Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 23 Feb 2019, 09:53 (Ref:3886119)   #1976
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Ha bon? Still using a chain… Vintage bike then! When you say right you mean right or right?
Old 23 Feb 2019, 12:14 (Ref:3886134)   #1977
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I always thought rear engine Porkers had good traction, but for our 356SC / Will Stephens, something to consider for Peter Auto should it be snowing in Barcelona at the beginning of April....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/...cid=spartandhp
I am sure they ran like this in period.....appx k application here we come!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 23 Feb 2019, 16:11 (Ref:3886148)   #1978
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For Alfa lovers taking their Tea Break.

https://online.handh.co.uk/m/lot-det...current_page=0

and

https://online.handh.co.uk/m/lot-det...%2Fid%2F114%2F
Old 23 Feb 2019, 16:16 (Ref:3886150)   #1979
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Indeeeeed, pfffffff
If you need a period correct witness, be my guest Will. Something about the wing on the roof has to be discussed tho. As on usual just a "Matter" of money…
Old 23 Feb 2019, 16:42 (Ref:3886154)   #1980
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sorry Grant not my favorite… Do you have many Eventer's in your area?
Old 23 Feb 2019, 17:11 (Ref:3886161)   #1981
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Sorry Grant not my favorite… Do you have many Eventer's in your area?
D’you mean Lynx XJS Eventer? One of my favourite Jaguars, if so. Pretty rare, less than 70 built......
Old 23 Feb 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3886166)   #1982
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
D’you mean Lynx XJS Eventer?
Yop! Not sure all were made by Lynx several theories about that. The one I could detail had a metal sheet to lengthen the wheel base located between the front and rear seats. The same guy has a converted XJ6 too.
I guess the most famous break conversions in your area are either Bentley or RR based. Didn't we have a famous brand of champagne promoting its product with a Bentley? Can't remember…
Old 23 Feb 2019, 18:39 (Ref:3886168)   #1983
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Right Mike, 67 to be more precise. I met the guy: https://www.lynxeventer.com he says not all were exactly the same making the restoration pretty difficult.
I admit the pictures dont give justice to this very elegant and sporty variation. OK, the Aston is the best, the 1800 ES is great and the Renault 30 with a belgian kit was good looking too. Apal? Hummmm …
Old 23 Feb 2019, 18:43 (Ref:3886170)   #1984
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ha just found a picture of the XJ, a XJ 12 in fact becoming XJ12 HE Estate…
Ugly red! https://www.lynxeventer.com/news/xj1...-serie-3-1981/

Sorry not R30 more likely Safrane both being big pieces of crap!

Last edited by Gerard C; 23 Feb 2019 at 18:55.
Old 23 Feb 2019, 19:16 (Ref:3886176)   #1985
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Ha just found a picture of the XJ, a XJ 12 in fact becoming XJ12 HE Estate…
Ugly red!
Sorry not R30 more likely Safrane both being big pieces of crap!
Ugly- full stop! Good looking modern conversions- Aston Martin Bertone Jet and Remetzcar Tesla model S. Both extremely cool, if hardly family transport.....
Old 23 Feb 2019, 20:14 (Ref:3886186)   #1986
Terence Bower
Rookie

Germany
Terence Bower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Terence your dog was may be fascinated by that:
https://www.history.com/news/china-p...de-of-the-moon
Or if he is romantic by that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLOth-BuCNY

😂Always wondered if the Chinese are using solar power on that probe.
Old 23 Feb 2019, 21:34 (Ref:3886194)   #1987
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
C'on Mike, had to google the two cars you listed! Unfair! What do you ignore I wonder… I find the Remetz quite interesting because it takes in count the original design. My reference to "red" was about the XJ pictured!

Terence you're in great condition!
Old 23 Feb 2019, 21:47 (Ref:3886198)   #1988
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike the Remetz hearse is design wise electro-shoking!
Old 23 Feb 2019, 22:21 (Ref:3886206)   #1989
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
They made three of those:
https://www.lvmh.fr/actualites-docum...onde-jeunesse/
Disappointingly you can have only sixteen fresh bottles of the beverage…
Je bois Ã* votre santé, Messieurs les Anglais! Cheers!
Old 23 Feb 2019, 23:16 (Ref:3886210)   #1990
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

If the sales blurb is correct Appx K should be possible for this one.

http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/1...56-A-Speedster

I'm wondering how much investment potential there can be when the starting point for cash input is £300k.
Old 24 Feb 2019, 05:28 (Ref:3886236)   #1991
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nice catch Grant! I'd love to read Will's comment about this:
"Expertly converted to right-hand drive by JD Classics in 2015"
Convert a 356 or 911 is not an easy thing imo being very different from a TR for instance. In addition they didn't convert the wipers! Beurk!
When you look at a 356 you imagine they had rigidity in mind -or lack of!- the part supporting the dash is a cross member the gearbox "belongs" to the car and a massive U shape tube closes the trans tunnel. Is that correct Will?
Old 24 Feb 2019, 05:32 (Ref:3886238)   #1992
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
If the sales blurb is correct Appx K should be possible for this one.

I'm wondering how much investment potential there can be when the starting point for cash input is £300k.
Completely ruined by being converted to RHD! Why do people do that and destroy the originality....

The starting price is likely what the owner paid the classics company for doing the conversion. Nudge nudge...
Old 24 Feb 2019, 05:48 (Ref:3886239)   #1993
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Reuter, Karman new nothing about design before they discovered this, LE roadster Ã* la française, one of the best speedster of the world:
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panhard_Junior Alors ça, oui, c'est de la bagnole mon cousin!
Old 24 Feb 2019, 06:01 (Ref:3886240)   #1994
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
They made three of those:
Disappointingly you can have only sixteen fresh bottles of the beverage…
Je bois Ã* votre santé, Messieurs les Anglais! Cheers!
It’s a Camion, not a ‘break’..... Looks nicely done though, and now you’ve posted the pic, seem to rember it getting some publicity for Krug!

Old 24 Feb 2019, 06:51 (Ref:3886244)   #1995
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As you say Gerard they spend a load of money on converting the car to RHD and leave the wipers...looks odd!

As for ridgity in a 356....even with the roll cage in ours needs welding up where the body flexes and cracks!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 24 Feb 2019, 08:24 (Ref:3886249)   #1996
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Reuter, Karman new nothing about design before they discovered this, LE roadster Ã* la française, one of the best speedster of the world:
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panhard_Junior Alors ça, oui, c'est de la bagnole mon cousin!
"The Junior is offered with 4 HP and 4 HP Sprint engines. Offered in 1953 with a 5HP 'Sprint' engine! " (According to the Wiki article linked)

Only 650kg though.

Looks like it has suicide doors as well.
Old 24 Feb 2019, 09:06 (Ref:3886256)   #1997
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
As you say Gerard they spend a load of money on converting the car to RHD and leave the wipers...looks odd!

As for ridgity in a 356....even with the roll cage in ours needs welding up where the body flexes and cracks!
Will, ‘bout time your Dad got one of them BTCC multiple tube welded in cages fitted. The sort you have to climb through to find the seat. Seem to be all the rage nowadays, and am sure your popularity with PA scrutineers will ensure it’s never queried....
Old 24 Feb 2019, 09:11 (Ref:3886257)   #1998
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
"The Junior is offered with 4 HP and 4 HP Sprint engines. Offered in 1953 with a 5HP 'Sprint' engine! " (According to the Wiki article linked)
Only 650kg though. Looks like it has suicide doors as well.
I guess they’re French horses, Chris. In those days they were a lot bigger than ours!

Over to Gerard to explain the old French taxation system......
Old 24 Feb 2019, 10:40 (Ref:3886274)   #1999
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bon prenons les choses dans l'ordre, Mike the big chief first. We had a taxation system based on displacement. It knew absolutely no limit. Thats why we had so few yank tanks here and I do remember Dad's Chevy Bel Air didn't last too long. May be 600 km may be less… In the 80's the government ask some help to RNUR, Renault in fact, to do the calculation. Thats why they made many turbo engines… Small displacement, good power, less taxes. See what?

Correct E.B suicide doors for the Panhard Junior as many other cars of this era.It was made in two different widths, making room for three adults. No trunk door, you have to slide the luggage behind the seat…

Will in your category does the 6 points maximum rule applies too? All the 911's I raced had to go on the jig after one season, we called that the "banana effect"!

PS Mike have I a special corrector on my profile? After Gordon becoming Stresser this mo I had "less" transformed in… sex!
Old 24 Feb 2019, 10:48 (Ref:3886275)   #2000
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
We often say no archetype for classics… Over the years I met many young 403 owners proud to have the same as dad for instance. When it comes to post war Panhards strangely I never ever could test an original one! Dual stage oil pump, twin carbs, twin ignition and moteur Tigre camshaft are almost the rule. I could drive a Junior flat out with a smiling owner by me. The performance and speed was so much amazing I asked several times what was under the bonnet. After one hour, he told me " I just have a complete 24 CT unit with a lot of work to increase the performance!".