Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 6 Jul 2004, 10:44 (Ref:1027870)   #1
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
BTRDA Rallycross @ Lydden 11th July

Does anybody know what the entry list is looking like for Sunday? I've heard the 50ish cars figure mentioned - hoe does this break down into classes? Any of our 10-tenths drivers going to be there?
Old 6 Jul 2004, 11:38 (Ref:1027919)   #2
Gnomex
Veteran

Gnomex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: BTRDA Rallycross @ Lydden 11th July

Quote:
Originally posted by BertMk2
Does anybody know what the entry list is looking like for Sunday? I've heard the 50ish cars figure mentioned - hoe does this break down into classes? Any of our 10-tenths drivers going to be there?
As you know I'm a person in orange but as you can see from the thread I started elsewhere I will certainly be there.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 17:26 (Ref:1028278)   #3
RoyG
Racer

RoyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll certainly be there!!

Along with -

Modified
Jamie Hickman
Mark Williams
Phil Collard
Nick Chandler
Iain Muir
Bill Harbour
Barry Stewart
Allan Tapscott
Paul Buckmaster

Stock Hatch
Roy Gravestock (Old Git!)
Paul Pascoe
Phil Chicken
Chris Langley
Beccy Holland
Ian Thorndyke
David Ewin
Julian Godfrey
Paul Brandon
Mike Jones
Andrew Barker
Rodney Green
Bob Ward
Steven Pascoe
Simon White
Rob Carr
Robert Blake

Minicross
Nigel Blanks
David Brown
Scott Lawson
Phil Sharpe
Rod Stanniland
Dan Balster
Peter King
Richard Wakeling
Brian Wade
Ken Moss
Sam Clark
Matt Roach
Neil Wade

Junior
Becki Johnson
Thomas Edwardes
Lewis Hopkins
Robert Gafney
Andrew Jordan

See ya there!

RoyG
Old 7 Jul 2004, 07:37 (Ref:1028849)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Roy - thanks for that, looks like it should be a good afternoons racing
Old 7 Jul 2004, 11:11 (Ref:1029067)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
I haven't seen Jamie Hickman on an entry list for quite a while, good to see another driver coming back out to play - I assume that he's still running the ex Trevor Stretch Corsa? (speaking of Trevor Stretch does anybody know if he's started work on the rumoured modified RX8?)
Old 7 Jul 2004, 20:53 (Ref:1029608)   #6
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of the minicross racers are also out on the sprint on Saturday morning. Looking forward to a good couple of days down at Lydden.

I understand there maybe a few more drivers coming in, certainly another junior and maybe another modified. But sadly, Alan Tapscott has scratched.
Old 8 Jul 2004, 07:45 (Ref:1029901)   #7
Gnomex
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Upside Down Bug
Some of the minicross racers are also out on the sprint on Saturday morning. Looking forward to a good couple of days down at Lydden.

I understand there maybe a few more drivers coming in, certainly another junior and maybe another modified. But sadly, Alan Tapscott has scratched.
UDB - do you think any of the Minicrossers are up for the race meeting on Saturday afternoon as well? There were a couple in the previous SEMSEC race meeting. Forgotten who they were though. Damm, it must be my age, I think I'm loosing my ....sorry, forgotten what I was going to say. Mummy, why are these nice men putting this white jacket on me back to front? Mummy, mummy, why are the men doing up these straps on the back of the jacket?
Old 8 Jul 2004, 07:54 (Ref:1029908)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
The minicrossers out at the last SEMSEC meeting were there as part of the 'all rounders' championship I think - I doubt they'd race if there were no points at stake (always worth asking them though). If I remember correctly the rivers were Tristam Barden, Danny Budd, Ralph Budd and .... errrr..... someone else (another canididate for the straight jacket I think).
Old 8 Jul 2004, 13:17 (Ref:1030256)   #9
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunatelly neither myself or ric horton can make it to lydden this weekend, but we will be racing at all the remaining btrda events this year.

I hope the weekend goes off without any problem. Please check my site next week as some pictures should will be taken and upload by my sponsor steve @ www.luno.net

Si Horton

www.hortonracing.co.uk
Old 8 Jul 2004, 16:51 (Ref:1030442)   #10
bucko
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
bucko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ill be there too just hope it don,t bloody rain was in whitstable today (thursday) some good old thundery showers , still maybe the bowser wont be needed hope its not flooded though, phil collard is looking good still ,,,, phil mines a chicken leg !!!!!
Old 8 Jul 2004, 20:51 (Ref:1030656)   #11
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry for the rain bucko, I've been doing my rain dance again. Maybe Queen is not the only one with magical powers.
Old 9 Jul 2004, 07:37 (Ref:1031016)   #12
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
The weather forecast for Lydden is showers Saturday but dry Sunday - although how accurate that'll be I don't know
Old 9 Jul 2004, 16:14 (Ref:1031489)   #13
bucko
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
dry please got no wet cuts yet ..... surpose i could wittle some with a pen knife or a fork
Old 10 Jul 2004, 19:35 (Ref:1032606)   #14
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
There was some work being done to both loose sections today so hopefully that'll have solved the rutting problems from the last meeting - the showers should help keep the dust down too. A good days racing today - hopefully the same tomorrow.
Old 10 Jul 2004, 21:05 (Ref:1032645)   #15
RoyG
Racer

See you all tomorrow, guys.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 07:32 (Ref:1033766)   #16
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Some good action on track yesterday - the modifieds were suffering a bit towards the end though, what happened to the cars? Bill Harbours diff failed but what happened to your car Bucko? (Saw it smoking a lot) We lost Jamie Hickman, Phil Collard and Mark Williams too - a bad day for reliability.

How lucky was Richard Wakeling? Big impact with the tyre wall (for the second time) - the car bounces back onto the track and he just restarts it and carries on as if nothing happened!
Old 12 Jul 2004, 08:26 (Ref:1033802)   #17
73_Gstock
Racer

United States
Iowa, lovely Iowa
73_Gstock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys and Gals,
Thanks for an interesting day at Lydden yesterday. It was my first live rallycross experience and it was an absolute hoot!

It was a well run event and the drivers (mostly) behaved very well.

In case you're wondering, I was the bloke with white pants on the bank at post 1 near race control.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 09:06 (Ref:1033844)   #18
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Glad you enjoyed it! Just a shame there weren't any of the supercars about yesterday - those cars are so impressive (especially off the line).

Also it was good to see the jump start beams being thoroughly tested! Mr Pascoe did a good job of clearing them out (twice!) but they kept on working. Still it gave you something extra to do down there Gnomex.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 09:27 (Ref:1033858)   #19
bucko
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
any one know where i can buy some good luck .... i blew another piston for the 2nd meeting in a row ....
phils accerlarater cable busted ,,, how gutting is that . still i did see him smile after.. as for sat night in the scrutineer bay never laughed so much ... now where is that bin gone !!!!
Old 12 Jul 2004, 09:41 (Ref:1033870)   #20
Gnomex
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by 73_Gstock
Guys and Gals,
Thanks for an interesting day at Lydden yesterday. It was my first live rallycross experience and it was an absolute hoot!

It was a well run event and the drivers (mostly) behaved very well.

In case you're wondering, I was the bloke with white pants on the bank at post 1 near race control.
There are stories of a promoter wanting to take rallycross over to your side of the pond - if so get yourself in there double quick! I reckon once you chaps in the USA get a taste of rallycross it'll become a bit hit. All that full-on action, thrills and spills. Who'd want to watch a red car droning round and round after that??

You got thrown in at the deep end at the meeting so mega thanks are in order for rising to the challenge (exceedingly so!).
Old 12 Jul 2004, 10:26 (Ref:1033929)   #21
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally posted by bucko
any one know where i can buy some good luck .... i blew another piston for the 2nd meeting in a row ....
phils accerlarater cable busted ,,, how gutting is that . still i did see him smile after.. as for sat night in the scrutineer bay never laughed so much ... now where is that bin gone !!!!
Ouch - luck certainly isn't on your side at the moment is it? On the up side the car looks really good in that new paint scheme (like the tortoise!).

Phil must be really hacked off too - the Ka was looking really impressive all day and seemed to have the measure of the field.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 16:36 (Ref:1034396)   #22
bucko
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
i know phil is looking to change his gearbox his car handled well all day and it kept all 4 wheels but also got to say the porsche seamed to be going the best i scene in a long time (forgot his name i know its sue jeffery b/f is it Barry !!), got to say was an excellant run meeting well done to all and those in orange and white pants . mark williams had a incident on the track with porsche shunting him at the rear was to dusty for me to see properly from behind. would you believe it managed to lock the box and the drive wheels , all that way from usa for that to happen . hope your still smiling mark .good to see dave davies helping mark .
Old 12 Jul 2004, 18:30 (Ref:1034504)   #23
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Barrie Stewart had definitely found a bit extra with the Porsche, in the winter series the Ka seemed to have a bigger margin over the Porsche. The Porsche seemed to be involved in all the incidents - it was the Porsche that collided with Ian Muirs Corsa in the second heats, not sure how much a new bumper is for the Porsche but it definitely needs a new one!

At least Phil managed to keep the wheels nailed to the car this time, a bit more successful than his last trip out at Lydden. More bad luck for Mark Williams though, I think just about all of the modified drivers had trouble of some sort although maybe Nick Chandler escaped that fate with the Fiesta (which makes a change - I think his engine let go in practice at the winter round at Lydden)
Old 12 Jul 2004, 21:00 (Ref:1034680)   #24
RoyG
Racer

Thanks to all concerned for a good, fun meeting. Hopefully TWMC will be encouraged to run more Rallycross events.