Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 1 Jun 2019, 00:26 (Ref:3907231)   #51
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Apparently according to what?
Good question. I just spent ages looking for it.

https://www.abendblatt.de/hamburg/ha...ue-Saison.html

Only 1 article mentioned cost of renting a chassis (mechanics not included, my mistake) and it was this.
Translated from German:
Quote:
For about 20,000 euros per race weekend teams have the opportunity to rent such a unit chassis.
Old 2 Jun 2019, 08:10 (Ref:3907465)   #52
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
Good question. I just spent ages looking for it.

https://www.abendblatt.de/hamburg/ha...ue-Saison.html

Only 1 article mentioned cost of renting a chassis (mechanics not included, my mistake) and it was this.
Translated from German:
Thanks for the info.

My god, Pucher said it would cost a fifth of what WRX costs but 20,000€ for one event feels excessive, especially since some of the drivers seems to get free rides.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 17:22 (Ref:3908108)   #53
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
I think the criticism towards Pucher is very unjust and for those who think he is just trying to make money out of it are totally deluded
I have the impression he's a true rx fan and don't think he will make money with this new series.

The only thing I don't understand is why he created a new silhouette class. Why did he not start a new series for supercars. A calender with 6 to 8 events on traditional rx tracks that are left in the cold by IMG.
Old 6 Jun 2019, 09:24 (Ref:3908239)   #54
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I have the impression he's a true rx fan and don't think he will make money with this new series.

The only thing I don't understand is why he created a new silhouette class. Why did he not start a new series for supercars. A calender with 6 to 8 events on traditional rx tracks that are left in the cold by IMG.
It had supercars to start with but then the lure of it being an FIA recognised championship came along and you cannot have two supercar championships, hence they were dropped for the one make RX6 cars.
Old 6 Jun 2019, 20:19 (Ref:3908347)   #55
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozi View Post
It had supercars to start with but then the lure of it being an FIA recognised championship came along and you cannot have two supercar championships, hence they were dropped for the one make RX6 cars.
Weren't Supercars dropped because of low entries?
Old 29 Jun 2019, 15:27 (Ref:3914793)   #56
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Apparently you can watch the entire series live on YouTube, at least today you could.

But I gotta say, the first round didnt look bright. Only 12 cars with some having issues, huge gaps in skill among drivers, small amount of spectators and only about a 100 watching the stream. No joker either.

You can really tell Pucher is running the series. Ari Vatanen was the expert commentator, like what the hell.
Old 29 Jun 2019, 22:02 (Ref:3914851)   #57
rallyloverke
Racer

rallyloverke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watched on YouTube. I don't have a good feeling about this series, even worser than what once was "Rallycross Challenge Europe".

First of all : pretending all the time on social media this is what rallycross should be, pretending being more professional than IMG

But : internet was not okay , you can check such things weeks ahead by going there and speak with organisers. Cars look all a bit odd … No decent support races. I guess the 50 live spectators over there must have had huge breaks. So plenty of time to drink and eat.

Hmmmmm …
Old 30 Jun 2019, 11:44 (Ref:3914909)   #58
MissClarrpz
Racer

They've all but fixed the Youtube stream now. The racing is actually quite good and the fact there wasn't a joker lap actually worked well.

Tom Brooks seemed to be holding the stream together even when everything else was falling apart. I actually cannot stand the "Inside Man" Luke James though.

Quote:
Only 12 cars with some having issues, huge gaps in skill among drivers, small amount of spectators and only about a 100 watching the stream.
12 cars for the opening weekend is okay for a series launched 8 months ago but hitting 16+ before season end is a must. Quite a few reliability issues is a shame. Only a few drivers are a bit off the pace which leaves nearly 10 to battle for the podium so they're sorted on drivers. Yeah like no viewers or spectators which is rubbish. No idea why.

I'm enjoying the racing and there is more overtaking than WRX. Their is no definition of "proper rallycross" but this is probably similar to rallycross in the past. I enjoy it but I want to keep WRX as well.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 13:03 (Ref:3914926)   #59
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
They've all but fixed the Youtube stream now. The racing is actually quite good and the fact there wasn't a joker lap actually worked well.

Tom Brooks seemed to be holding the stream together even when everything else was falling apart. I actually cannot stand the "Inside Man" Luke James though.

12 cars for the opening weekend is okay for a series launched 8 months ago but hitting 16+ before season end is a must. Quite a few reliability issues is a shame. Only a few drivers are a bit off the pace which leaves nearly 10 to battle for the podium so they're sorted on drivers. Yeah like no viewers or spectators which is rubbish. No idea why.

I'm enjoying the racing and there is more overtaking than WRX. Their is no definition of "proper rallycross" but this is probably similar to rallycross in the past. I enjoy it but I want to keep WRX as well.
Considering that only 15 cars were to be built for this season, its not really okay. 12 cars, with some having issues, is not great.

They arent driving for good times but for positions. So you have to overtake in order to get more points.

I saw that the subscriber count had nearly doubled, so there is some positive on that side at least.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 19:33 (Ref:3915164)   #60
J.U.
Racer

Germany
Hamburg
J.U. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some positive things first:

- some decent racing, good overtakes
- some very big names
- good track
- at least there is a Youtube stream

The negatives:

- the cars look like toys (they remind me a little of these ugly French Mitjet "touring cars", but the Pantera is even more ugly), the liveries make it even worse
- lots of issues with the Youtube stream
- the support series (Does it deserve to be called "support" with four or five cars?)
- the atmosphere (almost no spectators at the track)
- some strange rules (Why there are only 3 Qualifying sessions? The point system is also weird...)
Old 12 Jul 2019, 08:20 (Ref:3917104)   #61
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I saw a roadside advert for the Lydden round this morning - "Titans RX European Rallycross" I think anyone turning up expecting "European Rallycross" could well be disappointed! I'd be interested to see an entry list for this meeting.
Old 12 Jul 2019, 09:12 (Ref:3917120)   #62
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I saw a roadside advert for the Lydden round this morning - "Titans RX European Rallycross" I think anyone turning up expecting "European Rallycross" could well be disappointed! I'd be interested to see an entry list for this meeting.
Yeah, I am keen to see some entry numbers.
Old 12 Jul 2019, 14:52 (Ref:3917174)   #63
MissClarrpz
Racer

So far I make it only 13 Titans car with a possibility of another entry. There should be BRX Supercars, Retros and Junior Suzukis but no one's announced anything yet.

I'm going to watch the whole weekend so I hope to see more cars out there.
Old 23 Jul 2019, 08:33 (Ref:3918972)   #64
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Organisation/news seems very patchy thus far, but I think the following have been confirmed for Lydden:

Titans

Timmy Hansen
Kevin Hansen
Jerome Grosset-Janin
Toomas Heikkinen
Andrew Jordan
Perry McCarthy
Abbie Eaton
Oliver Webb

Supercars (Confirmed here and here):

Tristan Ovenden - Citroen DS3
Oliver Bennett - Ford Fiesta
Mark Donnelly - Citroen C4
Rene Munnich - Seat Ibiza
Mandie August - Seat Ibiza
Roger Thomas - Ford Fiesta
Steve Hill - Mitsubishi Evo X
Andy Grant - Ford Focus

Retros (Confirmed here):

Liam Doran - Ford RS200
Steve Harris - Ford RS200
Roger Thomas - MG Metro 6R4
David Halford - Audi quattro

Junior Swifts

?

Have I missed anyone? Not encouraging that we are days away from the event and there still seems to be a lot of uncertainty.
Old 23 Jul 2019, 12:22 (Ref:3919010)   #65
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about all the other drivers listed on the Titans website, such as Paddon, Wurz, Sarazin, etc? I thought they were permanent drivers at each event?
Old 23 Jul 2019, 13:58 (Ref:3919035)   #66
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
What about all the other drivers listed on the Titans website, such as Paddon, Wurz, Sarazin, etc? I thought they were permanent drivers at each event?
I assume they all are, but I would like to see an entry list to be certain!
Old 23 Jul 2019, 17:26 (Ref:3919051)   #67
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
I heard from a reliable friend that there were going to be 15 Titans at Lydden.
Old 23 Jul 2019, 22:15 (Ref:3919108)   #68
MissClarrpz
Racer

Quote:
I heard from a reliable friend that there were going to be 15 Titans at Lydden.
13 regular season entrants now (the Piquet/Wurz car is shared) plus Eaton and Webb. They'll be at least 15 as well in Portugal. The wiki page is up to date on the Titans series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post

Have I missed anyone? Not encouraging that we are days away from the event and there still seems to be a lot of uncertainty.
You've listed all the support category drivers I've seen. Lydden are the only ones publishing that info because Titans don't care much other than for the main event.
Old 24 Jul 2019, 07:35 (Ref:3919148)   #69
ahobson98
Rookie

ahobson98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry List

https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...E-22072019.pdf
Old 24 Jul 2019, 07:43 (Ref:3919149)   #70
MissClarrpz
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahobson98 View Post
Well that solves who's coming.
Was expecting Craig Breen instead of Dan Rooke. Nice to see that 40 cars are entered though.
Old 24 Jul 2019, 10:26 (Ref:3919159)   #71
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Well that solves who's coming.
Was expecting Craig Breen instead of Dan Rooke. Nice to see that 40 cars are entered though.
I guess Breen is busy preparing for Finland with Hyundai.

Actually pretty decent numbers. Pity they didn't push this entry a bit sooner, as I know a few people who were reluctant to commit to the weekend without an entry list.
Old 24 Jul 2019, 10:44 (Ref:3919160)   #72
Pozi
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Actually pretty decent numbers. Pity they didn't push this entry a bit sooner, as I know a few people who were reluctant to commit to the weekend without an entry list.
I was one of those people however with the Supercars, Retros and Swifts having their meeting split over two days (Q1-3 Saturday, Q4 Semi & Final Sunday) I still think there will be a lot of empty time to fill.
Old 24 Jul 2019, 10:50 (Ref:3919162)   #73
Pozi
Racer

Excuse the double post only I just found the timetable. I suppose starting at 11AM helps compress the event, it could be worth a weekend ticked but Sunday on its own looks very quiet.

Saturday
11:00 - Q1 Titans
11:30 - Q1 BritishRX Supercars
12:00 - Q2 Titans
12:30 - Q1 Junior Swifts
12:38 - Q1 RetroRX Group B
13:00 - Q3 Titans
14:40 - Q2 Junior Swifts
14:50 - Q2 BritishRX Supercars
15:05 - Q1 RetroRX 2WD
15:15 - Q2 RetroRX GroupB
16:00 - Semi 1+2 Titans
16:30 - Q3 BritishRX Supercars
16:45 - FINAL Titans
17:00 - Q3 RetroRX GroupB
17:08 - Q3 RetroRX 2WD
17:15 - Q3 BritishRX Supercars

Sunday
11:00 - Q1 Titans
11:30 - Q4 BritishRX Supercars
11:45 - Q4 RetroRX Group B
12:00 - Q2 Titans
12:30 - Q4 RetroRX 2WD
12:35 - Q4 Junior Swifts
13:00 - Q3 Titans
14:00 - SF1 & 2 BritishRX Supercars
14:15 - FINAL Junior Swifts
14:25 - FINAL RetroRX Group B
14:30 - FINAL RetroRX 2WD
15:00 - Semi 1+2 Titans
15:30 - FINAL BritishRX Supercars
15:45 - FINAL Titans
Old 24 Jul 2019, 11:11 (Ref:3919164)   #74
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozi View Post
Excuse the double post only I just found the timetable. I suppose starting at 11AM helps compress the event, it could be worth a weekend ticked but Sunday on its own looks very quiet.
Thanks for that Pozi. I was expecting a late start on Sunday (due to the Lydden noise restrictions), but that's a real pain about Saturday: I have to leave early and I was hoping to get to see all the racing before setting off!
Old 24 Jul 2019, 12:51 (Ref:3919186)   #75
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd imagine that there will be practice on Saturday morning starting at around 9, so looks like a full day (though not sure how accurate that timetable is as there seems to be two Q3s for British supercar on Saturday - maybe one of those is Q3 of the Swifts). Looks to be 27 races Saturday and 23 on Sunday. Not amazing but a lot better than expected. Saturday night rain a but too!