Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 21 Nov 2018, 15:46 (Ref:3864773)   #2526
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
@Gerard - Montlery? Ah, David and I were at Dijon so must have the year muddled
Sorry have to check the year because seems you both are right. Sure about the Brit gentleman and the Lotus, last year for GPAO at Montlhéry so may be 2004 and not 2005 as I said. Not seen the video yet, will be quite new.

Mike, not bizarre, practical. If you fall in an ambush, just have to turn the canon and go the other way which will be forward AND backwards! This is weird.
All the examples we had were used in Algeria. And the Panhard flat 12 is to prone to leak oil… What do you think happens in an amphibious vehicle?
And no, you can't cook couscous using engine oil!
Old 21 Nov 2018, 16:29 (Ref:3864793)   #2527
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Midget and David, just had my friend Jean Marc (an heretic driving a "new" Semi Lightweight) and he confirms his mistake, was 2004 as you said.
Because you know Dijon, anyone in U2TC year 2007? Or Paul Ricard, same grid same year?
Old 21 Nov 2018, 17:31 (Ref:3864807)   #2528
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going karting practice tonight at Buckmore Park,shoudld be a little slippery but should be fun (which is the main part) before hopefully my first race this weekend.Should be good.

More workshop shenanigans tomorrow which shuldb decent.Ive done my calendar for 2019 (Historic only apart from GT Cup it included 3 PA (Spa,Dijon,Paul Ricard)Masters UK Rounds,Spa and PR.
Might not be able to go to all of them with my dad which is annoying but understanding given cost and time.The time goes so slow without a entry list to look forward to...best one being PA.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 18:10 (Ref:3864813)   #2529
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I don't know how on earth they synchronised their driving but it fascinating to watch. I can't imagine the machine exists today being a BLMC rust bucket.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trick Car.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	52229This is the same idea but a couple of Micra's
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Nov 2018, 20:11 (Ref:3864840)   #2530
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Attachment 52229This is the same idea but a couple of Micra's

Micras?

Are you sure?

Looks like 1100's to me.

Either way suggests a new future for cut-and-shut developments.

Last edited by grantp; 21 Nov 2018 at 20:17.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 23:04 (Ref:3864875)   #2531
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Midget and David, just had my friend Jean Marc (an heretic driving a "new" Semi Lightweight) and he confirms his mistake, was 2004 as you said.
Because you know Dijon, anyone in U2TC year 2007? Or Paul Ricard, same grid same year?
Err just to confuse things..... David was talking about 2007. Of that I am sure for many reasons. It was the only time I went to Dijon in June, the other visits were in October for the Trophees de Bourgogne.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 21 Nov 2018, 23:59 (Ref:3864882)   #2532
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Micras?

Are you sure?

Looks like 1100's to me.

Either way suggests a new future for cut-and-shut developments.
Quite right Grant, I got this picture from one of the guys that is still involved with the oval circuit scene and history, he said that there is a modern version with two bubble shaped Micra's and didn't realise that he had sent the original 1100 picture. Now I've had a look I can see they are indeed 1100s
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 22 Nov 2018, 05:25 (Ref:3864908)   #2533
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Err just to confuse things..... David was talking about 2007.
No worry. For sure we met, I worked for the GPAO organiser and now have a close relationship with the lady who checked your licences and payments.
I keep a good souvenir of this U2TC race. Dany Snobeck -not the guy next door in France - and I shared a Cortina. Before the start a plug fouled and Dany had to start after the safety car. He erased quickly this handicap.I do remember a compact pack of 4 or 5 Minis keeping the track busy… Sometimes they seem wider than they are!
Old 22 Nov 2018, 07:32 (Ref:3864923)   #2534
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
No worry. For sure we met, I worked for the GPAO organiser and now have a close relationship with the lady who checked your licences and payments.
It's a close-knit world motor racing. I'm often amazed how many people from different parts of my life are actually linked pretty closely.

For instance, only last week I met someone from my karting life who used to race Gordon Streeter.

Old 22 Nov 2018, 07:57 (Ref:3864926)   #2535
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Quite right Grant, I got this picture from one of the guys that is still involved with the oval circuit scene and history, he said that there is a modern version with two bubble shaped Micra's and didn't realise that he had sent the original 1100 picture. Now I've had a look I can see they are indeed 1100s
I think you're both wrong, it's a 2200...
Old 22 Nov 2018, 08:08 (Ref:3864930)   #2536
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
It's a close-knit world motor racing
Indeed! I sometimes wonder why its so difficult to join forces. I wrote a regulation to bring back the French Production - Grp1+modifications- grid to life. Based on what was good in period, avoiding previous mistakes and taking in count the existing cars now raced on a regular basis (around 40).
Then your Motorsport UK worked hard to have the Grp1,5 recognized. Fair enough, I then suggested to adopt it here with absolutely no success…
Old 22 Nov 2018, 08:14 (Ref:3864931)   #2537
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was actually the FIA historic team among whom is Louis Quinoux who recognized the Group 1.5 regs. The MSA were completely in the dark about it.
Old 22 Nov 2018, 08:22 (Ref:3864932)   #2538
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ha, OK, thanks for your precision. A good thing in my opinion. From the HTP list issued, I saw several Capris registered as CT30/GB, Grp1,5 I guess and one CT30/B. Could the last one be a Grp1B (Francorchamps) or only a belgian Grp1? Would you see any inconvenient if other countries adopt the same regulation, knowing that its successful in GB?
Old 22 Nov 2018, 08:26 (Ref:3864933)   #2539
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think it would be a problem to use these regs anywhere. To be fair they were based on the Francorchamps Group 1+ regs as I recall.
Old 22 Nov 2018, 10:00 (Ref:3864944)   #2540
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I should recall about those regs, I was there but in '76… Bigger wheels with no mods on the wings, spoiler and… my age! I'll try to give a call to my old friend de Ville de Goyet, he employs the guy who beat us during this race with a Dolly Sprint. From the results sheet I saw its hard to spot the difference between Grp 1 and 1,5.
The question Delta asked is quite interesting, "where to go with such car". At the moment, only PA HTC grid accepts Grp1 appendix while offering interesting tracks and a high level welcome. And the asked prices only reflect a good value for money ratio imho.
Old 22 Nov 2018, 10:17 (Ref:3864946)   #2541
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post

Good point!

Could have been a prototype for the Land Crab ...

That said, looking at the photo I am reminded of a Peugeot 106 (or the Citroen equivalent) I once followed for a while a few years ago. Two young lads in it, the type who might be up for a bit of driving excitement in the middle of town.

The offset between front and rear axle lines was about the same as displayed in the photo. I considered attempting to communicate with them and ask if they realised how bad the thing was but they did not look like the kind of people with whom to attempt such a communication and anyway no opportunity arose before I reached my destination.
Old 22 Nov 2018, 10:25 (Ref:3864954)   #2542
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I'll try and find out the truth, chrome bumpers date it somewhat
Old 22 Nov 2018, 10:27 (Ref:3864956)   #2543
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:

And the quarterlights.
Old 22 Nov 2018, 10:30 (Ref:3864958)   #2544
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
And the quarterlights.
Total anorak comment but seeing that the wheels are ventilated, I think that'd make it a 2600 (2 x 1300's)!
Old 22 Nov 2018, 10:35 (Ref:3864961)   #2545
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anoraks of the world unite!
Old 22 Nov 2018, 11:11 (Ref:3864969)   #2546
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Well it's defiantly 2 1100s or 1300s the 1800 and 2200 didn't have quarter lights
Old 22 Nov 2018, 11:12 (Ref:3864970)   #2547
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sorry Bob, can you help me please? My translator had some changes those days.
Anoraks, I know, world, a little bit but the thing refuses any suggestion for the word "unite" from English to French! Not even Spanish!
Old 22 Nov 2018, 11:27 (Ref:3864972)   #2548
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
I should recall about those regs, I was there but in '76… Bigger wheels with no mods on the wings, spoiler and… my age! I'll try to give a call to my old friend de Ville de Goyet, he employs the guy who beat us during this race with a Dolly Sprint. From the results sheet I saw its hard to spot the difference between Grp 1 and 1,5.
The question Delta asked is quite interesting, "where to go with such car". At the moment, only PA HTC grid accepts Grp1 appendix while offering interesting tracks and a high level welcome. And the asked prices only reflect a good value for money ratio imho.
Moto Racing Legends is running the Tony Dron Trophy, specifically for these cars.
Old 22 Nov 2018, 13:14 (Ref:3864992)   #2549
midgetman
Veteran

It just doesn't look like an 1100. My guess is Fiat 124 or similar.

Old 22 Nov 2018, 13:16 (Ref:3864994)   #2550
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
It just doesn't look like an 1100. My guess is Fiat 124 or similar.

That would be a challenge if it's a 124 Max, they were rear wheel drive!