Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 27 Apr 2000, 00:57 (Ref:557)   #1
Ace
Rookie

Ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So far his statistics are much better than those of MS when he started. Therefore Button is in his way to be the new king of the statistics.

Keep it up young boy!!!
Old 27 Apr 2000, 02:50 (Ref:558)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear Button Baby fancies himself the next Eddie Irvine. As if we don't have enough trouble with the Eddie Irvine we already have.....

Yes, ButtonBaby is definately just about as good as Mika Salo.
Old 27 Apr 2000, 03:14 (Ref:559)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mika Salo is pretty quick.

Wait and see about Baby Button.
Old 27 Apr 2000, 03:21 (Ref:560)   #4
Unknown Soldier
Racer

Unknown Soldier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Button better than MS?

Too early to tell. Let's see four or five years down the road how Button's career is going
Old 27 Apr 2000, 03:49 (Ref:561)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Didn't TGF (the other MS) start out in Jordan.....and if my memory serves me correctly they weren't half the team they are now. How does he compare to Jacques?? If using the logic that Button is better than MS just by going on the first few races, then Jacques is the greatest driver who ever lived...

GO JACQUES!!!!!!!
Old 27 Apr 2000, 07:49 (Ref:562)   #6
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've never seen one of Jenson's movies, but when I do, I'll let you know whether he's better than Martin Scorsese.

Strange question.
Old 27 Apr 2000, 10:35 (Ref:563)   #7
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look, it's not Schiaterella's fault - he was in a Simtek you know...

Old 27 Apr 2000, 10:36 (Ref:564)   #8
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As for being better than Mika Salo....

HA HA HARDY HA HA.

Old 27 Apr 2000, 13:17 (Ref:565)   #9
Ace
Rookie

Funny responses but with MS I meant TGF. Since TGF fans take the liberty of comparing him with Fangio or Senna why not compare Button with him. After all they are racing each other. I know is ridiculous to do so right now, just as ridiculous as comparing TGF with drivers that are not longer racing, because the parameters you use to compare them are not easy to establish.
Old 27 Apr 2000, 14:27 (Ref:566)   #10
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Unknown Soldier, it's too early to tell whether Button is better than MS or not. He's quickly becoming one of my favourites though, and being as good as he has been in his first races, he holds great promise.
Old 2 May 2000, 20:09 (Ref:567)   #11
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hardly think so. Yet...
Old 2 May 2000, 23:04 (Ref:568)   #12
AL Racing
Racer

AL Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he needs to be better than Ralfie before comparing him with the best driver in the world.
Old 2 May 2000, 23:11 (Ref:569)   #13
Ace
Rookie

He has beaten RS, hasn't he. You are right in one thing. We can't compare him with Mika or JV just yet.

[This message has been edited by Ace (edited 03 May 2000).]
Old 3 May 2000, 08:12 (Ref:570)   #14
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Ace !
Poor Button is ur next tool to drive home the Anti-Schumi posts ?
Kinda sad.

Well like Crash-test mentioned earlier....u should be comparing Butt's debut with that of Jacques' to be "Frank" !

Please leave Jenson alone and let him race into the hall of fame if he can.
Old 3 May 2000, 21:59 (Ref:571)   #15
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The nuts 'n' bolts of it are this...

You don't go from FFord to F1 in 2 years without being something special.

As Fatbloke says the real answer to the question is "not yet" but given the encouragement, the chance to develop and the machinery, then I reckon Britain has found its next hero

By the time that happens I don't think TGF will be his main problem, that will fall to a chappie named Pizzonia
Old 3 May 2000, 22:43 (Ref:572)   #16
@ngel
Rookie

@ngel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIKB, It is not that difficult to come from FF2000 to F1 very quick and then destroy your career (ask Manugsen how he feels).

What I foreseen now is to become very popular to promote young kids into F1 cars, so Burtis, Pizzonias, Tomas Scheckters, will overpass some F3000 with more international experience and tittles (Haberfield, Bernoldi, Vas,...)
Old 4 May 2000, 09:14 (Ref:573)   #17
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe you should have asked us if he was as good as trulli, fisi, or Ralf. To attempt to compare him to one of the greatest all time is ridiculous. Hero's come and go every couple of years, Legends stay for ever. Even the harshest critic of M Schumi will acknowledge his one of the greatest of all time and to put a 20 yr old alongside him is an insult to MS. If in 10 yrs he has scored 40 victories, then you can start talking.
Old 5 May 2000, 00:32 (Ref:574)   #18
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering the recent statements of his very disapproving boss vis-a-vis his entourage and PR machinery taking his focus away from his racing - and the christening of him as "Hype Spice" the newest Spice Girl - I would say that Baby Button had better stop trying to be a Personality and concentrate on his racing until he is sure he has a ride for next year. He will look awfully foolish standing there with his scheduler full of personal appearances and some bloke named Montoya winning races in the Williams 2Car ....
Old 5 May 2000, 07:07 (Ref:575)   #19
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not so sure about the Montoya factor.

I should think that both he and Dario must be getting at bit edgy at the sudden interest in young drivers from the F1 world and all of a sudden the USA seems a hell of a long way away.

BMW love Jenson and I am sure will exercise their considerable financial muscle within Williams to make sure he stays. Sure JPM is fast but how many cars do BMW sell in Columbia ?

As for Dario its all going wrong for him this year and with JYS no longer at the helm at Jag a seat there is probably not as strong a poss as it might have been.

Young drivers are cheap. When they are cheap and fast - you have to take a good look. When they are cheap,fast and reliable - the 'old -timers' need to look for work fast !!!!

Montoya might have stayed in the USA a year too long....Also with Button, Williams know how good he is and will be unlikely to want him to drive for another team and compete against them.
Old 6 May 2000, 10:30 (Ref:576)   #20
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To much of this talk is going on. IT has gone straight to Jensons head. You can tell the image he is starting up now Frank sees it and so do I.

Jacques is the best driver in F1 ever. Someone (me maybe) made teh same points in a Jacques vs Ms post a while a go. Jacques is still yet to rach his full potential expect great things.

Isn't reading text updates of Qualyfying online cool you can see what is happening 30 mins to final qualyfying starts, you people all get to watch it on T.V u is all lucky.
Old 6 May 2000, 23:33 (Ref:577)   #21
Ross
Rookie

Ross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better than Schumi??? NO...Not yet

However Pizzonia I think, from seeing them both race, if given as good a chance as JB will surpass him.

Good luck to JB & DC in the Spanish GP.
Old 27 Dec 2008, 12:00 (Ref:2361443)   #22
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
No.
Old 27 Dec 2008, 12:28 (Ref:2361454)   #23
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no .....but maybe at tiddley winks!!!!!
Old 27 Dec 2008, 12:53 (Ref:2361463)   #24
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Button has been very badly advised in the past to be honest
I am sure he could have got in at one of the better teams at one time, but sadly now he will be like a Fisichella or Barrichello or Trulli, decent but not that good.

I rate the guy but if he was going to deliver he wold have done by now!!
Old 27 Dec 2008, 14:08 (Ref:2361475)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I take it the OP was being tongue in cheek?

That aside, it is sad to see how Button is faring almost nine (nine!) years on. Definite waste of talent.
Closed Thread