Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 May 2020, 10:26 (Ref:3976082)   #401
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
So, is Vettel going to end up at Renault to square the circle or is he retiring?
Old 14 May 2020, 10:27 (Ref:3976083)   #402
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
So, is Vettel going to end up at Renault to square the circle or is he retiring?
I'm going with retiring. There's nothing he can achieve at Renault.

When I say retiring, I mean going racing elsewhere.
Old 14 May 2020, 10:37 (Ref:3976088)   #403
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
So Ricciardo leaving Renault. Pretty much confirms him at McLaren.
Look back an hour from your post.
Old 14 May 2020, 10:38 (Ref:3976090)   #404
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Taking it well at Renault, then.

Sainz confirmed at Ferrari too. Silly season was short and sweet!
Ach! They could have strung it out a bit longer??

We didn't even get to mull over a dramatic return for our old mate 😃

Although it's much more likely we'll be discussing his son, another Seb in a few years
Old 14 May 2020, 10:39 (Ref:3976091)   #405
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'm going with retiring. There's nothing he can achieve at Renault.

When I say retiring, I mean going racing elsewhere.
Yes I think so too. If he didn't have the stomach for another year or more at Maranello, how would Enstone compensate?
Old 14 May 2020, 10:44 (Ref:3976095)   #406
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I didn't think Ricciardo would exit the Renault 'project' so soon, but then time is running out for him.

He was waiting on the 2021 rules, which I guess is out the window and who knows if Renault will stick around now?
I never thought he looked particularly comfortable at Renault.
Old 14 May 2020, 10:48 (Ref:3976096)   #407
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I never thought he looked particularly comfortable at Renault.
I think it must've been a case that Enstone was his only available escape from RB and the Max factor?
Old 14 May 2020, 11:00 (Ref:3976099)   #408
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
McLaren will be the giggliest team with Norris and Ricciardo together. Press conferences will be a hoot.
Old 14 May 2020, 11:09 (Ref:3976109)   #409
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
McLaren will be the giggliest team with Norris and Ricciardo together. Press conferences will be a hoot.

Was thinking exactly the same thing. It will be a lot easier to get through the hard times than it was with Fernando with no disrespect to Fred.
Old 14 May 2020, 11:38 (Ref:3976118)   #410
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Ach! They could have strung it out a bit longer??

We didn't even get to mull over a dramatic return for our old mate ��

Although it's much more likely we'll be discussing his son, another Seb in a few years
Yes! One for silly season 2026 or something.

Horrifying to think we are that close to such a possibility. Where has time gone?
Old 14 May 2020, 12:59 (Ref:3976131)   #411
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes I think so too. If he didn't have the stomach for another year or more at Maranello, how would Enstone compensate?
With money

I was thinking retiring/leaving F1 for Seb but he did win his titles with Renault power.

And now i find myself daydreaming of a vettee/fernando paring at Renault for 2021.

That would be silly
Old 14 May 2020, 13:24 (Ref:3976137)   #412
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Marko has said they can’t afford Seb. So that’s a return to RBR out of the question. Renault could happen, as has been said he’s won with Renault power and could help get them back up there. Question is, how much he wants to do that? Could end up at Haas with Ferrari power, that would be interesting. I’m sure Haas would benefit a lot from his experience and winning. Or maybe he will replace Kimi at Alfa. I’m only speculating here, so don’t quote me on any of this!
Old 14 May 2020, 13:36 (Ref:3976140)   #413
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Marko has said they can’t afford Seb. So that’s a return to RBR out of the question.
mmm, that entire conversation seemed like an opening negotiation tactic. he never said anything about the b team...
Old 14 May 2020, 13:53 (Ref:3976148)   #414
S griffin
Veteran

Would he really fit at Alpha Tauri though? It’s still for the young(er) drivers
Old 14 May 2020, 14:08 (Ref:3976154)   #415
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah, that's what i thought too, particularly with the new branding. vettel is actually still pretty young though, so it's not completely out of the question but it's definitely a long shot.
Old 14 May 2020, 14:15 (Ref:3976159)   #416
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I’m sure Haas would benefit a lot from his experience and winning.
i know just said speculatively...but how good would the 2021 season of Netflix's Drive to Survive be with Steiner and Vettel going at each other?

i feel like both are absolute experts in the use of bad language
Old 14 May 2020, 14:26 (Ref:3976162)   #417
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
yeah, that's what i thought too, particularly with the new branding. vettel is actually still pretty young though, so it's not completely out of the question but it's definitely a long shot.
Vettel is 32 and Gasly and Kvyat are 24 and 26 respectively. Would Vettel really fit in with their driver programme? It might also seem a little retrograde/awkward having a driver who won 4 consecutive WDCs with the senior team, joining the junior team.
Old 14 May 2020, 14:41 (Ref:3976166)   #418
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
So question of the day is who goes to Renault to partner with Ocon? Hulk?
Old 14 May 2020, 15:11 (Ref:3976171)   #419
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
So question of the day is who goes to Renault to partner with Ocon? Hulk?
Whoever is willing to take the money to be thrown under the bus by Cyril Fullofshit at the end of the season.
Old 14 May 2020, 15:15 (Ref:3976173)   #420
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Whoever is willing to take the money to be thrown under the bus by Cyril Fullofshit at the end of the season.

true story!
Old 14 May 2020, 15:35 (Ref:3976180)   #421
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Alonso might bring a few of Kimoa stickers 😉

He's the one being most strongly 'vined' today at least.

Same question applies as with Vettel though. Would he have the desire to be in F1 in anything less than a competitive car?
Old 14 May 2020, 19:43 (Ref:3976230)   #422
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
sigh...I'll go get my helmet.

Quote:
Alonso might bring a few of Kimoa stickers ��

He's the one being most strongly 'vined' today at least.

Same question applies as with Vettel though. Would he have the desire to be in F1 in anything less than a competitive car?
I know it's been said it wasn't about the money, but if Vettel and Ferrari (a wealthy team with a top car) couldn't come to a deal, how will less wealthy mid-field teams find a deal with Vettel? I feel like he's about to sit the next one out, and then probably more after that.
Old 14 May 2020, 20:24 (Ref:3976236)   #423
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettel strikes me as the F1 or nothing guy. Don't see him headed anywhere other than in to the sunset. Some drivers talk about other cars and have public comments about other classes. Seb seems to be an F1 and peak of racing guy. But maybe I'm wrong there.

What does Ric to McLaren do George Russell? There isn't really a space for him to move up any time soon. MB seems high on him and they can't want him suffering in the Williams for another year. Force Racing Martin seems like another step up but would there be a seat there any time soon? Would the owner's kid take a seat somewhere else in racing to let MB place a driver? Perez is under contract through 22 I think so that would seem to rule his seat out. Or would MB bring GR all the way up to the big team and replace Bottas, depending on his contract? Would Bottas then take up a spot at Renault if MB could let him go? It will make the year interesting, plus any team that may not make it to 2021.
Old 14 May 2020, 23:53 (Ref:3976274)   #424
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
LeClerc's frustrations will rise if he can't win a world championship just as Alonso's and Vettel's did and he will then suffer the fate of those drivers when he leaves Ferari to join another team. He is obviously a man in a hurry much like Alonso was and thinks the championship should be his by default. A lot of young drivers who think this way finish up not doing well. I would put Verstappen in the same boat, no WDC and he will not be a happy camper and one of them is going to lose.

Very odd take.
Old 15 May 2020, 00:30 (Ref:3976279)   #425
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Probably right - or Renault might draft in one of their junior program dudes.

Must say that the Netflix program has provided really interesting insight into the different teams. We clearly don't see everything but out of them all, Cyril Abitofbullsh looks to be by far the least impressive. I'm conscious of course that English is his second language so sometimes he's going to be somewhat awkward but still..........

Must say that if I was on the team, his constant need to tell everyone "remember to 'ave fun" at race meetings and on the grid would annoy and it paints him as something of a square peg in a round hole - doesn't quite fit with the team and the ethos of F1.