Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 15 Nov 2002, 10:04 (Ref:429027)   #16
hotracer
Rookie

hotracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stirring, No just making people aware !

If JR Ewing you are referring to me hotracer ! then I am not stirring but making people aware of that which has been going on regarding single seater racing at Lydden. Speaking to the brscc ? what have they got to do with it, barc have the means and ability to back single seater racing at Lydden and other se circuits and I and others have had conversations with them to support such a move. Semsec have stated and published that s/s racing will not happen on 2003, yet on this thread have stated that they will hold races.

I have no other motive than to see s/seater racing continue at lydden and elsewhere in the s.east. I am willing to stand up and ask what is going on ?

Bland contra statements like yours JR when people do not know who u are can't really be counted.

best intentions, Alan
Old 15 Nov 2002, 13:48 (Ref:429206)   #17
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ken Greenfield has stated on here that the single-seaters WILL run in 2003, just not as a championship. I don't think he can be much clearer can he??
Old 15 Nov 2002, 14:03 (Ref:429220)   #18
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Guys, just a thought from a non racer. Why don't Semsec et al adopt the idea the BRSCC have this year and introduced 'timed' races. By doing that the driver/entrant would know what 'value for money' he/she was getting and so it may entice a few more drivers to enter races, be they championship ones or otherwise.

I would be interested to hear your view on this.
Old 15 Nov 2002, 16:15 (Ref:429314)   #19
JR Ewing
Veteran

As a driver, Stephen, number of laps is best as you KNOW what is happening. Timed races arfe not as good but are a good 'reserve' if the meeting suffers delays etc.
Old 15 Nov 2002, 16:18 (Ref:429316)   #20
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
So in that case, the organisiing clubs should work out how many laps say a 15 minute race would be for each circuit? I'm just trying to think of a way of giving the drivers the best value for their entry fees which we all know are escalating.
Old 19 Nov 2002, 22:30 (Ref:432631)   #21
hotracer
Rookie

hotracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Track time is important

Actually, I believe track time is important, at many circuts 10 lap races last nore than 8 mins, which really is no longer than a glorified sprint event.

Track time is important, when a car is called up from a paddock, asembles, goes out on to the track, grids up, gets a countdown of up to 5 mins, does a green flag lap, grids up and then starts and then has a 8min race, then quite often has to go to a holding area before getting back to the paddock, the actual time racing in rather a small percentage of the officials consideration at an event.

Many popular series both saloons, sports cars and single seaters are extending the race lengths to give better value for money.

ARPf3 is a min of 25 mins, sports car races tend now to be longer.

It is just one of the sensible ideas that need to be taken on board to effect changes to attract driver to come out and race.

don't knock practical ideas !

rgds Alan Everitt
Old 20 Nov 2002, 08:13 (Ref:432909)   #22
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I have noticed more and more meetings this year (BRSCC) have been for timed races. I agree with Hotrodracer that track time is very important to any driver and they obviously want to maximise the amount of time spent racing and minimise the time spent in the collecting area and being gridded up.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 08:40 (Ref:432934)   #23
JR Ewing
Veteran

I'm not against timed races. I just think it should be converted to a lap distance where possible. Eg Cadwell might be 10 laps, Mallory might be 15 and Lydden might be 20.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 10:22 (Ref:432995)   #24
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
That makes sense as well, either way you get the same race distance which is what you are both suggesting. Can that be written into the championship regulations?
Old 29 Nov 2002, 11:29 (Ref:439308)   #25
les beer
Rookie

les beer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Further to all the comments made following the single seater situation in the south east I have some good news.
Following discussions with the BARC se it is planned to run a race series between Lydden, Silverstone Stowe and possibly Silverstone national, Snetterton and Brands.The latter three circuits will only be used if we have big enough grids.Details are being finalised and as soon as they are confirmed we will make the announcement.But to give you all an idea we are planning a number of classes to include bike engines F/Ford Formula first,upto 2ltr cars and some front engine clubmans cars.Sponsers have been found to support the series.Races are planned to run with a 10 min practice leading to a 10 lap race to select the grid for the 20 lap race as the big one.We are considering running the main race with a reverse grid putting the faster cars to the back and giving the spectators somthing to see.The series will be open to any member of any club holding a national B race licence or above and we intend to appoint a drivers committee to police driving standards and to control the types of car that may enter.Entry fees are expected to be very competitive,practice and both races for the cost of one race.As I stated earlier all the above is subject to confirmation but I would welcome feedback direct to my email or on the forum.
Old 29 Nov 2002, 15:08 (Ref:439437)   #26
JR Ewing
Veteran

I know of someone who will DEFINITELY be in based on the above.
Old 29 Nov 2002, 17:32 (Ref:439506)   #27
les beer
Rookie

les beer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps JR might like to forward details of this competetor to me to add to the mailing list which should be out by the end of December.All interested parties might like to do the same.