Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 16 Dec 2010, 07:42 (Ref:2805026)   #51
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suze,nearer the time will there be instructions rref marshalling for the event times and things like that?,really looking forward to it and is there an entry list?.

BB....
Old 16 Dec 2010, 07:52 (Ref:2805027)   #52
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just seen the entry list looks interesting,cant wait.

BB....
Old 16 Dec 2010, 09:14 (Ref:2805047)   #53
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, there will be, and good you've found the entry list now.

Direct link for anyone else is:

http://chelmsfordmc.co.uk/Entry/TRSBHS11/EntryList.php
Old 8 Jan 2011, 22:27 (Ref:2813054)   #54
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,

I just wondered if there is anywhere to access or view the stage plans? Only reason I ask is that I missed that edition of Motorsport news!

Thanks
Old 9 Jan 2011, 15:28 (Ref:2813268)   #55
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not that I am aware of I'm afraid.
Old 19 Jan 2011, 15:26 (Ref:2817829)   #56
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Competitor bulletin has been posted on the website - this shows where the service area is (Colin Chapman Way) so it looks like the outer paddock may see some action

http://brandshatchstages.co.uk/sites..._Bulletin1.pdf
Old 19 Jan 2011, 18:39 (Ref:2817897)   #57
Suze
Veteran

England
Thanks for posting that I hadn't got around to it! Not long to go now...
Old 20 Jan 2011, 14:53 (Ref:2818336)   #58
Suze
Veteran

England
Stage diagrams:

http://brandshatchstages.co.uk/sites...geDiagrams.pdf
Old 20 Jan 2011, 16:07 (Ref:2818374)   #59
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Nice Chicanes in the pit lane could be tight!
Old 20 Jan 2011, 17:30 (Ref:2818408)   #60
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Many thanks Suze. Any idea if spectators will be able to view any of the loose stuff?
Old 20 Jan 2011, 17:41 (Ref:2818417)   #61
MiniMadness
Veteran

Canada
Glen Allen VA/Kent UK
MiniMadness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Nice Chicanes in the pit lane could be tight!
Bert I see you and Martin are on the entry list.
I recognised a few other names aswell.

Good to see theres even a little Mini and a MR2 on the reserve list. Good luck to everyone involved and competing. Gutted I'm out of the country at the moment.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 18:58 (Ref:2818456)   #62
Suze
Veteran

England
I don't know re spectators I'm afraid, but I don't think there's much of it...[the loose stuff that is].
Old 21 Jan 2011, 00:10 (Ref:2818570)   #63
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the loose shown on the stages pdf is the bit the rally school/experience uses, havent been to brands for a year or two, but there used to be a little stand back of hailwoods, for family and friends to watch from. But its set well back from the loose, so not sure how good a view there will be
Old 21 Jan 2011, 09:23 (Ref:2818674)   #64
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cheers for the answers Suze and Stephen. Last question (promise!); will the Stage running times be appearing on the internet at all?
Old 21 Jan 2011, 09:38 (Ref:2818682)   #65
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMadness View Post
Bert I see you and Martin are on the entry list.
I recognised a few other names aswell.
Yep, we've just got to finish sorting the car out now. Engine and gearbox should be back in this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
the loose shown on the stages pdf is the bit the rally school/experience uses, havent been to brands for a year or two, but there used to be a little stand back of hailwoods, for family and friends to watch from. But its set well back from the loose, so not sure how good a view there will be
The stages maps seem to say that the loose is only a short (20m) stretch, after that it's back to tarmac (at least that's how they read to me). Worth investigating though!
Old 21 Jan 2011, 11:09 (Ref:2818720)   #66
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
The stages maps seem to say that the loose is only a short (20m) stretch, after that it's back to tarmac (at least that's how they read to me). Worth investigating though!
I saw that on the stage maps but, as Stephen said, I always thought that back corner of the circuit was a loose gravel section used by the rally school.

Looking at that section of the circuit on Google Earth it doesn't look like a "clean" finished surface: gravel over tarmac perhaps? Hard to say?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&so...00707&t=h&z=17
Old 21 Jan 2011, 11:22 (Ref:2818727)   #67
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daft question I am sure but how do the cars get to the stage start on stages 1 to 4 ?
Old 21 Jan 2011, 12:48 (Ref:2818782)   #68
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagwaver View Post
Daft question I am sure but how do the cars get to the stage start on stages 1 to 4 ?
Drive towards the main gate, turn left at the MSV Centre and take the South Bank access road to Druids, down the hill to Hailwoods, then turn right towards the stage.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 13:13 (Ref:2818791)   #69
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understand know thanks. Stage info blocking that part of the map thats all.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 19:31 (Ref:2818955)   #70
Suze
Veteran

England
Sure stage times will be on the net. Will post what I can but not sure if it'll be here!

Re the loose stuff, the whole of what Brands Rally School call Stage 1 is tarmac, as you come across the finish line it's a little loose and bumpy [with big puddles if it's rained].
Old 21 Jan 2011, 21:38 (Ref:2819032)   #71
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah thanks for posting the link to the stage diagrams....RE the viewing area on the "rally school" section, as mentioned there is a wooden shelter and grassed area, from which the whole of that section is easy in view.
Old 22 Jan 2011, 10:35 (Ref:2819162)   #72
Suze
Veteran

England
There is, not sure if that bit will be accessible though.

Taken from elsewhere:

Quote:
Free parking and access for spectators.

I've seen the event programme for spectators, and it shows access to the areas where we will be servicing (either side of Colin Chapman Way).

There is some stand spectating by Paddock Hill, and a bit nearest the main entrance at Clark. The main spectating area is labelled "South Bank Spectating" - where the rallycross used to run through - between Druids/Graham Hill Bend and Surtees.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 17:49 (Ref:2820452)   #73
Suze
Veteran

England
Hi all, just to let you know a twitter account has been set up so people can keep up to date with the event, including on the day and results etc.

I am sure you can find it easily enough, but I have also asked if I can post the link here....will do when I hear back!
Old 25 Jan 2011, 21:54 (Ref:2820568)   #74
Suze
Veteran

England
Ok, so to keep up to date with information before the event, but most importantly on Sunday itself, you can "follow" the event on Twitter at:

http://twitter.com/#!/TRSBrandsStages

Between Andrew Coley [known for his IRC / Eurosport commentary] and myself we will do our best to post up to date results, news, photos from service, photos from the event [thanks to Jon Bryant!] and the like incase you can't be there or just want to keep up with what is going on.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 22:19 (Ref:2820582)   #75
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the weather isn't horrendous i'm going to have a wander up for this and also enjoy a Kentagon roast.