Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Aug 2011, 18:18 (Ref:2942629)   #26
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Whats their plan then . Contesting the remaining rounds of the LMS & possibily PLM .

Whats happening next year . Possibily a new design from Pescarolo , or is the Pesca just weighing up options for 2012 ?
Old 18 Aug 2011, 21:25 (Ref:2942709)   #27
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
19dodge said they'd have a chassis begining with "O", this is an OAK chassis.
I don't know, he also said there would be another superstar driver in addition to Stefan. Maybe it's a different rumor.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 00:15 (Ref:2942751)   #28
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark Patterson will be the third driver at Petit Le Mans I believe.
There is an advertisement in this week's Autosport for offers around 250K Euros for each of the United Autosports Audi R8 LMS so they might be planning a switch to the McLaren MP4-12C to run next year in the FIA GT3 and assorted 24 hour races. Just speculation of course!

Last edited by cbbrit; 19 Aug 2011 at 00:16. Reason: Added the first paragraph.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 01:45 (Ref:2942765)   #29
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
Mark Patterson will be the third driver at Petit Le Mans I believe.
There is an advertisement in this week's Autosport for offers around 250K Euros for each of the United Autosports Audi R8 LMS so they might be planning a switch to the McLaren MP4-12C to run next year in the FIA GT3 and assorted 24 hour races. Just speculation of course!
If they switch to a new GT3-spec car for next year, they'd likely run it in Blancpain, not FIA GT3...
Old 19 Aug 2011, 01:48 (Ref:2942767)   #30
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
A Pescarolo? Didnt think of that. Good luck to them. They might possibly be selling the Audis to free up funds for the LMP programme.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 15:35 (Ref:2942981)   #31
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It has been made official now. Link.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 15:43 (Ref:2942985)   #32
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It has been made official now.
It'll be great to see them at Petit, but I'm guessing they won't challenge Signatech and Level 5. We'll see though. It's a long race so anything can happen, but I'm guessing things will be cleaner than Sebring. Level 5 may still have teething problems with the HPDs, but we will see.
Old 20 Aug 2011, 19:42 (Ref:2943401)   #33
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Hope they have better luck in setting up the chassis , than they had with a good driver last year .

Ok , he didnt know the track , Johansson knows the track and I hope gets a handle on the chassis fist .
Old 7 Oct 2011, 20:54 (Ref:2967324)   #34
AGD
Veteran

Dagys has some interesting stuff about United. They are hoping to do the WEC eventually, but that is not their priority at the moment. Still, they want to go to Le Mans and they might put a Nissan engine into their leased OAK-Pescarolo if they get an invite. Maybe Sebring or another early season race will be entered if they get an invite. They would like to continue their collaboration with DAMS.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...12-lm24-debut/
Old 7 Oct 2011, 21:00 (Ref:2967327)   #35
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Dagys has some interesting stuff about United. They are hoping to do the WEC eventually, but that is not their priority at the moment. Still, they want to go to Le Mans and they might put a Nissan engine into their leased OAK-Pescarolo if they get an invite. Maybe Sebring or another early season race will be entered if they get an invite. They would like to continue their collaboration with DAMS.

Perhaps with the right 'star' third driver they could sneak an entry?
Old 7 Oct 2011, 21:15 (Ref:2967335)   #36
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

I'm not sure how they are going to gain an entry at this point, unless the same car is entered in the balance of the WEC or ALMS, with someone else driving it. It seems very unlikely that one offs will be doing Sebring.
Old 7 Oct 2011, 21:39 (Ref:2967347)   #37
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Perhaps with the right 'star' third driver they could sneak an entry?
I'm guessing you're implying Brundle or Blundell. That might be enough. Don't the Brundles want to race together? I'm not sure how that would work if Patterson and Brown race, but we'll see. Putting David Hallyday as the primary driver would probably make the entry a lock, but let's not go there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I'm not sure how they are going to gain an entry at this point, unless the same car is entered in the balance of the WEC or ALMS, with someone else driving it. It seems very unlikely that one offs will be doing Sebring.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Maybe OAK can rent it out to others as you suggest, but I don't know. Of course, it probably would not be a problem if GTCs and LMPCs are kicked to the curb, but there is still confusion over that.
Old 8 Oct 2011, 09:12 (Ref:2967486)   #38
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'm guessing you're implying Brundle or Blundell. That might be enough. Don't the Brundles want to race together? I'm not sure how that would work if Patterson and Brown race, but we'll see. Putting David Hallyday as the primary driver would probably make the entry a lock, but let's not go there!
Not necessarily Brundle and Blundell. I'm eagerly awaiting what the Brundle's come up with for next season. I would assume that UA's have some good connections and if they do get an entry and get bitten by the bug - I can see them maybe even coming back with two cars and throwing their weight behind the WEC.