Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you think it is?
Hamilton 0 0%
Bottas 0 0%
Vettel 2 5.26%
Räikkönen 1 2.63%
Verstappen 20 52.63%
Ricciardo 1 2.63%
Hülkenberg 2 5.26%
Sainz 0 0%
Magnussen 0 0%
Grosjean 0 0%
Alonso 0 0%
Vandoorne 10 26.32%
Gasly 0 0%
Hartley 1 2.63%
Pérez 0 0%
Ocon 0 0%
Leclerc 0 0%
Ericsson 1 2.63%
Stroll 0 0%
Sirotkin 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 Oct 2018, 15:13 (Ref:3859597)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Mexican Grand Prix 2018

Who do you think it is?
Old 28 Oct 2018, 17:58 (Ref:3859611)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Leclerc.
Old 28 Oct 2018, 21:01 (Ref:3859644)   #3
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vandoorne finishing 8th! Max as a good 2nd.
Old 28 Oct 2018, 21:34 (Ref:3859655)   #4
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Maxico who else
Old 28 Oct 2018, 21:38 (Ref:3859658)   #5
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Maxico who else
Indeed! Superstar!!
Old 28 Oct 2018, 21:44 (Ref:3859659)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vandoorne, getting the dog of a McLaren to 8th was no mean feat
Old 28 Oct 2018, 21:47 (Ref:3859661)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Max
Old 29 Oct 2018, 09:44 (Ref:3859710)   #8
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It would be so easy and obvious to say Verstappen, but I think he was flattered by the quirky nature of the circuit (altitude) and the Red Bull's freaky suitability for the conditions. So I gave it to the quiet man who was best-of-the-rest again in this race, and is best-of-the-rest in the championship too: Nico Hulkenberg.
Old 29 Oct 2018, 10:43 (Ref:3859717)   #9
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Danny Ricc for not turning that blasted RBR hard left into the wall and knocking all four corners off it.
Might even have brought Seb back into the mix, 8 retirements, simply unacceptable.
Old 29 Oct 2018, 12:56 (Ref:3859745)   #10
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Vandoorne. Getting that dog into the points is impressive. Kudos to Max, The Hulk, Leclerc and Gasly.
Old 29 Oct 2018, 13:30 (Ref:3859758)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Vandoroone could have got my vote for a very fine drive but Max was a class apart so he gets my vote
Old 29 Oct 2018, 14:34 (Ref:3859765)   #12
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Max for me. great start, all be it aided by his reputation to take guys out meant LH had to give way. a reputation for being dangerous isnt always a bad thing.

also his willingness to let the team do what they needed to with the engine, even insisting on it, showed a big improvement in his race craft imo.

controlled a very weird race in an inferior car here and for the second year in a row.
Old 29 Oct 2018, 14:57 (Ref:3859773)   #13
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Max for me. great start, all be it aided by his reputation to take guys out meant LH had to give way. a reputation for being dangerous isnt always a bad thing.
His reputation certainly helps in some scenarios - people know he's going to go for gaps and know he's going to defend hard. At least you know where you stand when you're racing against Max - it's more of a magical mystery tour every time you try and overtake Stroll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
controlled a very weird race in an inferior car here and for the second year in a row.
Not sure you can call the Red Bull an inferior car at this circuit - they topped every session throughout the weekend!
Old 29 Oct 2018, 15:04 (Ref:3859774)   #14
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Not sure you can call the Red Bull an inferior car at this circuit - they topped every session throughout the weekend!
true the conditions, both the track and the strategies in play, flattered the RB but in this current era, all cars are inferior to the Merc and Ferrari works teams imo.
Old 29 Oct 2018, 15:35 (Ref:3859779)   #15
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I gave my vote to Vandoorne but Kudos to Max
Old 29 Oct 2018, 16:20 (Ref:3859787)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Max, pretty much perfect.
Old 29 Oct 2018, 17:50 (Ref:3859807)   #17
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Verstappen, he was not going to let anyone else take this win and once again proves how well he can bounce back from disappointment.
Old 29 Oct 2018, 18:06 (Ref:3859809)   #18
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Vandoorne did wonders with his Prius…Well done Max, I gave it to Stoffel
Old 29 Oct 2018, 23:50 (Ref:3859851)   #19
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I gave it to Vandoorne.

Am I the only one in thinking that Vettel also had a pretty good race? He was cautious at the start, but drove well afterwards and passed a Red Bull and a Mercedes on track.
Old 30 Oct 2018, 07:45 (Ref:3859888)   #20
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Like he does many many times this season but you'll be hard pressed to find people acknowledge that here. In fact, Raikkonen is a better driver and would have won the championship if Ferrari had backed him. Apparently.
Old 30 Oct 2018, 10:01 (Ref:3859902)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Like he does many many times this season but you'll be hard pressed to find people acknowledge that here. In fact, Raikkonen is a better driver and would have won the championship if Ferrari had backed him. Apparently.
Does Mr Vettel get an extra point because this round he didn’t crash into a Red Bull whilst trying to overtake them?

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Oct 2018, 10:12 (Ref:3859909)   #22
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
My driver of the race is...

As per my prediction HERE, thanks to this fella, I should be able to retire a little sooner. Thanks Seb!

Old 30 Oct 2018, 11:24 (Ref:3859924)   #23
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If this was a 3/2/1 system points would go to Verstappen, Vandoorne and Ricciardo... but 1 vote goes to Max
Old 30 Oct 2018, 11:32 (Ref:3859929)   #24
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Does Mr Vettel get an extra point because this round he didn’t crash into a Red Bull whilst trying to overtake them?

No - because he banged wheels with a Red Bull (first lap I think).
Old 30 Oct 2018, 11:49 (Ref:3859933)   #25
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Max just gets the nod from Stoffel for me.

I think those 2 were the standouts.

Credit to Vettel for a good charge, Leclerc for once again showing what a class driver he really is.