Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Aug 2018, 14:59 (Ref:3841133)   #1
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTCC 2018 - Rockingham - Rounds 19, 20, 21

1 week until BTCC arrives at Rockingham Motor Speedway, for the last time in the forseeable future.

Last year's winners:

PP - James Cole
R1 - James Cole
R2 - Ashley Sutton
R3 - Andrew Jordan

I know there's a whole other side to the story, but in terms of racing alone I'm sad to see it go.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 15:19 (Ref:3841136)   #2
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I terms of driver changes if AMD or HARD get a new face into their cars (or previous face returning), it'll be the second driver change for each particular TBL, so that driver will have to remain in that particular car for the rest of the season.

Welch and AWE deals were announced as Snetterton-only deals. So unless that has changed, there is potential for more movement.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 15:41 (Ref:3841140)   #3
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
I terms of driver changes if AMD or HARD get a new face into their cars (or previous face returning), it'll be the second driver change for each particular TBL, so that driver will have to remain in that particular car for the rest of the season.

Welch and AWE deals were announced as Snetterton-only deals. So unless that has changed, there is potential for more movement.
If a team puts a third driver in a car - can they go back to the first or second driver later?
Old 3 Aug 2018, 15:57 (Ref:3841142)   #4
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I believe the answer is no, but I could be misinterpreting.

I suspect Welch will continue. I'm sure AWE would be interested if the offer to continue is on the table; no idea how much folding he would have to find though.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 16:26 (Ref:3841151)   #5
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I suspect Welch will continue. I'm sure AWE would be interested if the offer to continue is on the table; no idea how much folding he would have to find though.
Maybe I was mistaken but I thought Dan was in for the rest of the season anyway? Doubt AWE will, there are at least a couple clashes with the MINI Challenge, but he really should be back for next year!
Old 3 Aug 2018, 17:48 (Ref:3841162)   #6
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what is certain a few guys will kiss there title hopes goodbye
Old 3 Aug 2018, 17:51 (Ref:3841165)   #7
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
If a team puts a third driver in a car - can they go back to the first or second driver later?
My interpretation of it is two swaps a year per TBL . So

A to B is one swap
B to C is the second swap,
C to A would be a third swap and not allowed.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 18:30 (Ref:3841174)   #8
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So the last meeting at the Rock next weekend, shame it’s hosted some great racing and some memorable moments
Old 3 Aug 2018, 18:35 (Ref:3841176)   #9
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Maybe I was mistaken but I thought Dan was in for the rest of the season anyway? Doubt AWE will, there are at least a couple clashes with the MINI Challenge, but he really should be back for next year!
Everything I remember reading specifically said AWE was a one weekend deal, and had variations on 'from Snetterton' for Welch. So I expect Dan will be here for the remainder of the season, unless something changes #changegamer
Old 3 Aug 2018, 18:47 (Ref:3841181)   #10
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
kinda sad that chances are rockingham will end up a housing estate, the end of the british-american dream that ultimately failed. seats in those stands never been sat on and now sinking. the untapped potential. cant win them all
Old 3 Aug 2018, 18:59 (Ref:3841185)   #11
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aland View Post
kinda sad that chances are rockingham will end up a housing estate, the end of the british-american dream that ultimately failed. seats in those stands never been sat on and now sinking. the untapped potential. cant win them all
Those seats have been used, they were primarily for the two Champ Car races.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 20:49 (Ref:3841204)   #12
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not only that, there's a rumour a certain JP has purchased two of them.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 22:29 (Ref:3841234)   #13
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah Rockingham, a decade and a half on from its BTCC bow, I won't bother predicting potential as the series is too unpredictable these days and I just don't agree with anyone so other members have claimed. I'll just continue to support Neal and Goff and hope Cammish breaks through.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 08:06 (Ref:3841780)   #14
Redshift
Rookie

Redshift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rob Collard ruled out of both Rockingham and Knockill
Old 6 Aug 2018, 08:17 (Ref:3841783)   #15
Evantra
Veteran

England
With Collard out, that's now two driver changes to be announced in the next few days!
Old 6 Aug 2018, 08:32 (Ref:3841788)   #16
porsche962fan
Veteran

maybe Nick Foster again ?

or young Collard
Old 6 Aug 2018, 09:03 (Ref:3841794)   #17
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
my pick is young collard. hes a bmw factory driver and tested the car earlier this year.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 09:31 (Ref:3841798)   #18
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
my pick is young collard. hes a bmw factory driver and tested the car earlier this year.
And it saves changing the stickers on the windows
Old 6 Aug 2018, 10:50 (Ref:3841813)   #19
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I don't see Nick returning, however I'm pretty sure if WSR were stuck for a driver he would step in to help out - he's a selfless sort of chap who looks out for those who've helped along the path of life.

Ricky is a very strong contender I would suggest.

I woukd bet a certain JP has dreamt of a 1 series in days gone by, but dreams usually are just that!
Old 6 Aug 2018, 12:36 (Ref:3841831)   #20
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
And it saves changing the stickers on the windows
on the trucks too and the posters ?
Old 6 Aug 2018, 12:51 (Ref:3841836)   #21
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Probably will be Ricky if he has no gt commitments. Already bored of social media commenters suggesting Jackson! People just don't understand how the world works. I wonder if this could be Rob's last season, you don't want too many concussions, just ask Dario Franchitti.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 13:31 (Ref:3841845)   #22
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Onslow-Cole?
Old 6 Aug 2018, 13:43 (Ref:3841847)   #23
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I wonder if this could be Rob's last season, you don't want too many concussions, just ask Dario Franchitti.
Exactly what I think, it's yet another situation when Rob has to sit out of races because of health issues after an accident and these situations happened within less than a year. It may already be worrying and add to it Collard's age plus his recent downturn in form. I believe this really may be his last season.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 13:45 (Ref:3841848)   #24
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Exactly what I think, it's yet another situation when Rob has to sit out of races because of health issues after an accident and these situations happened within less than a year. It may already be worrying and add to it Collard's age plus his recent downturn in form. I believe this really may be his last season.
+1. Could really shake up silly season...!

Big shame given what a great 2017 he had.

Last edited by Evantra; 6 Aug 2018 at 13:57.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 15:57 (Ref:3841867)   #25
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All depends on who's available and has the money....

Rob Huff? No clashing WTCR commitments and he filled Chilton's PMR seat at Silverstone last year, just a suggestion.

Last edited by Nononsensecapeesh; 6 Aug 2018 at 16:12.