Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 6 Aug 2005, 17:35 (Ref:1373825)   #1
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTCC Snetterton Thread

Chilton take Snetterton pole, with Collard alongside.

Maybe the weight is more of a handicap here?

Surprising grid.

Chilton
Collard
Eaves
Muller
Turkington
Neal
Hines
Plato
Smith
Kaye
Leggate
Proctor
Curley
Pickford
Williams

Last edited by Hazard; 7 Aug 2005 at 10:47.
Old 6 Aug 2005, 17:41 (Ref:1373828)   #2
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great result for Tom, lets hope he makes it in to a win. Looks set to be an interesting race 1 with that grid. Great to see Leggate again qualifying at the front of her field if you like
Old 7 Aug 2005, 08:20 (Ref:1374135)   #3
John Winter
Racer

John Winter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why isn't Jason Hughes driving this race?
Old 7 Aug 2005, 08:44 (Ref:1374141)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Should be a good set of races in any case, a shame there's no live coverage this time. Jason Hughes' team are running on limited funds, and I guess the non-TV races have less advertising allure.
Old 7 Aug 2005, 09:53 (Ref:1374182)   #5
John Winter
Racer

Thank god I've got MotorsTV :')
Old 7 Aug 2005, 10:48 (Ref:1374207)   #6
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A dominant win for Chilton there. TD back close to the front. 'Good' racing in that one, but race one's always cleaner. No real clashes beyond Plato removing his team mate from the race...lets see if he gets more points for that one.
Old 7 Aug 2005, 11:34 (Ref:1374250)   #7
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done to Tom on his lights to flag victory and the Halford's drivers also on the podium.
Shame with Collard with his lousy start from the front row.
Old 7 Aug 2005, 15:20 (Ref:1374337)   #8
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Again good mature drive by Chilton who really has it going for him.
I hope to see Eaves come through for the final race.
Old 7 Aug 2005, 15:23 (Ref:1374341)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Assuming he makes it near the front I suspect that there will be good defense by the first Seat he reaches. Those rear gunners will help the leader (assuming again they are still in front).
Old 7 Aug 2005, 15:58 (Ref:1374361)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A SEAT 1-2 then.

Well done.
Old 7 Aug 2005, 16:06 (Ref:1374364)   #11
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And first podium for Pickford...
Old 7 Aug 2005, 18:41 (Ref:1374412)   #12
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Mostly behaved today? Except Eaves that is...I'm still unsure about Neal's move in race two aswell.

Congratulations to Team Dynamics on taking the independants title from WSR...not that they weren't exactly going to win it anyway.
Old 7 Aug 2005, 20:00 (Ref:1374443)   #13
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good lot of races. Three abreast in to bomb hole in race two was great to watch!

And for once we wont be hearing Collard go on about what a great start he got and how he was hit. it was your on doing this time Rob.

Well done to Picky, good 2nd place. What happened to Plato in race 1?
Old 7 Aug 2005, 20:03 (Ref:1374447)   #14
John Winter
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Mostly behaved today? Except Eaves that is...I'm still unsure about Neal's move in race two aswell.
The tap on the back of Hines was not good, I agree. I think Neal was well enough next to Muller and he should have gotten more room. If you can't have contacts like that and drivers are allowed to close doors, you won't see any overtaking.
Old 7 Aug 2005, 20:03 (Ref:1374448)   #15
John Winter
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy king
What happened to Plato in race 1?
His engine said: do it yourself, I quit.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 06:47 (Ref:1374665)   #16
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Um so Snetterton then TBH it was all a bit forgetable and nothing really happen and I thought something really was going to kick off. Fiona Leggate had a problem with the gearbox which is why she didn't start race 3. Photos later on tonight.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 12:09 (Ref:1374893)   #17
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
The best thing out of all the touring car races was three abreast in to the bombhole with Eaves, Muller and i think Chilton in the second race?
Old 8 Aug 2005, 14:06 (Ref:1374971)   #18
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it was a bit processional (watched from russell) least entertaining btcc races i've been to to so far this year,

its difficult to know where to spectate from at snetterton last year there was loads of action at the first two corners and this year the bombhole seems to have been best

great to see well driven mature drives from chilton, last year he was re-arranging the front of his car at every meeting
Old 8 Aug 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1375017)   #19
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The most impressive thing this weekend was Plato's grid girl
Old 8 Aug 2005, 15:04 (Ref:1375034)   #20
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Watched race one from a pitlane garage TV, race two from Russell and didn't bother at all with race three. Both the races I saw were incredibly dull. Hope Silverstone is better cos I'm hoping to get along to that.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 16:15 (Ref:1375089)   #21
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So, does the BTCC have to be either a) dull or b) crash, bang, wallop?

Seems so at the moment.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 21:21 (Ref:1375327)   #22
stevebrown
Racer

England
The Port of Indecision, SW of Disorder
stevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tell you what the least impressive thing was. The a le who snatched a Team Halfords t-shirt out of the hands of my mate's five year old son.
Oh and the D d's who leant on/pushed over two women just to get a cap. (One of those women was my wife).
Steve B
Old 8 Aug 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1375332)   #23
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just uploaded my photos from the weekend and they can be found here for Saturday and here for Sunday
Old 8 Aug 2005, 21:34 (Ref:1375338)   #24
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebrown
I tell you what the least impressive thing was. The a le who snatched a Team Halfords t-shirt out of the hands of my mate's five year old son.
Oh and the D d's who leant on/pushed over two women just to get a cap. (One of those women was my wife).
Steve B
That's the trouble for those freebie scrums. I was once stood in the Snetterton pitlane hurling caps and t shirts into the crowd and saw a little kid fall in the chaos it caused. It was so bad that I, and the other guys in the team, stopped throwing them out and never did it again. I know everyone loves a freebie, and I hate to be a spoilsport, but TOCA really should stop the teams from creating such chaos.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 21:57 (Ref:1375350)   #25
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
The only team that have the freebie scum is Team Halfords, mainly because of that idot with a microphone, I always try to get pictures of the drivers and I am yet to get a good shot of any of the Team Halfords drivers, because of the scrum. I just walk straight passed now and go visit WSR, Vauxhall etc you can get pictures and to meet the drivers with out any problems.