Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Aug 2011, 16:01 (Ref:2942568)   #1
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Indian Grand Prix in Doubt

I know this is the opposite of my thread title, but being extremely cynical I usually find that for example, when Person A strenuously denies that they are leaving the team, two months later, Person A leaves the team...
Anyway, here's the link to Autosport: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93804
Old 18 Aug 2011, 16:13 (Ref:2942575)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that's exactly what he said about the korean track too and that was ready... JUST.

meanwhile in my experience the indians will quickly come out with some "look how finished our circuit is" photos of one corner from many angles, carefully omitting the unfinished pit buildings in the background, all the time swearing blind it's so ready you could hold a f1 race tomorrow

/end stereotype
Old 18 Aug 2011, 16:16 (Ref:2942576)   #3
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah you have a point, but from the progress I've seen in videos and pictures, I'm feeling pretty good about the race going ahead. There's big support behind the track, with plenty of workers on site, so I think we should be confident in it going ahead. Seeing animated videos of what the track will look like, I'm really excited, so I can't wait until the race finally gets here. I think F1 has a lot better chance of taking off in India(which has a lot more open society), than in China, where it hasn't really changed much.
Old 18 Aug 2011, 17:18 (Ref:2942601)   #4
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it seems no country is immune from civil dissent and India may also be on the verge of massive unrest inspired by this man.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-14525537

their government's failure to stem wide spread corruption will lead to strikes and protests in the major cities and from there the rest of the country. i imagine they will be peaceful for the most part so it wont be a safety issue but i have my doubts that work will continue unaffected so close to Delhi.
Old 18 Aug 2011, 19:09 (Ref:2942644)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Should be OK. Better hope that there isn't any International Cricket scheduled for the same period.
Old 18 Aug 2011, 20:04 (Ref:2942675)   #6
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Should be OK. Better hope that there isn't any International Cricket scheduled for the same period.

I thought they'd given that up as a bad job?
Old 18 Aug 2011, 20:19 (Ref:2942683)   #7
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Commonwealth Games weren't gonna happen last year but they went ahead.
Just don't lean against any walls or you'll get wet paint on your shirt.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 03:24 (Ref:2942779)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not going to hold my breath.

Great job with the Cricket.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 12:38 (Ref:2942919)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Never mind the Cricket!

What about the Snakessssssssss.

Old 19 Aug 2011, 12:55 (Ref:2942928)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Annnhhhh... back on topic or should the thread be closed by the lack of matter in the subject ?
Old 19 Aug 2011, 13:20 (Ref:2942933)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Slow news week(s).

India will happen. Just not sure how well it will happen.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 17:20 (Ref:2943033)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
It's defintely going ahead alright, and it hasn't exactly been a slow news week, perhaps just for you Marbot.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 22:18 (Ref:2943169)   #13
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Never mind the Cricket!

What about the Snakessssssssss.

Riki Tiki Tavi will sort that Cobra out. Here he is in action.

Old 7 Sep 2011, 08:31 (Ref:2952032)   #14
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weekend tickets are on sale, anybody aware if there will be tickets sold for just the Friday or Saturday, without the need to buy a ticket for the whole weekend?
Old 7 Sep 2011, 09:23 (Ref:2952054)   #15
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah it'll probably happen, unfortuantly.

What's that noise I keep heaing? Hmmm, must be more deserving tracks...