Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Jul 2019, 20:24 (Ref:3916583)   #26
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
W2Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if Matt Neal was reprimanded for suggesting that Catsburg took out Guerrieri on purpose to help his teamate. I like Matt as a commentator to be honest, but I think it is unfair to suggest that, in reality you can see Catsburg knew his best chance to make positions was lap one and he got a nice run to the outside, at the same time MA made it three wide on the inside on a narrow section of track. It was a racing incident nothing more IMO. I think sometimes Matt lets his Honda bias show a bit!

Thanks,
Jeff.
Old 8 Jul 2019, 21:40 (Ref:3916589)   #27
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGasfuss View Post
I don't see any problems with Tiagos win, as he was there already very good in the past. Of course home crowds can give extra power.

Crowds don't give you 1 second from Saturday to Sunday
Old 9 Jul 2019, 07:59 (Ref:3916642)   #28
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Agree

But also Hyundai 'loosing' 1 second from Saturday to Sunday is suspicious.
Old 9 Jul 2019, 13:10 (Ref:3916689)   #29
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark0994 View Post
But also Hyundai 'loosing' 1 second from Saturday to Sunday is suspicious.

That is 'natural' sandbagging from Hyundai. FIA Compensation Weights are eating (or hitting) the championship credibility.
Old 9 Jul 2019, 16:38 (Ref:3916706)   #30
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...-title-charge/
"The change was that for the first time this year, the German Münnich Motorsport team and the Hong Kong KCMG squad began to share data, which saw a remarkable turnaround in performance on Sunday, with KCMG, whose drivers were both in the bottom three of the championship ahead of the weekend, locking out the front row of the grid, with Tiago Monteiro going on to take the victory."

At least the time was inside the car, as both Argentine drivers were able to be on top in every race.

I don't know exactly, what could be the reason, that JAS understands their own car not as good as Münnich did, but its not impossible.
Old 9 Jul 2019, 17:34 (Ref:3916712)   #31
Mogster
Rookie

Mogster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That is 'natural' sandbagging from Hyundai. FIA Compensation Weights are eating (or hitting) the championship credibility.
Yes, I enjoy the series but the BOP gaming does make it ridiculous.

The teams performance is all over the place. An example, the Audi teams seem to have one competitive car and one that runs at the back, presumably for BOP gaming purposes. Vernay and Vervish run near the front, Shedden and Langerfelt are dead last at times. There’s all sorts of weird sh*t going on.

I’d prefer success ballast, at least it’s obvious to a moderately informed viewer what’s happening.
Old 10 Jul 2019, 07:21 (Ref:3916785)   #32
smithhehehaha
Racer

smithhehehaha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
"The change was that for the first time this year, the German Münnich Motorsport team and the Hong Kong KCMG squad began to share data, which saw a remarkable turnaround in performance on Sunday, with KCMG, whose drivers were both in the bottom three of the championship ahead of the weekend, locking out the front row of the grid, with Tiago Monteiro going on to take the victory."

At least the time was inside the car, as both Argentine drivers were able to be on top in every race.

I don't know exactly, what could be the reason, that JAS understands their own car not as good as Münnich did, but its not impossible.
I would say people matters, a good car is not the only factor, but also on the quality drivers and team personnel.
Old 10 Jul 2019, 21:52 (Ref:3916925)   #33
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:

This is what we nowadays call fakenews. News is something somebody doesn't want printed; all else is advertising.
Old 12 Jul 2019, 10:21 (Ref:3917128)   #34
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
Quote:
This is what we nowadays call fakenews. News is something somebody doesn't want printed; all else is advertising.

Of course, you never know what people want you to know and why.

But in case of Honda i am pretty sure, that the speed was already in the car (Münnich showed it), maybe there was something which they changed better. And maybe Honda insisted now that the Münnich crew helped KCMG/JAS to have 3 cars helping Guerreri to win the title.
Old 12 Jul 2019, 18:15 (Ref:3917205)   #35
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
I'm not so sure there is any foul play going on here. It's not like someone took the Alpha's and swept a weekend with them or anything. It was a remarkable turnaround yes, but it's been clear since Morocco that the Honda's have pace this season, and it wouldn't be the most far-fetched idea to think Munnich and KCMG would have a chat or two about getting the rest of the Honda's up to speed.
Old 12 Jul 2019, 20:43 (Ref:3917233)   #36
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2Motorsport View Post
It's not like someone took the Alpha's and swept a weekend with them or anything.

In fact it was more or less like that. Sunday, glory Sunday!
Old 17 Jul 2019, 17:14 (Ref:3918208)   #37
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
In fact it was more or less like that. Sunday, glory Sunday!
Yes, taking the same car (Honda Civic) that is currently leading the points championship, and winning one race in a three race weekend with it is the same as taking the perpetually off the pace Alfa and sweeping a three race weekend. Understood.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 18:15 (Ref:3918214)   #38
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2Motorsport View Post
it is the same as taking the perpetually off the pace Alfa and sweeping a three race weekend. Understood.

The Alfa Romeo is so perpetually off the pace that Alfa Romeo driver Ma went on the podium. Huh!?!
Old 18 Jul 2019, 11:11 (Ref:3918320)   #39
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithhehehaha View Post
I would say people matters, a good car is not the only factor, but also on the quality drivers and team personnel.

We can't say, that Monteiro or Tassi are badder drivers than Guerreri or Girolami. There must be something inside the approach of the team...
Old 18 Jul 2019, 19:53 (Ref:3918392)   #40
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
The Alfa Romeo is so perpetually off the pace that Alfa Romeo driver Ma went on the podium. Huh!?!
One of strikingly few for the Alpha --

Just based on the standings -
The first Honda on the standings appears in 1st
The first Hyundai appears 2nd
The first Lynk and Co appears 3rd
The first Cupra in 5th
The first AUDI in 8th
The first VW in 13th (even after throwing away the first part of the season testing the new ECU)
The first Alfa in 14th

It is clear that the Alpha is the car that is least competitive in WTCR at this point. It is very rarely out front, and more often than not Ma is overachieving. It would be very surprising if they showed up and swept a weekend, much, much, much more so than the same manufacturer who is leading points winning a race. You are saying that is the same? I disagree.
Old 18 Jul 2019, 20:00 (Ref:3918393)   #41
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
We can't say, that Monteiro or Tassi are badder drivers than Guerreri or Girolami. There must be something inside the approach of the team...
I would say at this point in their respective career(s) Monteiro and Tassi are not at the level of Guerreri and Girolami, however the difference in driving skill is nowhere near as dramatic as the difference in performance between those teams. There are 10-15 drivers whom I would say Monteiro is more talented than who are running WTCR.

I'm not an expert of course that is just my opinion. KCMG has been underachieving all season, to expect them to take the same car that is leading the points and race at the back all season is lunacy, eventually they were going to get it figured out. I'm not sure why there are so many people thinking that something sinister occurred to bring them their first win.
Old 27 Sep 2019, 16:03 (Ref:3930438)   #42
GM10
Veteran

Italy
Mantua
GM10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...ul-fia-appeal/

Seems that the FIA violated its same regulations. Nice.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3931119)   #43
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post

Seems that the FIA violated its same regulations. Nice.
Yes, FIA did it again! Every time I think FIA have reached the limits of arrogance, they show me new heights.