Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 22 Aug 2019, 21:08 (Ref:3923808)   #4576
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
You're on fire today Baub, another amusing anecdote.
(Mind you, if you continue to refer to my missus' high quality Home Baking as simply 'pies', this may happen more literally when she visits you with her blow lamp!)

Gerry, Allegedly VivaGT's good lady is a Cordon Bleu Chef, and purportedly is a Purveyor of the Finest Home Baked Comestibles to the Discerning Gourmand.

Now when I have need to refer to Viv's distaff's enterprise, I find it easier to refer to it a Pie Stall purely in the interests of brevity, however, our co-tenther Viv takes umbrage at this abbreviation. Consequently any time I use the word 'pie' in a sentence, I receive threatening messages. Clearly this is a sensitive issue with the couple, although I fear the lady doth protest too much, making me wonder if my less verbose description is perhaps, closer to the truth than they care to admit.

I will continue to wear my Nomex under garments as a precaution.

I hope this may put your mind at rest.

Bon viveur,

Robert.
Old 23 Aug 2019, 01:16 (Ref:3923827)   #4577
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
My greatest day came when I was a trials passenger for MG David once. Going up Bluehills 1 I bounced like no tomorrow and we scrabbled over the lip. He turned to me and said:

"Do you know, we wouldn't have got up that if it hadn't been for you!"

Fellow bouncers, just sometimes the driver appreciates us. Not often, just sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
And much appreciated not just as a bouncer but a true riding mechanic, like the time you lay in the puddle in the middle of the night and changed the diff at the top of some hill near Lynton in Devon. And I won't mention fuel pumps....
Old 23 Aug 2019, 05:25 (Ref:3923839)   #4578
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Hey, Bob, what kind of thing did you ask for to deserve a blow lamp? Just to know…
Obviously in pursuit of the perfect Creme Caramel, Gerard.....
Old 23 Aug 2019, 05:27 (Ref:3923841)   #4579
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
And much appreciated not just as a bouncer but a true riding mechanic, like the time you lay in the puddle in the middle of the night and changed the diff at the top of some hill near Lynton in Devon. And I won't mention fuel pumps....
Strewth, you boys know how to have fun.

Perfect combo for Jet boat racing, by the sound of it......
Old 23 Aug 2019, 19:51 (Ref:3923915)   #4580
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah yes changing the fuel pump in the service area at Tintinhull alongside the A303 at 0300. I'm sure the coppers that drove by thought it was some form of dogging, at least until we wired up the pump the wrong way and pressurised the tank, causing a petrol fountain

As someone else says, "happy days"

Old 24 Aug 2019, 07:26 (Ref:3923970)   #4581
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Ah yes changing the fuel pump in the service area at Tintinhull alongside the A303 at 0300. I'm sure the coppers that drove by thought it was some form of dogging, at least until we wired up the pump the wrong way and pressurised the tank, causing a petrol fountain

As someone else says, "happy days"

Makes me realise what a dull life I have had.
Old 24 Aug 2019, 09:45 (Ref:3923979)   #4582
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Indeed but that is to be expected when you drive a Vauxhall. It's just works boringly well.

An MG on the other hand is a voyage onto the unknown every trip - you never know what is going to break, or who you will meet while fixing it. A true lifestyle choice

Wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Old 24 Aug 2019, 13:16 (Ref:3923991)   #4583
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Indeed but that is to be expected when you drive a Vauxhall. It's just works boringly well.

An MG on the other hand is a voyage onto the unknown every trip - you never know what is going to break, or who you will meet while fixing it. A true lifestyle choice

Wouldn't have missed it for the world.

I once averaged 70mph from Wadebridge in Devon to Luton in a 2.0 Cavalier.

Indeed a very boring journey.

On another occasion I spent a week in Yorkshire in an MGB, far from fun if I'm honest. Mind you it never broke down, but then again neither would anybody talk to me. Swedes and roustabouts I suppose..

Uncle Bauble.
Old 24 Aug 2019, 17:15 (Ref:3924008)   #4584
midgetman
Veteran

That was my point. The Vauxhall "just worked". The MGB built your character.

Old 24 Aug 2019, 19:17 (Ref:3924016)   #4585
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
That was my point. The Vauxhall "just worked". The MGB built your character.

A lot of people here, may not be grateful to the MGB.
Old 24 Aug 2019, 20:12 (Ref:3924021)   #4586
midgetman
Veteran

To paraphrase the Navy's current ad:

"Born in Luton, but made in the MGB"

Old 24 Aug 2019, 20:39 (Ref:3924024)   #4587
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Old 24 Aug 2019, 21:36 (Ref:3924031)   #4588
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:

Er. Battersea actually, but I get your drift shipmate.

PS. What is a Tapatalk, I am still on semaphore flags.
Old 25 Aug 2019, 06:33 (Ref:3924093)   #4589
midgetman
Veteran

Tapatalk is the app I read Tenths on with my phone. It means you're in my pocket all the time Baub!

It's quite good actually.

Old 25 Aug 2019, 07:54 (Ref:3924097)   #4590
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Tapatalk is the app I read Tenths on with my phone. It means you're in my pocket all the time Baub!

It's quite good actually.

You're never alone with a mobile phone.
Old 25 Aug 2019, 08:04 (Ref:3924098)   #4591
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
You're never alone with a mobile phone.
There you go Bob - I thought Tapatalk just meant you could turn it off when you'd heard enough!!!
Old 25 Aug 2019, 10:08 (Ref:3924108)   #4592
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
There you go Bob - I thought Tapatalk just meant you could turn it off when you'd heard enough!!!
Very good John.

Midgie; So whenever you cock-it, I'm in your pocket! There's a thought.
Old 25 Aug 2019, 12:28 (Ref:3924120)   #4593
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post

I assumed it was something that GCHQ and similar might be using to observe the opinions of those on their watch list.
Old 25 Aug 2019, 12:33 (Ref:3924121)   #4594
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Very good John.

Midgie; So whenever you cock-it, I'm in your pocket! There's a thought.
Not sure that's an analogy I want to follow. hudder:

Old 25 Aug 2019, 13:08 (Ref:3924124)   #4595
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Not sure that's an analogy I want to follow. hudder:

In precisely which pocket to you carry your mobile in Midge?
Old 25 Aug 2019, 13:26 (Ref:3924125)   #4596
midgetman
Veteran

I'm not going to answer that one on the basis of public decency.
Old 25 Aug 2019, 13:57 (Ref:3924128)   #4597
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
I'm not going to answer that one on the basis of public decency.
Not really applicable on this forum, I suspect.
Old 26 Aug 2019, 08:59 (Ref:3924207)   #4598
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Remember the banksy mural at Dover? My goodness, whatever next.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-49464949
Nice avatar Mike.
Old 26 Aug 2019, 09:39 (Ref:3924208)   #4599
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Nice avatar Mike.
That’s courtesy of Grant P. The next one will be with your permission, if you’re happy to give it.....
Old 26 Aug 2019, 17:59 (Ref:3924246)   #4600
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing to do with motorsport , but just got sent a video clip & I am still wiping the tears from my eyes .
A little bit risque , so will probably go down well with Bauble .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An5a6h7vA00
Closed Thread