Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 17 Aug 2003, 00:31 (Ref:690037)   #26
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i've used the 50mm bit quite frequently when taking pictures of cars due to their close proximity.

some of us can't afford anything else, so we get something that covers all our needs. it saves on piddling around changing lenses every 5 minutes too.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 11:52 (Ref:690282)   #27
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i understand that...but what you have to think of is what is my main need. if its to get tight on track action, under variable lighting conditions...then you have to look for a lens that fulfills that need. you can cut corners with shorter lenses...but not on your main one.

i think you said earlier bella that the slowest film you could use in bright sunlight was 200...i'm guessing thats because of the aperture of your zoom? but what sort of shutter speeds are you talking about?

long manual nikon lenses are going quite cheap just now...thats why i suggested the 500mm f.4. i shot le mans one year with one of them...and a cheap 28-200(f4.5 i think)which i borrowed. the cheap zoom was good in the paddock as the light weight and the shutter speed were able to compensate for the aperture. the 500 is good because its a little lighter...and a whole world cheaper than an autofocus 400 or 600.