Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 26 Oct 2018, 11:40 (Ref:3859263)   #276
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Yeah, Tanak seems perfectly placed to pull out on the leaders today and then have a bit of a margin to defend when they hit the full tarmac stages tomorrow.

Mikkelsen takes SS4, but Tanak is second and increases his lead again. Good time from Loeb in SS4 as well. Ogier currently fifth and Neuville eighth.
Latvala has dropped down now after what looks to be a puncture which turned into a flailing destroyed tyre and caused a lot of bodywork damage. Looks like an interesting event so far - I'll try and catch some of the coverage this evening.
Old 28 Oct 2018, 07:46 (Ref:3859557)   #277
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sunshine in Wales and heavy rain in Spain: the conditions are all backwards!

Drama for Tanak yesterday and another ascent through the field for Ogier. Sadly it looks like Ott is out of the title fight, but Neuville and Ogier could go to Australia with only a point or two between them.

This season has been great throughout, but Rally GB and now Spain have been exceptionally entertaining. I will be glued to the coverage today!
Old 28 Oct 2018, 13:19 (Ref:3859587)   #278
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Incredible event to say the least. Four different cars but still so even, hard to believe.

Happy for Loeb, the man is really sonething else.
Old 28 Oct 2018, 14:17 (Ref:3859591)   #279
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Incredible event to say the least. Four different cars but still so even, hard to believe.

Happy for Loeb, the man is really sonething else.
Yeah. I was considering earlier that, if he were to win again this year, Ogier might move a little closer to be considered the greatest of all time...

...but then Loeb sweeps in, takes victory and reminds everyone just how good he (still) is!

Superb event though, another unpredictable finish. Given his form in the last few events, I personally don't think Neuville deserves the Championship. Real shame that Tanak wasn't able to challenge for the win as that could have made things very interesting for the last round: at least we have two fighting for the title though.
Old 28 Oct 2018, 20:59 (Ref:3859642)   #280
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That’s cool. Well done Loeb.
Old 29 Oct 2018, 12:30 (Ref:3859742)   #281
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Great event - I caught up on Saturday and Sundays stages yesterday evening. Some great drives - more bad luck for Tanak, but what does Latvala need to to do get a break? He had massive speed on Friday, got the puncture, drove it back into the lead again only to have another puncture.

Have to say - I love the end of stage interviews - really captures the drivers emotions, Latvala was fuming after the puncture on Friday!
Old 31 Oct 2018, 14:13 (Ref:3860136)   #282
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Just when you thought the silly season couldn't get any sillier:

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...uPDgvOhUwSyUB8
Old 31 Oct 2018, 19:55 (Ref:3860202)   #283
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I never thought I would enjoy seeing Loeb win after all his domination, but what a result! Shame for Tanak though, he has clearly been the best and has yet more bad luck. Hopefully Neuville will take it Ogier in the final round
Old 1 Nov 2018, 13:02 (Ref:3860348)   #284
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Just when you thought the silly season couldn't get any sillier:

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...uPDgvOhUwSyUB8
I can't see that happening - surely Loeb will do a part season in a Citroen? Why would he go anywhere else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I never thought I would enjoy seeing Loeb win after all his domination, but what a result! Shame for Tanak though, he has clearly been the best and has yet more bad luck. Hopefully Neuville will take it Ogier in the final round
It's a great result for Loeb - and a bit of a kick in the nuts for the others! I guess road position on the Friday helped a lot - that's where Ogier and Neuville lost a lot of time. Tanak has probably been the best driver but as we saw last season the Toyota is prone to breaking - although it has to be said that both Tanak and Latvala were unlucky with the wheel breakages and punctures in Catalunya.
Old 14 Nov 2018, 09:53 (Ref:3863243)   #285
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So the current standings are:
1. OGIER 204
2. NEUVILLE 201
3. TÄNAK 181

Total points available for a Rally are 30, Tanak has a really slim chance, but the top two could end up stranded in a cock fight, so you never know. This will be interesting.
Old 14 Nov 2018, 11:00 (Ref:3863254)   #286
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasperG View Post
So the current standings are:
1. OGIER 204
2. NEUVILLE 201
3. TÄNAK 181

Total points available for a Rally are 30, Tanak has a really slim chance, but the top two could end up stranded in a cock fight, so you never know. This will be interesting.
Yeah, it should be a close finish. I really think Tanak deserves to be where Neuville is in the points, but I hope we get a good fight between Ogier and Neuville at the last round.

Very torn about who I want to win. I'd like to see someone other than Ogier take the title but, of the two, I think that Ogier is the more deserving driver.
Old 14 Nov 2018, 17:44 (Ref:3863330)   #287
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Tanak deserves it the most, but I’d love to see Neuville take it. Still if Ogier wins, at least he had to work hard for it
Old 17 Nov 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3863819)   #288
NSX_LeMans
Racer

NSX_LeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tanak just lost the lead after going off track, Latvala is in front now by 5s and will probably give the lead back to Tanak again. Meanwhile, Paddon is getting closer.
Old 17 Nov 2018, 22:06 (Ref:3863822)   #289
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
It's been another dramatic event - going into the final day it's still all to play for. As you say Latvala will probably slow to allow Tanak to jump him but that probably won't be enough for him to take the title. Neuville had more bad luck with the tyre off the rim - so it's still looking like Ogiers title to lose.
Old 18 Nov 2018, 01:28 (Ref:3863851)   #290
NSX_LeMans
Racer

NSX_LeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neuville is done and Tanak stopped on stage! So much drama! Ogier doesn't even have to finish the rally anymore. Latvala leads, and I hope he gets the win.
All cars seems to have been taking a serious beating with bodywork pieces being thrown left and right.
Old 18 Nov 2018, 20:13 (Ref:3864033)   #291
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Ogier took his 6th WRC title, this time with "just" four wins and six podiums.

Does anyone still question he's a legend?
Old 18 Nov 2018, 20:58 (Ref:3864037)   #292
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
This may be Ogiers most impressive title - the challenge this year was very strong. The Fiesta was arguably only the 3rd best car (behind the Toyota and Hyundai) so to take the title is impressive. Toyota probably deserved the manufacturers title this year - the Yaris has been the quickest car although it's still a bit fragile. I do feel a bit sorry for Neuville and Hyundai though - they've come up just short again.

If next season is as good as this one I'll be happy!
Old 19 Nov 2018, 08:52 (Ref:3864157)   #293
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
As much as I would like to have seen a different name winning the Championship I personally think the right driver won. It's been another superbly measured drive from Ogier this season, especially as I don't think the Fiesta is the best car. Seb knew when to push and when to hold back.

Neuville has been disappointing in the second half of the season and I don't think he deserved the title. I am hoping that 2019 will be Tanak's year but, despite not being a big fan of the Citroen, I would like to see Ogier challenging.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 09:27 (Ref:3864166)   #294
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hyundai - great car, great drivers but still no glory

Neuville has not the mentality of a champion and Ogier was the most deserving champion at the end. Poor season by Mikkelsen otherwise I think they could challenge at least for the manufacturers title. Sordo and Paddon with a part time drive did a lot better
Old 19 Nov 2018, 11:30 (Ref:3864202)   #295
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ogier, great driver deserves the title
Toyota, great car deserves the title
Hyundai and Neuville, good car and good driver, just not good enough, particulary not good enough in the second half of the season.

I expect Citroen to be in the fight with Toyota next year for manufacturer's title.
Old 26 Nov 2018, 13:24 (Ref:3866055)   #296
S griffin
Veteran

Well done Ogier, he deserves the title, although I think Tanak has been the number 1 driver this season. His luck in the final 3 rallies really deserted him.

Ogier seems to have to wait later each season to win the title, so this has been the toughest. Will he finally be dethroned in 2019?