref:3941840)   #88
Forda
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie View Post
No, it was a 1 second gap that went to 47 seconds.
A 20 second SC buffer is considered okay, wink-wink.
888 have proved that to be the case in the past.
The Dude reckoned getting away with that was somewhat reasonable.

But running that out a further 27 seconds = $250k / 300 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12muscleman View Post
Scott has been abusing team owners, team principals and even the entire paddock calling them ‘toxic’’ for several months now.
The "toxic" comments have only been said recently.

If you want to substantiate this claim though, then please provide links - anything from prior to this month will do.

Quote:
Hardly surprising someone has finally had a go at him to his face, if it’s even true.
But Ryan didn't "go at him to his face", he sent underhanded text messages instead.

Pretty disgraceful behaviour, even more so when it comes directly from a team owner.

But possibly born out of spite - Scotty turned down an offer to join WAU a few years back. Obviously he didn't have rocks in his head.
Old 20 Nov 2019, 23:22 (Ref:3941847)   #89
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

Hardly surprising someone has finally had a go at him to his face, if it’s even true. As for calling his team cheats, I think that is something that is now well and truly considered fact ever since bathurst...
Good on Scotty for calling pitlane toxic that is exactly what it is, all the nuffies on here whinging about DJR/TP can suck it up!
Old 21 Nov 2019, 00:20 (Ref:3941850)   #90
V12muscleman
Rookie

Quote:

The "toxic" comments have only been said recently.

If you want to substantiate this claim though, then please provide links - anything from prior to this month will do.

But Ryan didn't "go at him to his face", he sent underhanded text messages instead.

Pretty disgraceful behaviour, even more so when it comes directly from a team owner.

But possibly born out of spite - Scotty turned down an offer to join WAU a few years back. Obviously he didn't have rocks in his head.
There’s a common thread here though, we have seen many team owners, team principals, drivers and others be critical of Scott recently.

Almost as if he is losing friends up and down pitlane due to his behaviour.

Also from who I have asked in pitlane the story is that RW said something along the lines of them pitlane is toxic towards you guys because of your team’s cheating’. I also hear he was by far not the only person in pitlane who took great and understandable offence to Scott public insult of his peers.

I actually think that’s a fair thing to call someone up on. Scott brought it upon himself.
Old 21 Nov 2019, 00:49 (Ref:3941852)   #91
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Stop bending the facts to suit. Regardless of what happened previous, at Bathurst in 2019 the gap went from 1 second to 47 seconds.
Personally, I think DJRTP were lucky to get away with the penalty they did.

Quote:

I haven't seen this, have a link to share?
Old 21 Nov 2019, 01:21 (Ref:3941854)   #92
Forda
Veteran

Quote:
There’s a common thread here though, we have seen many team owners, team principals, drivers and others be critical of Scott recently.

Almost as if he is losing friends up and down pitlane due to his behaviour.

Also from who I have asked in pitlane the story is that RW said something along the lines of them pitlane is toxic towards you guys because of your team’s cheating’. I also hear he was by far not the only person in pitlane who took great and understandable offence to Scott public insult of his peers.

I actually think that’s a fair thing to call someone up on. Scott brought it upon himself.
Your story is inconsistent.

Scotty called pit lane 'toxic' only recently, and not "for several months now" as you originally stated.

And calling them 'toxic' seems to have occurred after people like Ryan Walkinshaw insulted him, due to a minute tolerance issue found in Car 17's engine, which was stuffed.

Scotty didn't cheat; he didn't build the engine, it's not his responsibility to check for component tolerance variations which are smaller than the width of a human hair.

There's some lowlifes out there, and in this case, some have ulterior motives.
Old 21 Nov 2019, 02:00 (Ref:3941858)   #93
V12muscleman
Rookie

Quote:
Your story is inconsistent.

Scotty called pit lane 'toxic' only recently, and not "for several months now" as you originally stated.

And calling them 'toxic' seems to have occurred after people like Ryan Walkinshaw insulted him, due to a minute tolerance issue found in Car 17's engine, which was stuffed.

Scotty didn't cheat; he didn't build the engine, it's not his responsibility to check for component tolerance variations which are smaller than the width of a human hair.

There's some lowlifes out there, and in this case, some have ulterior motives.
I never said the toxic thing was for months, I said he has been known to have been insulting various people in Supercars for months. Apologies as that wasn’t clear but can see how you inferred that from my original post.

As for the time of the alleged message exchange between RW and SM that was a few days after Sandown from what I gather. But who knows.

I suspect there’s a lot to be said for most people in Supercars all getting along well with one another, including RW, and only one driver who seems to consistently drive a wedge between people, SM. Just saying.

Just to be clear I like SM and don’t fall into the Holden vs Ford crap, but I also like to tell it like it is. I know a lot of people in Supercars who have told me they were deeply insulted by SM calling them all toxic.
Old 21 Nov 2019, 02:42 (Ref:3941863)   #94
V12muscleman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie View Post
Stop bending the facts to suit. Regardless of what happened previous, at Bathurst in 2019 the gap went from 1 second to 47 seconds.
Personally, I think DJRTP were lucky to get away with the penalty they did.

I haven't seen this, have a link to share?
No link, it’s a claim made by Steven Johnson on his podcast who from what I’ve heard has over exaggerated the gravity of the message exchange whilst also ignoring what Scott may have been saying to RW. Remember there are generally two Sides to every story...
Old 21 Nov 2019, 12:32 (Ref:3941919)   #95
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You're simply proving the point with your rant.

Being able to single-handedly build a Supercar isn't a prerequisite for following the sport.

There are two sides to every story, and only one is getting any real media space.
No one has officially determined why, and released details of what caused, the Q engine to have tolerance variances on 3 of it's 16 valves.

And you remind me of one of those old car weirdos who like to rattle on about the days of yore.
What rant? Please supply link to rant, this sounds like someone who does not have a logical and clear explanation of what sheets of paper have got to do with camshaft lift tolerances. We still haven't got to the bottom of that yet so please supply the required information I requested and put all our minds at rest so engine builders can take note and use that allowance.
Old 21 Nov 2019, 20:26 (Ref:3942001)   #96
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better still, the engine builders can then apply the "new" tolerances to an odd number of valves to do nothing to enhance their performance.
Why would you stop there?
How about we switch it up and build engines with various infinite different spec of clearance throughout the engine just so we have some rubbish to trawl through.
Old 21 Nov 2019, 22:51 (Ref:3942028)   #97
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's interesting to note comments by Supercars engine builders that a shagged engine with worn valve train will basically never measure lift over, always under. So I wonder how many of the measurements were over when the engine was built.

And Supercars engines are sealed by certified engine builder, they are never measured by Supercars at that point.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 04:35 (Ref:3942073)   #98
gravin
Rookie

gravin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
It's interesting to note comments by Supercars engine builders that a shagged engine with worn valve train will basically never measure lift over, always under. So I wonder how many of the measurements were over when the engine was built.

And Supercars engines are sealed by certified engine builder, they are never measured by Supercars at that point.
The Q engine has been opened and measured before by SC though hasn't it?
Old 22 Nov 2019, 05:26 (Ref:3942077)   #99
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nope. Only after.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 14:38 (Ref:3942155)   #100
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

I wonder what they actually measure, the lift at the valve head or the lift measured at the camshaft lobe. The latter is the normal thing to do but the former gives the actual camshaft lift measurement at the valve head. Camshaft lift is used to degree the camshaft which is a fancy name for splitting the lift each side of TDC. Splitting the lift retarded or advanced either side of TDC has advantages depending on the track configuration, Bathurst and Winton would ideally have the camshaft timed to do different things if the regs allow splitting the overlap each side of TDC.