Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 11 Aug 2017, 13:16 (Ref:3758822)   #26
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
It'll be tear away.

So, we are in this funky weather pattern again (at least in the Athens area- I know it's different 40 miles away) where we are wet for about 1.5 weeks and then dry for 3. Do we expect that to change?

joeb may have to bring one of those broke ass pumps from NOLA with him...
Lol, no I don't think I'll have room for that with all the other contraband. We are also in that weather pattern except without the dry part in the middle. We average 60" of rain a year in BR, last year we had 100 and so far this year I'm over 50.
Old 11 Aug 2017, 15:22 (Ref:3758832)   #27
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry, that's me doing a rain dance here every morning so we'll be ahead and it can stop in October. Cause you know were still deep in a drought. Decatur reminded us to only water on the designated days and time or you could be fined, as if anything in the garden has needed more water
Old 11 Aug 2017, 16:05 (Ref:3758843)   #28
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Advice on racing flag poles, gents? It's time...

Bigger the better for poles or so I've been told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Sorry, that's me doing a rain dance here every morning so we'll be ahead and it can stop in October. Cause you know were still deep in a drought. Decatur reminded us to only water on the designated days and time or you could be fined, as if anything in the garden has needed more water
Take this map to them and shove it you know where:

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home/S...onitor.aspx?GA

Over since June.

And we wouldn't have too much of a problem if people didn't water their grass when it's raining like I saw yesterday or think Bermuda needs water every other day.....

And speak of the devil, raining again.
Old 11 Aug 2017, 17:46 (Ref:3758862)   #29
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Advice on racing flag poles, gents? It's time...

Bigger the better for poles or so I've been told.
Oh crap, the world will be ending this year. I'm trying to get an ESM flag from them, no reply yet to 3 emails over the last month but I may get a second taller as well. And maybe a VT flag to add to the mix.
Old 11 Aug 2017, 20:34 (Ref:3758907)   #30
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Oh crap, the world will be ending this year. I'm trying to get an ESM flag from them, no reply yet to 3 emails over the last month but I may get a second taller as well. And maybe a VT flag to add to the mix.
An esm flag or a patron flag? If I recall the last couple of years, flag poles didn't even go up until Friday.
Old 11 Aug 2017, 21:09 (Ref:3758909)   #31
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whoa. Flagpoles are pricey. Think I'll strap a 30 ft stick of conduit to the top of the car.
Old 12 Aug 2017, 20:45 (Ref:3759035)   #32
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Whoa. Flagpoles are pricey. Think I'll strap a 30 ft stick of conduit to the top of the car.
Yeah, and they've gone up since I got mine. Company I got it from was in Amazon but no longer and closest I found was over 100 last week so was still looking.

ESM racing but Patron would work too, tried to 'borrow' one last year at night practice and carried pliers in my pocket but apparently that was not an original idea on my part.
Old 14 Aug 2017, 02:27 (Ref:3759231)   #33
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
For anyone looking to add a canopy to their gear, Ace Hardware online has straight leg 10x10s on sale for almost half price until 8/31

https://m.acehardware.com/product/in...uctId=11196647
Old 23 Aug 2017, 03:18 (Ref:3761064)   #34
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I just found out I might be bringing my brother this year. He lives in Denver and hasn't been to Petit in 10 years. I was drunk last weekend and texted him to tell him he should come. I didn't think he would be able to on short notice, but he is checking to see if he can take work off!
Old 23 Aug 2017, 14:14 (Ref:3761187)   #35
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I just found out I might be bringing my brother this year. He lives in Denver and hasn't been to Petit in 10 years. I was drunk last weekend and texted him to tell him he should come. I didn't think he would be able to on short notice, but he is checking to see if he can take work off!
In an odd coincidence, I saw my brother this past weekend, and he mentioned he's going to try and come. If he does, we'll make sure he brings his "coffin" tent with him.

Did anyone get a picture of that last time?
Old 23 Aug 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3761200)   #36
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Quote:
In an odd coincidence, I saw my brother this past weekend, and he mentioned he's going to try and come. If he does, we'll make sure he brings his "coffin" tent with him.

Did anyone get a picture of that last time?
In another odd coincidence, I also got drunk last weekend. Golden Monkeys. Ever had them? They are STRONG!

Even stranger would have been calling or seeing my brother since I've never had one.

Anyway. I'll be at Petit as well. Likely just on Friday and Saturday and not spending the night, just driving back and forth from home both days.

Will be driving up to VIR at the crack of dawn this Sunday.
Old 23 Aug 2017, 16:06 (Ref:3761211)   #37
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
In another odd coincidence, I also got drunk last weekend. Golden Monkeys. Ever had them? They are STRONG!

Even stranger would have been calling or seeing my brother since I've never had one.

Anyway. I'll be at Petit as well. Likely just on Friday and Saturday and not spending the night, just driving back and forth from home both days.

Will be driving up to VIR at the crack of dawn this Sunday.
I like Belgium Style Tripels. Had Southern Prohibition Co's (plus a little bourbon on top) this past weekend camping with the family. 6 pack for 9. Not the best, but yeah, they'll knock you down.

North Coast Brewing has a good one, too:
http://www.northcoastbrewing.com/bee...le/?ao_confirm

Hope your G'ville brothers are heading down, too.

Enjoy VIR. Need to work that one out one day...
Old 25 Aug 2017, 13:37 (Ref:3761530)   #38
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I just found out you have a brother. I figured you as an only child.
Old 25 Aug 2017, 14:09 (Ref:3761535)   #39
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I just found out you have a brother. I figured you as an only child.
Lol, I'm pretty sure that is an insult. I have 2 sisters too!
Old 29 Aug 2017, 17:25 (Ref:3762703)   #40
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
The work at Road Atlanta continues, repaving the internal roads:

https://twitter.com/RoadAtlanta/stat...81096998678533
Old 29 Aug 2017, 17:59 (Ref:3762711)   #41
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
The work at Road Atlanta continues, repaving the internal roads:

https://twitter.com/RoadAtlanta/stat...81096998678533
Beat me to it. I saw it on FB. That's the backside of vendor village / top of the hill.
https://www.facebook.com/RoadAtlanta...type=3&theater

I'm divided. Great for getting heavy equipment / trucks in and out and nice when there's some precip but yet another paved portion of the earth to make things warmer (locally for sure).

EDIT: And that's PAVING. Not repaving. They can stop that. Build proper comfort stations, please.

JH - send a letter.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 29 Aug 2017 at 18:04.
Old 29 Aug 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3762750)   #42
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Beat me to it. I saw it on FB. That's the backside of vendor village / top of the hill.
https://www.facebook.com/RoadAtlanta...type=3&theater

I'm divided. Great for getting heavy equipment / trucks in and out and nice when there's some precip but yet another paved portion of the earth to make things warmer (locally for sure).

EDIT: And that's PAVING. Not repaving. They can stop that. Build proper comfort stations, please.

JH - send a letter.
At first glance I thought it was a repave of vendor village. Lots of bare dirt there.....
Old 29 Aug 2017, 20:29 (Ref:3762758)   #43
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear Road Atlanta,

All I want are shower trucks.

The End
Old 30 Aug 2017, 00:29 (Ref:3762804)   #44
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
Dear Road Atlanta,

All I want are shower trucks.

The End
Seems as though some of the comments Facepage mimic ours here: better facilities would be more desirable for your long time patrons.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 02:07 (Ref:3763325)   #45
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Road Atlanta posted this today. Looks awesome, minus the visit Florida sign.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3763518)   #46
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
love the flying Porsche GT1
Old 1 Sep 2017, 19:57 (Ref:3763526)   #47
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
love the flying Porsche GT1
Yeah. No flying BMW, tho. I was there for that one!
Old 8 Sep 2017, 22:37 (Ref:3765518)   #48
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not long to go now. Like at Sebring I'll be buying tickets at the gate- the RA website seems to use the same system as Sebring which doesn't allow non-US addresses.

Interesting to see the old Lanier speedway is just over the road. I see they run karting sessions now...may have a look
Old 9 Sep 2017, 00:34 (Ref:3765527)   #49
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Not long to go now. Like at Sebring I'll be buying tickets at the gate- the RA website seems to use the same system as Sebring which doesn't allow non-US addresses.

Interesting to see the old Lanier speedway is just over the road. I see they run karting sessions now...may have a look
A number of years ago Mazda did a demo of their vehicles on the old track at Lanier. So I have technically driven around it in a Speed 3. It was a blast it was my first time on banking.
Old 9 Sep 2017, 00:37 (Ref:3765531)   #50
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post

I believe they've also been doing some drift stuff there recently. Haven't looked to see but as joeb stated, they may be using it for more than parking.