Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 25 Jul 2001, 04:07 (Ref:121400)   #1
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A 3 horse race?

It's looks like the final stretch may be turning into a "3 horse race." With Jarrett and Gordon equal and Rudd only 28 pts behind, they have stretched out a 246 pt lead over Stewart. The top 3 have been quite consistant, and I wonder if anyone can catch them at this point. Of course, anything's possible but it would probably take a major change in fortune for someone else to break into the top pack.

How do you pick a winner from the top 3? I predict .... a close contest!
Old 25 Jul 2001, 08:12 (Ref:121444)   #2
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Looks to be a great Championship hunt. It kind of reminds me of the 1996 season when teammates Jeff Gordon and Terry Labonte were battling it out for the championship with Dale Jarrett. The 1996 season was one of my favorites. I hope this one lives up to our expectations. So far it has been arguably one of the best seasons ever and surely would rank up there in many minds had Dale Earnhardt not been killed.
Old 25 Jul 2001, 10:10 (Ref:121478)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
this is only my 3rd season of following nascar closely , and it is only tony stewarts 3rd full season aswell (11 wins). tony is my favorite driver and i still hold out hope that he could become winston cup champion of 2001

i would be very surprised if ricky rudd won - though he has been very consisent. i think that dale jarrett may have edge over jeff gordon .....i just feel that jeff is likely to have that 38th place finish in a race and lose valuable championship points....
Old 26 Jul 2001, 00:58 (Ref:121888)   #4
Preacher
Rookie

Preacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am excited, too. It seems like the past several years have not been close at all. I think it is still too early to count out totally Stewart, maybe Rusty and Marlin. But by and large, I think it will be a three-car race to the finish. And it looks like all 3 are focused and "on a roll." I'm partial to Gordon, but I think DJ and Rudd are going to be tough to beat.
Old 28 Jul 2001, 00:54 (Ref:122813)   #5
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's going to be one heck of a dogfight. I'd like to see Rudd pull it off, if for no other reason than he, among the three, has not ever won a championship. Looking forward to this last half of the season!
Old 28 Jul 2001, 09:01 (Ref:122900)   #6
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jarrett will win the title.

Though I hope it will be Tony Stewart.