Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Aug 2007, 13:26 (Ref:1983416)   #26
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRamone
You know, i was only kidding, you might need to take certain things with a pinch of salt.

Also i feel it was not Gio's fault, Plato was pushing/leaning on him, and he had nowhere to go.

Again, after the race, Plato and Gio both seemed to accept it. Mat Jackson was unlucky, but thats just racing sadly
Did laugh when I read in MSN that Plato was complaining about the bad driving damaging the cars, given he punted Gio off, and it looked pretty deliberate. Looking at the footage from above, Gio was simply overtaking, and Plato didnt like it. I swore at the telly when it happened (I've always thought Plato was a bit of a track thug), then cheered when Gio pulled it back and got ahead. Just a shame that Matt Jackson got shafted through no fault of his own.

On the whole though, BTCC does give race driving a bad name, and that is reflected when people start in the sport and think that punting people off is the way to win. (750MC have had 20ish red flags in the last few meetings)

James
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 8 Aug 2007, 19:06 (Ref:1984286)   #27
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH

On the whole though, BTCC does give race driving a bad name, and that is reflected when people start in the sport and think that punting people off is the way to win. (750MC have had 20ish red flags in the last few meetings)

James
That was, i believe, just the two day meeting at Brands Hatch recently.
Its not just 750MC the same mentality is emerging through all the clubs more so with the junior drivers:- T cars, SaxMax and Gineta they all seem (from reading posts on different 10/10 forums and marshaling) to follow the aggressive full contact racing. BARC, BRSCC, MGCC etc. etc all have problem formula and it is plain to see from a marshaling stand point that they see the BTCC guys doing it and in some instances getting away with it so why cant we.

Safety has to be paramount, there ought to be huge penalties for not obeying flag signals, and this should start at the top with the TV formula's. 2 x yellow flag infringement = exclusion from round. If the CoC and stewards were to get tougher on them then driving standards would improve and there would be less need for safety car intervention which means more racing.
Old 8 Aug 2007, 20:10 (Ref:1984336)   #28
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Actually, I've just been watching the BTCC in car experience video that used 1994's race's for the footage. To be honest some of the driving and action back then was dodgy too!