Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Sep 2018, 07:54 (Ref:3853415)   #26
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Hopefully the F1 cars will go 10 wide into the first corner like the F3 cars did....
Old 30 Sep 2018, 08:45 (Ref:3853421)   #27
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Hopefully the F1 cars will go 10 wide into the first corner like the F3 cars did....
Hmmmmm...mebbe Stroll could get a win outa that.....

jimclark
Old 30 Sep 2018, 09:57 (Ref:3853432)   #28
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well done to Bottas, he needed to be back on form and he’s done it
Old 30 Sep 2018, 10:31 (Ref:3853434)   #29
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
FOM issues a note to all teams:

If a driver cuts behind the apex of a corner, on the exit of Turn 2 for example, but doesn’t gain a place or a clear time advantage, no action is likely. But a second occurrence will result in a report to the stewards.

A report will also be made to the stewards immediately if any driver is suspected of deliberately cutting a corner in order to avoid being overtaken. This will be reported as a possible case of leaving the track without a justifiable reason.

I think they had Max Verstappen in their thoughts when the second paragraph was put down.

Old 30 Sep 2018, 11:10 (Ref:3853444)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Apparently Hamilton has an oil leakage issue.
Old 30 Sep 2018, 11:15 (Ref:3853446)   #31
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was a very clean start, with Vettel nearly getting the better of Hamilton.
Old 30 Sep 2018, 11:24 (Ref:3853450)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Impressive driving from Verstappen, as he is up to 7th. Meanwhile sister team STR have a double retirement, despite those Honda upgrades.
Old 30 Sep 2018, 12:42 (Ref:3853456)   #33
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Lewis wins it but Bottas was hard done by.
Old 30 Sep 2018, 12:43 (Ref:3853457)   #34
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Didn't watch but I'm surprised looking at the results how close to the Mercedes cars Vettel managed to finish.
Old 30 Sep 2018, 12:53 (Ref:3853461)   #35
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Impressive driving from Verstappen, as he is up to 7th. Meanwhile sister team STR have a double retirement, despite those Honda upgrades.
they were running the old engine, they only tested the new engines on friday, they are saving them for Suzuka

both cars retired with brake issues
Old 30 Sep 2018, 12:59 (Ref:3853468)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
The post race interviews were rather awkward and the whole thing is rather subdued. From a PR point of view, I don't think Mercedes did themselves any favours.
Old 30 Sep 2018, 13:05 (Ref:3853471)   #37
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thought this would be the case. Unless Lewis retires from a race Bottas will jave no chance to win. Glad I didn't watch it.
Old 30 Sep 2018, 13:22 (Ref:3853478)   #38
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Thought this would be the case. Unless Lewis retires from a race Bottas will jave no chance to win. Glad I didn't watch it.
Good choice you made there.

For me, the leaders not more than 5 secs apart ('cept stops) and Max; other stuff behind, provided plenty of entertainment.

As always, there's something for everyone. Choices are great, no?

jimclark
Old 30 Sep 2018, 17:55 (Ref:3853574)   #39
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
IMHO Mercedes made a good driver look like a cheat, a slightly less talented driver look like a fool, F1 look like farce, and the fans feel cheated. If the FIA had any sense they would punish the team by removing all points they scored in this race. Team orders might be ok if in the last few races things are close but at this stage and with Hamilton so far ahead it just makes F! look foolish.
Old 30 Sep 2018, 18:07 (Ref:3853582)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
IMHO Mercedes made a good driver look like a cheat, a slightly less talented driver look like a fool, F1 look like farce, and the fans feel cheated. If the FIA had any sense they would punish the team by removing all points they scored in this race. Team orders might be ok if in the last few races things are close but at this stage and with Hamilton so far ahead it just makes F! look foolish.
Mercedes didn't make Bottas look like a fool, they made themselves and Hamilton look like fools. This will resonate, just like Schumacher and Barrichello. Otherwise yes, have their points deducted, though unfortunately that won't happen.
Old 30 Sep 2018, 18:09 (Ref:3853584)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
A non idiotic decision
Old 30 Sep 2018, 18:16 (Ref:3853586)   #42
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Double brake failure for both Toro Rosso's at the start,a bit odd?.
Old 30 Sep 2018, 18:40 (Ref:3853592)   #43
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is the worst thing that has happened in the history of F1, no in the history of sport. People might have bet on Battas winning, stupid people, but nonetheless. This must be illegal. Why can’t the sport be like the old days when men were real men and team orders simply meant come into he pits and give your car to someone else. Fortunately I didn’t see any of this because I sold my telly after Austria 2002.
Old 30 Sep 2018, 18:51 (Ref:3853600)   #44
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nobody likes team orders, but can any of us say we'd do it differently if we were in charge? It makes sense.
Old 30 Sep 2018, 19:09 (Ref:3853608)   #45
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
This is the worst thing that has happened in the history of F1, no in the history of sport. People might have bet on Battas winning, stupid people, but nonetheless. This must be illegal. Why can’t the sport be like the old days when men were real men and team orders simply meant come into he pits and give your car to someone else. Fortunately I didn’t see any of this because I sold my telly after Austria 2002.
Stoop being a prat.

Of course team prdra are accepted. Indeed if there was an imperative such as only two races to go an the points were owe than if course swap the drivers. But as I understand it Lewis had a big enough lead to make this facile. Irony is fine but grow up.
Old 30 Sep 2018, 19:21 (Ref:3853609)   #46
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Stoop being a prat.

Quote:
Of course team prdra are accepted. Indeed if there was an imperative such as only two races to go an the points were owe than if course swap the drivers. But as I understand it Lewis had a big enough lead to make this facile. Irony is fine but grow up.
In my being a prat I am hiding a point. Part of which you realise. Whenever we have this we start from zero. With disregard for the past or the acceptance of a complicated issue. I am trying to speed up the inevitable.

The trouble with using a definition of only using team orders when necessary is the definition of necessary. Only when you are behind in the championship, only when less than one race win points ahead? Two race wins? With only one race to go, two, ...? Yes, it is very unlikely this will make the difference, but it may.

Who defines this? I suppose each person does individually, the fans, each team, occasionally, when they ban them, the governing body. So in this case the only people who matter, in that they actually have a choice, when they define the limit of acceptability here is the team.

I’d have preferred they didn’t use the team orders, or reversed it. I’d have liked them and respected them for it.

However I support them having the right to chose to do what they want. Even if the romantic in me doesn’t like it.

You are right, I was too much of a prat to get that across first time. I’m just frustrated with Groundhog Day.
Old 30 Sep 2018, 19:29 (Ref:3853611)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
FWIW (nowt, but more than my opinion),

Hamilton didn’t want team orders https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...et-him-through

Vettel fine with them https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...cedes-strategy
Old 30 Sep 2018, 19:42 (Ref:3853616)   #48
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
If the FIA do not accept that the behaviour of toto wolfe brought the sport into the lowest point in it's entire life then perhaps letting them slowly kill it is the direction they want.
Old 30 Sep 2018, 19:42 (Ref:3853617)   #49
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am a bit of a purist and I love motor racing in all sorts of so formats and I detest these team order; F1 is a complete sham in this respect. Shameful decision to switch Bottas and even worse was the non penalty given to Vettell for the double move in front of Hamilton, Vettell clearly made 2 moves into the braking area and yet the stewards deemed that it was legal, the whole thing is but a shadow of former self.
Old 30 Sep 2018, 19:44 (Ref:3853619)   #50
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I am a bit of a purist and I love motor racing in all sorts of formats and I accept team orders