Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Oct 2020, 14:15 (Ref:4012401)   #326
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll get this moan out of the way early. The FCY -> SC setup is crap and is already ruining the race. We should've been racing by now, but instead we have to be yellow for another 5 minutes.
Old 24 Oct 2020, 14:16 (Ref:4012402)   #327
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
15 mins in and I'm already irritated by the commentators repeating SRO's pathetically weak justification for the FCY->SC procedure. I'd rather they were just honest and say "we're doing it to artificially compress the field so that we can boast about how close the race is right up to the final hour".
Old 24 Oct 2020, 14:19 (Ref:4012403)   #328
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Haha, we're al thinking and writing basically the same.
Old 24 Oct 2020, 14:23 (Ref:4012405)   #329
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Alternative live timing?
Old 24 Oct 2020, 14:23 (Ref:4012406)   #330
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
22 minutes gone.
9:30 minutes of racing, 12:30 of yellow / SC
Old 24 Oct 2020, 14:24 (Ref:4012407)   #331
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
Alternative live timing?
https://www.timing71.org/s/gtwc
Old 24 Oct 2020, 14:24 (Ref:4012408)   #332
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
Alternative live timing?
https://www.timing71.org/s/gtwc
Old 24 Oct 2020, 14:29 (Ref:4012409)   #333
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Gracias
Old 24 Oct 2020, 14:37 (Ref:4012411)   #334
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Rain started to create havok
Old 24 Oct 2020, 14:37 (Ref:4012412)   #335
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
it seems to be raining a bit.
Old 24 Oct 2020, 14:41 (Ref:4012413)   #336
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
@ John Watson:
* the Audi losing places was Winkelhock, not Mies
* Drudi and Mies are NOT "sister Audi's": One is Attempto, one is WRT.
(he will probably get that wrong 47 more times)
Old 24 Oct 2020, 14:53 (Ref:4012417)   #337
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Dane Cameron up to 22nd the Honda; performing really well
Old 24 Oct 2020, 14:57 (Ref:4012418)   #338
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
@ John Watson:
I'm watching on mute. 30 mins of Watson was enough. He's an embarrassment.
Old 24 Oct 2020, 15:05 (Ref:4012419)   #339
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Maximum refuelling time? That's a thing?
Old 24 Oct 2020, 15:06 (Ref:4012420)   #340
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Stop and go for 33 for "exceeding maximum refueling connection time".

What does that mean in English?
Old 24 Oct 2020, 15:10 (Ref:4012421)   #341
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I'm watching on mute. 30 mins of Watson was enough. He's an embarrassment.
John Watson has been replaced by Bruce Jones.
Old 24 Oct 2020, 15:15 (Ref:4012423)   #342
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
I'm sorry for being grouchy. I'm sad not to be there - as a spectator and amateur snapper this is one of the greatest spectacles in motor racing. I miss being there terribly.

As a pure motor race however it is disfigured and debased by SRO's ludicrous micro-management and as a TV viewing experience it is poorly served by John Watson's ranting and inability to keep up with events.

I'll just be quiet and try to enjoy it now :-)
Old 24 Oct 2020, 15:17 (Ref:4012425)   #343
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
15 mins in and I'm already irritated by the commentators repeating SRO's pathetically weak justification for the FCY->SC procedure. I'd rather they were just honest and say "we're doing it to artificially compress the field so that we can boast about how close the race is right up to the final hour".
Nascar is honest and calls it stage racing.
Old 24 Oct 2020, 15:19 (Ref:4012426)   #344
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Maximum refuelling time? That's a thing?
It is...

https://www.gt-world-challenge-europ...WRT+Car+33.pdf

-> Exceeded Maximum Refuelling Connection Time
-> Breach Of Article 20.1/20.3
-> Maximum Refuelling Time = 8.5 seconds, actual time = 13.3 seconds
Old 24 Oct 2020, 15:19 (Ref:4012427)   #345
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Loads of brake dust coming out of the #66 Audi when it brakes
Old 24 Oct 2020, 15:23 (Ref:4012428)   #346
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Stop and go for 33 for "exceeding maximum refueling connection time".

What does that mean in English?
The Regs say:

For ‘short’ refuelling stops during [Endurance], a maximum refuelling time will be issued for each Competition in a Bulletin from the Stewards. This will be the maximum time that the fuel nozzle may be connected to the car during any such pit stops.

For a short stop, the max is 8.5 seconds
Old 24 Oct 2020, 15:23 (Ref:4012429)   #347
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
I'm sorry for being grouchy. I'm sad not to be there - as a spectator and amateur snapper this is one of the greatest spectacles in motor racing. I miss being there terribly.

As a pure motor race however it is disfigured and debased by SRO's ludicrous micro-management and as a TV viewing experience it is poorly served by John Watson's ranting and inability to keep up with events.

I'll just be quiet and try to enjoy it now :-)
No problem, I basically agree with you.

I would probably have been there too (as I would have been for the ELMS race)
I equally hate SRO's micro management with the stupid Safety Car rules and the pitstop rules that take away all smart management or strategies on the team's side

I try to enjoy what is left, but agree it could be much better.
Old 24 Oct 2020, 15:25 (Ref:4012430)   #348
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Honda up to 19th
Old 24 Oct 2020, 15:32 (Ref:4012432)   #349
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
#25 Sainteloc Audi in for unscheduled stop
Tire damage, splitter damage etc ...

--

One thing is for sure: a McLaren won't win this year.
The best of the McLarens is already 9 laps down
Old 24 Oct 2020, 15:36 (Ref:4012433)   #350
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Farnbacher in the Honda up to 17th