Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 7 Oct 2002, 09:16 (Ref:397346)   #1
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Caterham Festival @ Brands

I would just like to say a big thank you to all the Caterham drivers from the festival. You provided us with some cracking racing over the three days not to mention all the wheel arches and mud guards that we had to pick up.
Old 7 Oct 2002, 09:36 (Ref:397359)   #2
jpc
Rookie

jpc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've never bothered to post anything before but must say that the Caterham festival was the best meeting I have seen for ages. Spent both days on post 6 and saw action throughout the field in all the races. Two great days. Maybe they could try and do FF festival with it - heats, semi-final, final etc. I know a Superlight would win but it would be entertaining to watch!!
Old 7 Oct 2002, 09:48 (Ref:397374)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I agree with everything you guys say! The ones that took my eye were the Graduate Class. In their last race a black and yellow flag was shown for an accident at Paddock Hill Bend. The leader slowed the field to around 40 mph and then moved to the left hand side of the track to allow the doctors car and rescue unit to reach the scene of the accident in a speedy manner. I can't ever remember seeing a race where the drivers were better behaved and obeyed the flag to the letter of the law. I was so impressed by their driving standards that I have this morning written to Simon Nearn, MD Caterham Cars, expressing my thanks.
Old 7 Oct 2002, 17:42 (Ref:397703)   #4
Barry Pomfret
Racer

Barry Pomfret should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We competed at Oulton on Saturday and then just for a change decided to go down to Brands to spectate on the Sunday. I can only agree with all the comments already made about the superb spectacle and close racing from the Caterham guys. It was close, exciting and clean dicing with lots and lots of overtaking.We saw more overtaking in one race than a whole season of F1! Brilliant days entertainment,hope they repeat it next year.
Old 8 Oct 2002, 07:06 (Ref:398107)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I heard they are thinking of making Brands Hatch the venue every year having tried a European circuit last year. This was the second Festival at Brands in the past three years so fingers crossed as it was damn fine racing.
Old 8 Oct 2002, 19:38 (Ref:398627)   #6
TheCaterhamRat
Rookie

TheCaterhamRat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at Brands and the racing was fantastic - does anyone know on the health of the two drivers involved in serious accidents?
Old 9 Oct 2002, 07:15 (Ref:398971)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
As far as I know the last one was ok but sent to hospital because he had lost conciousness at the time of the accident, so a precaution really.