Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Nov 2019, 09:36 (Ref:3941344)   #176
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
New dumb F1 rumor supposedly from Germany.

Penske and Mazepin are leading suiters to take over Mercedes program when they leave in 2021. Penske told a couple Indy reporters he's not at all interested. Anyone else thinking Mercedes is trying to spread rumors they're leaving to get a bigger cut?

https://racer.com/2019/11/16/penske-...t-speculation/
This was bit was really interesting, it would appear that Mercedes are happy with the ROI of their F1 program.

what’s the impact, and what does it cost for us to invest?
“If you use the Nielsen method to measure the media value of our Formula 1 activities they are north of 1 billion Euros ($1.1B) per year, so an extreme reach and impact from this activity. The costs — which we would not like to disclose publicly — are probably surprisingly low because one must never forget that you both have a cost side and a revenue side in Formula 1. So as we sit here today we’re committed.” Kallenius Mercedes.

As usual, it takes money to make money.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 07:31 (Ref:3943324)   #177
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Latifi to Williams.

Good move, and good to see another F2 driver making the last rung on the ladder.

Last edited by Greem; 28 Nov 2019 at 07:46.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 08:48 (Ref:3943333)   #178
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Latifi to Williams.

Good move, and good to see another F2 driver making the last rung on the ladder.
Bad luck Latifi!
Old 28 Nov 2019, 09:54 (Ref:3943345)   #179
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
No surprise there, it was likely to happen. I wish him well. The grid tends to get filled up quicker every season

Latifi will be the only rookie on the grid at the start of the season, I think the last time that happened was in 2009 with Buemi
Old 28 Nov 2019, 10:01 (Ref:3943349)   #180
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
No surprise there, it was likely to happen. I wish him well. The grid tends to get filled up quicker every season

Latifi will be the only rookie on the grid at the start of the season, I think the last time that happened was in 2009 with Buemi
He has a high class team mate in Russell who may just ruin his career too.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 12:56 (Ref:3943382)   #181
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I don't follow F2 closely. How good is Latifi ?
Whilst his results in F2 have been good this year - this is his 5th or 6th year at that level and previous years results have been nothing special. Usually drivers that make it to F1 via the F2 route burst onto the scene and absolutely smash it in their 1st or 2nd F2 season.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 13:02 (Ref:3943385)   #182
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He has plenty of experience then, so won’t be a complete disaster
Old 28 Nov 2019, 16:22 (Ref:3943418)   #183
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Presume he is bringing plenty of money to Williams i think they need it
Old 28 Nov 2019, 16:34 (Ref:3943422)   #184
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
That of course could have been an attraction.....
Old 28 Nov 2019, 18:15 (Ref:3943444)   #185
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Latifi should be closer to Russell than kubica, but I doubt he’ll regularly beat him.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 22:16 (Ref:3943487)   #186
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Katz View Post
Latifi should be closer to Russell than kubica, but I doubt he’ll regularly beat him.
Looking at his career on Wiki he looks like he has no chance against Russell. Never won a championship, only had 2 pole positions ever, in British F3 in 2013.

Given his level of funding, he looks plain awful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Latifi

Nyck DeVries, the actual F2 champion, would have looked like the best choice in this year's F2 field or am I missing something other than money Nikki?
Old 28 Nov 2019, 22:45 (Ref:3943497)   #187
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
30 million Euro according to Auto Action.

https://autoaction.com.au/2019/11/28...rly-50-million
Old 29 Nov 2019, 02:06 (Ref:3943528)   #188
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Only the best in the top level of motorsport.... right?.....
Old 29 Nov 2019, 11:25 (Ref:3943622)   #189
S griffin
Veteran

We have had worse drivers in F1, I say we still have plenty of talent in the series. Just a shame Hulk will be on his way out
Old 2 Dec 2019, 09:12 (Ref:3944185)   #190
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
We have had worse drivers in F1, I say we still have plenty of talent in the series. Just a shame Hulk will be on his way out
The depth of talent in F1 currently is not in question here?

The point being made is whether Latifi is good enough...
Old 2 Dec 2019, 10:20 (Ref:3944201)   #191
S griffin
Veteran

Give him time. I expect him to be at least competent
Old 2 Dec 2019, 15:12 (Ref:3944306)   #192
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Give him time. I expect him to be at least competent
Given time - competent.

Is competent what F1 should be aiming for.

I understand the mechanics of funding, and why talent alone will not see the best drivers on the grid. But if a team ever described their driver as 'competent', I would feel cheated.

I've seen this in business a few times too though (unfortunately). Our organisation states the we strive for excellence in everything we do - and then reward contractors for achieving 'satisfactory'!
Old 2 Dec 2019, 15:16 (Ref:3944309)   #193
S griffin
Veteran

I didn’t say he may turn out competent, I said I don’t expect to be anything less than that. He could be better than that, we never know until a driver goes in F1 how well he could do
Old 3 Dec 2019, 16:22 (Ref:3944581)   #194
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I didn’t say he may turn out competent, I said I don’t expect to be anything less than that. He could be better than that, we never know until a driver goes in F1 how well he could do
If guys like latifi or stroll are ever better than mediocre or competent, it would say more about the actual talent level of the f1 grid than their talents. (And it would not be a positive).
Old 16 Dec 2019, 22:14 (Ref:3947044)   #195
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
So Eddie Jordan claims that Hamilton will be at Ferrari next year complete with Toto Wolfe. Well Eddie put a few grand down if you are sure !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Dec 2019, 01:32 (Ref:3947072)   #196
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
So Eddie Jordan claims that Hamilton will be at Ferrari next year complete with Toto Wolfe. Well Eddie put a few grand down if you are sure !
Doesnt Toto own a chunk of Mercedes F1,(Mercedes Benz Grand Prix Ltd) as did Niki Lauda. I know also that Toto has a contract with Merc until end 2020, a date which aligns with the expiration of the current Concorde/Commercial Agreement with FOM.
Old 17 Dec 2019, 02:26 (Ref:3947082)   #197
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I want some of whatever he is on.

It must be outstanding s..t
Old 17 Dec 2019, 14:31 (Ref:3947165)   #198
S griffin
Veteran

EJ got the scoop of Hamilton going to Merc, so who knows?
Old 17 Dec 2019, 16:39 (Ref:3947191)   #199
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
EJ got the scoop of Hamilton going to Merc, so who knows?
He also got the scoop about McLaren changing from Honda to Renault engines but I suppose if you make up enough outlandish predictions about F1, something is bound to come true.
(I still can't see Lewis & Toto wearing red next year though - unless they do a double-Santa act at the Mercedes Christmas party).
Old 17 Dec 2019, 20:10 (Ref:3947231)   #200
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
All I can say is that Eddie must be a loony.