Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 1 Apr 2001, 16:06 (Ref:76056)   #1
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We've all seen topics about the cars we own and the cars we dream about but I don't recall ever seeing one about our future car.

I'm sure that sooner or later we'll all change our trusty machines with new and/or better ones. So which will be your next car and when do you expect to buy it?.
(BTW, be realistic.......I doubt that anyone here has the economic capacity to buy an Aston Martin, a Ferrari F50 or a Mclaren F1).

I have 3 choices.
My first is the BMW M3 E30 which was the first M3 on the road. Has a good deal of power (190+ Hp if I'm not mistaken) and the looks....there's something I love about that car's looks. Even more than the two later versions of the M3.

My second would be a Peugeot 306 XSi. I've owned a Pug for over a year now and I have no complains about the car so I would be keen to stay with that brand. And the only other 2L coupe car available here is the Seat Ibiza Cupra but I'm not convinced with the representation over here.

And my last would be the Renault Clio 1.8 16V soon to be realeased over here.

Now......when will I buy any of these cars? No sooner than 3 years from now.....But no later than 5 (I hope!).
Old 1 Apr 2001, 16:11 (Ref:76060)   #2
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My next car won't be that spectacular than your M§...it will be the new Mondeo TD, the limousine. In my eyes, and I also tested it, this is just a great car. And I love the design as I like the serial leather in the Ghia version I will choose.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 19:40 (Ref:76120)   #3
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I'm trying to buy an Alfa-Romeo 156. Now if I could just insure the thing...
Old 1 Apr 2001, 23:05 (Ref:76280)   #4
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I've saved some money and the trusted 9 year old Rover 416si starts to cost me more in repairs than petrol a month, I'll change to, I would like a new look Astra. 1600cc at least IF I can afford it. Been eyeing up the Corsa's but not heard brilliant reports.

If I won the lottery, it would be a different story....
Old 2 Apr 2001, 01:35 (Ref:76333)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I won't have a next car. If I win the Lotto I'll buy a driver.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 12:46 (Ref:76530)   #6
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I hope I can buy a car soon. May be in two years, and my choices are basically the same than the ones from my friend sharky. I like french cars so it is between the renault clio or the peugeot. But if I can save some money I think I could affort the audi S3(day dreaming).
Old 2 Apr 2001, 17:32 (Ref:76617)   #7
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now, I could talk entirely true to form and start going on about how a sharp Aston Martin DBS still only costs the same as a new Mondeo, but we are talking about practical everyday road cars here.

I have to say, I am sorely tempted to try Italian machinery again. The words Alfa Romeo are nagging at me, and I'm wondering if my next car choice shouldn't be an Alfa Romeo 164, before they all become a little too old to be trustworthy daily drivers.

Alternatively, a coupe Alfa GTV6 might be rather fun.

Can't cope with all these little hot-hatches, I'm afraid. Not enough to them.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 18:17 (Ref:76640)   #8
Hans.ca
Racer

Hans.ca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I to would love an Alfa. Do they still come with a factory installed oil leak in the engine??????
Old 2 Apr 2001, 19:42 (Ref:76682)   #9
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

My dad is taking me to the Mini garage this holiday, so you can guess what I'm after.

(When I told my friend this, she seriously believed I meant a mini-garage...)
Old 2 Apr 2001, 19:48 (Ref:76685)   #10
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So Minardi Fan, just how big a mini-garage are you looking to purchase?
Old 2 Apr 2001, 20:56 (Ref:76722)   #11
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmm- tricky one....
The Hurricane will be with us for many years to come (long enough for 'Bottle Junior to borrow it as a tool for attracting the opposite sex, whichever that may be (for those who don't know, he/she dosn't arrive until Sept)
The Granada is a terriffic family car, just needs rear belts fitting, but it's getting a bit old now (17 years) and will need to be replaced by something with good MPG which is a good family transporter and can tow (and stop) an unbraked box trailer, and convertable would be nice as well... Any ideas?
Old 3 Apr 2001, 00:02 (Ref:76799)   #12
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about a nice Maestro camper van, Bluebottle?

There's a nice junior-sized rear seat option, it town fantastically and gives at least 70mpg.
Old 3 Apr 2001, 00:42 (Ref:76809)   #13
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Presently I have a fleet of Peugeot 504 station wagons (or Familiales) and no thoughts of replacing anything... too handy, not enough money, and I've got a stack of spares. While I have the spares nothing will break, of course....

But I want to progressively outfit them all with five speed gearboxes (anyone got a BA7-5 box going cheap... any conditon?) and Kugelfischer injected engines, though one may be converted to a mini-camper and to run on LPG.

I also have a Jolus, more or less a Lotus 7 made out of Peugeot 203 bits... which has never been finished, though it was started (and driven) in 1963.

If the money was there, I would only get one other car... the 504 Coupe.
Old 3 Apr 2001, 13:25 (Ref:76932)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
fingers crossed, something nice. my olds are selling 'my' car soon, so the dream replacement is a really old new body shape bmw 320i, about l reg, french plates, etc.
that would be nice.
however, i do like those new fiat puntos. if i got more in the old pay packet than i do right now, i'd seriously look at buying one. they have a wicked stereo, and look quite impressive.
on the other hand, those ford pumas are very sext indeed. it'd have to be on french plates, which is where the problem lies. the french aren't in love with them as much as we are.
Old 3 Apr 2001, 18:05 (Ref:76995)   #15
Ross
Rookie

Ross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my next motor will do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds and have a top speed of 180mph!!! And cost less than £10'000otr rock on!!!
Old 3 Apr 2001, 21:45 (Ref:77082)   #16
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Such car doesn't exsist Ross..........does it?
Old 4 Apr 2001, 01:04 (Ref:77135)   #17
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I won't have a next car. If I win the Lotto I'll buy a driver.
Haha! I would only employ the driver on nights out when I want a bevvie or ten. There are alot of sporty cars out there that I would just have to drive myself the rest of the time!

Ross, I'll have one of those when you find it!!!
Old 4 Apr 2001, 11:37 (Ref:77226)   #18
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I'm not looking for a new car right now...only new tyres after a mere 12,000km (don't buy Dunlop).

But the market for what I can afford and want is very very small at the moment.

Current car Nissan Pulsar SSS

Mazda 323 Astina SP20 - too much of a backwards/sideways step

Alfa 147 - not out yet, might be a little small. Need a closer look.

Peugeot 206 GTi - impossible for me to drive. I can just about hit all 3 pedals with my foot vertical and my feet aren't that big.

Citroen Xsara VTS - don't quite like the look of the new one

Renault Clio V6 - too expensive for very little car and not out just yet. How do they fit a V6 in there?

Holden (Opel/Vauxhall) Astra SRi - not out yet, but looking most likely when I am looking for a new car earlyish next year.

And that's it on cars that I would consider as I will not buy a Commodore or Falcon.
Old 4 Apr 2001, 11:44 (Ref:77230)   #19
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
.. a TRUCK !

a 4x4 Toyota maybe, to pull a racecar

Woody.
Old 4 Apr 2001, 12:01 (Ref:77240)   #20
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A Ducati probably or an old Triumph.

If it has four wheels rather than two then a Mini Cooper S.
Old 6 Apr 2001, 23:53 (Ref:78283)   #21
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Ford Falcon XR6 vct. 5 speed manual,power windows, cruise control, cd player and best of all 172kw.A great all round car.
Attached Thumbnails
models_xr_sideon.jpg  
Old 7 Apr 2001, 05:45 (Ref:78325)   #22
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No offence intended, but you Australians really get the most extraordinarily ugly automobiles! (Almost as bad as our Dodges and Pontiaks!)...
Old 7 Apr 2001, 11:59 (Ref:78360)   #23
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't worry Mount. I think it is beautiful!

And Americans are not generally known for their taste
Old 7 Apr 2001, 21:21 (Ref:78457)   #24
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I new you would be on my side moff. And i would have to agree with you on the americans and their taste. Some of the worst looking cars would have to come from the states
Old 7 Apr 2001, 22:29 (Ref:78472)   #25
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My point exactly... ever seen an attractive Pontiak, or Dodge (from the last 20 years anyway?).. What surprises me, is that GM (for example) makes fairly decent Opels/Vauxhalls (Love the Astra Coupe) but we Americans get Saturns, Pontiaks... ugly, plastic cladded bokes every one... very sad. I only tried to point out that Australians get more of the american style cars then the European style..