Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 17 Jul 2009, 22:34 (Ref:2503570)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Moto GP Round 9 - Sachsenring

The race weekend is underway in Germany. We had mixed conditions on Friday with rain interrupting the action during the sessions. None the less, the Moto GP boys managed a bit of dry running at the end of the session. The result? Stoner, Pedrosa and Rossi are on top. Not a surprise. However, privateer riders occupy the next four slots, which is a nice surprise.

Hayden had another decent showing in eigth. Hope to see him have a good weekend. Worryingly, the Suzuki boys are 12th and 16th. Vermeulen took a nasty highside and was seen limping away from the scene.

Simon, Marquez and Smith led the 125 session while Barbera, Simoncelli and Pasini led the 250 session.
Old 18 Jul 2009, 19:37 (Ref:2503902)   #2
Tazz
Racer

Romania
Brasov, RO
Tazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprising grid position for Hayden.
Can he get a podium? Maybe he'll stay close to the italian-spanish-aussie trio and hope one of them (Jorje maybe ? ) will do something stupid...

It would be nice to see 2 Dukes on the podium ... again
Old 18 Jul 2009, 23:18 (Ref:2503972)   #3
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
as so often, Vale's final quali lap was simply stunning. I'm not a biker but I understand physics a bit and he simply seems to defy the laws.... a young pretender is going to have to work very hard to displace him...
Old 19 Jul 2009, 01:05 (Ref:2503994)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hoping for a wet race i guess - just to stop those Yamaha's from running away with it...

How was that highside Nicky Hayden had that launched him into another rider - great qualifying effort for him nonetheless...
Old 19 Jul 2009, 05:07 (Ref:2504010)   #5
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
How was that highside Nicky Hayden had that launched him into another rider
jeepers, you said it! Saw a clip of it, and man o man...I think he as damn lucky to have had his flight cushioned by the poor guys body....and the other fellow's fall really didnt look good did it, the way he fell was so awkward and infront of the bikes...nasty indeed.

heres to a safe race tomorrow
Old 19 Jul 2009, 05:38 (Ref:2504014)   #6
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
How was that highside Nicky Hayden had that launched him into another rider - great qualifying effort for him nonetheless...

See it here (before DORNA take it down).
Old 19 Jul 2009, 12:56 (Ref:2504173)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Decent ish races

125 and 250 a bit dull 250 good at the end with the tyre situation

GP a Rossi master class yet again, forceful blocking but as usual he and Burgess got the bike to be amazing in the most important bits of the track, the last couple of bends where he was taking years out of everyone

Casey looked better and Pedrosa is almost there. Good rides too from Elias De Angleis

De Puniet total novice crash!! Hope Tech3 dont sign him as their budget will have to be increased tenfold!!
Old 19 Jul 2009, 14:00 (Ref:2504198)   #8
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
An OK race, but Rossi is still the man to beat as he is so good at racecraft and never seems to go ott when it matters.
It would be good to see a few more shots of the rest of the field although they are thin on the ground.
Pedrosa did his best and came over well on the interview after the race, Lorenzo's face said it all and De puniet did his usual !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Jul 2009, 14:30 (Ref:2504217)   #9
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lorenzo left looking rather non-plussed -and can you blame him? He may be losing but he's got to be learning some lessons from the master here, which he's going to need against Stoner and Pedrobot in the post-Rossi years. He's just got to learn to swallow it in the meantime.

Rossi just keeps on doing it...
Old 19 Jul 2009, 18:14 (Ref:2504290)   #10
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
De Puniet total novice crash!! Hope Tech3 dont sign him as their budget will have to be increased tenfold!!
so you're saying they should keep toseland ??

bloody bbc jinxed Randy .. finishing all the races so far this year .. if he would've just waited for a a lap or two to warm his tyres .. I would've liked a Randy vs Alex battle ..

Lorenzo got me worried for a few laps .. but Rossi outdid him .

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Jul 2009, 18:46 (Ref:2504302)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just coz I am English does not mean I ahve a xenophobic attechment to UK riders

Toseland has been woeful this year and I will be amazed if he stays on the thing for every race!!

Your point about De Puniet is what? If he had a tinge of common sense he would have realised that where he crashed is the most dangerous and fastest corner, and he hadnt used the right hand side of teh tyre for 30 seconds!! He is an idiot
Old 19 Jul 2009, 20:04 (Ref:2504337)   #12
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wasn't implying that .. just that Randy would be an improvement for Tech3 .. crashes or not

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Jul 2009, 21:00 (Ref:2504412)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I somehow doubt that

He is a proven crasher and though probably quicker than Toseland is certain to cost the team if not as much then mroe in damage

And he has many years more experience, a thing that Toseland will never be able to have on borrowed time as he has been this year
Old 19 Jul 2009, 23:00 (Ref:2504493)   #14
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Suzuki are poo too, Vermeulen should go the same way as Toseland... Dont think jorge can beat rossi - probably not on a honda either, the man is just simply the best!
Old 19 Jul 2009, 23:09 (Ref:2504500)   #15
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, all things considered, Lorenzo is doing a pretty impressive job. When you consider the rider he is attempting to beat, well, it isn't like he is floundering.

IMO, it is way, way, way, too early to be discounting Lorenzo. I mean, don't get me wrong, if one had their house on the line, well, you're going to be sleep easier having it on Rossi, but, well, there comes a time for everything.

The season is a long way from over.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 01:48 (Ref:2504551)   #16
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Jorge is doing brilliant, he cant pressure Rossi anymore, he just needs to pull of a crazy move to get one back on Rossi - and i think "crazy" is what the move will have to be to get past Valentino. Whoever is sitting in 3rd will be licking there lips when this move happens
Old 20 Jul 2009, 19:58 (Ref:2505052)   #17
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good heavens, what on earth happened to Suzuki? Completely anonymous.
They must be scratching their heads.

125s - What could Jonas Folger do if he qualified further up the grid and stayed on the bike till the end?

I had high hopes for Stefan Bradl this season but it seems to be going from bad to worse. What is going on with him?
Old 20 Jul 2009, 22:39 (Ref:2505137)   #18
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
He has been terrible compared to last year. Should've been a championship contender - would've thought his bikes where the same spec as Aspar...
Old 21 Jul 2009, 16:15 (Ref:2505535)   #19
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi all, just watched the german races yesterday (250 and gp) and noticed something very interesting in the motogp race.....

on lap 24 somewhere (if you save your races, check it out) of the Motogp race, Stoner was with Rossi, and in the feed I watched, there was the graph showing braking, acceleration for the two of them.

As they were nose to tail, in mid corner coming out of it,Rossi was trailing throttle and gradually increasing it as they exit, whereas Stoner's graph seemed to be nearly pinned even in mid corner-------for me this was the first time I was able to acknowledge the stuff I have read about the Ducati and the traction control effect.

I haave read of photos of Stoner mid corner, with his wrist deep down in the throttle, of other riders commenting on it, but this was the first time that I was able to discern it. I am pretty sure that the data would have been live with picture, and no, it certainly didnt seem to be just the accordian effect of diff spots on track or thru the corner, as they were really darn close to each other.

check it out and see if you spot it as well, it made me sit up on my couch...

I remember hearing first hand TC at the Montreal F1 race perhaps 6,7,8 years ago, that blah sounding stutter--but watching Motogp races on the tele, I haave never been able to hear it, so this was the first time that a visual confirmed what I have read about.

anyone else? If I am right, then this did show how diff the Yammy and Ducati are set up electronically, as Rossi certainly didnt seem to be riding "pinned" where all instinct would scream "NO" (makes me sympathize a bit more with Hayden and the others after seeing this, must go against all ingrown instincts.)

whaddya all think?
Old 21 Jul 2009, 19:03 (Ref:2505666)   #20
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it sucks. But what can Casey do?
Old 21 Jul 2009, 19:58 (Ref:2505694)   #21
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I also didn’t see the race till yesterday, watched it on the DVR. That definitely was a “classic” 800 race. Ok, not a classic in that I’ll never forget that race. What I mean is; the racing is just different now. The race kind of reminded me of the 990 race at Sachsenring in 2006 between Rossi, Melandri, Hayden and Pedrosa. However, it just lacked that excitement that you knew any of those four guys could win the race. This time around, it seemed more predictable. It is also a bit more follow the leader now than it was just three or four years ago. And you couldn’t throw a blanket over the finishing four as they crossed the checkered flag.

With that said, watching the race last night I came to a new appreciation of the 800’s. One thing I noticed, you can really tell they are pushing the absolute limits. Traction control assisted or not, these guys are seriously flying. And I loved the F1 slow motion shot in the middle of the race. That was a long time coming. So yes, the bikes are much more closely matched. And it’s more difficult for the riders to pass each other. But there is still a spectacle in the racing and I’m learning to take it for what it is.
Old 21 Jul 2009, 20:11 (Ref:2505699)   #22
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I will always ahve a desire to waych bikes and riders in complete harmony

But I feelo that Dorna will eventually d something about the technology. It is a very simply way to cut costs and by bringing ina contraol ECU they can make racing a little more like current F1 by perhaps shaking the grid up a bit.

Everyone can see that with another rider and more development time the Kawasaki is perhaps up there with the quickest bikes and with perhaps a coupld of days testing could be in there

I understand the positives about TC and tech but simply saying "you will get used to it" is not enough

THe show was being ruined in F1 and it is in GP, if Rossi wasnt there please believe it folks there would be a massive drop off in viewers. I know plennty of people who watch just to see him win!!

Watching Scalextric machines on a track might do for Gt fans or old F1 but bike racing fans need more and they are not getting it in GP right now as much as they could be Or in WSBK I might add where the bikes are more slidey but still the guys who can afford the nest tech win
Old 21 Jul 2009, 22:47 (Ref:2505772)   #23
djb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidStHubbins View Post
I think it sucks. But what can Casey do?
gotta hand it to him, he makes the sucker work, no matter how....

"One thing I noticed, you can really tell they are pushing the absolute limits".--yup, although lets face it, guys racing Norton 500s or whatever have always pushed it to the limit, that is what makes a racer a racer--and yes, it was ubercool seeing the super slow mo, seeing the lifted cockeyed front ends come down on landing with the bikes going the other way and juddering the whole front end, really cool.

and Chunder, yes, one would hope that it will get scaled back in the years to come, at least so to allow the real ballsey fellows to show their stuff more as well as eliminating the cost of it all.

btw, J, nice to see you had a good weekend for the Laguna race, i was out of town, so didnt see it. cheers