Haas 0 0%
Racing Point 0 0%
Williams 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Sep 2019, 12:52 (Ref:3929418)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the Grand Prix: Singapore Grand Prix 2019

Who gets your vote?
Old 22 Sep 2019, 14:24 (Ref:3929434)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ferrari might be the obvious choice but they were a bit lucky imo. undercut was right but i dont like how Leclerc slowed the pace at the beginning. hindsight but lucky it didnt bite them.

RB for a great stop to be so close to SV after their stop. they managed Max well.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 18:15 (Ref:3929470)   #3
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ferrari for me.... they might have shafted Leclerc in the process,but they turned a1-3 into a 1-2
Old 22 Sep 2019, 18:19 (Ref:3929474)   #4
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ferrari finally nailed a strategy.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 19:12 (Ref:3929488)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ferrari, they are finally getting their strategy together, even though it was much to Leclerc's chagrin.
Old 22 Sep 2019, 20:07 (Ref:3929510)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ferrari. Great 1-2 although shame Leclerc was stuffed by the strategy.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 04:38 (Ref:3929577)   #7
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari, with kudos to Red Bull.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 08:10 (Ref:3929599)   #8
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unquestionably Ferrari.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 10:41 (Ref:3929633)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
the red cars dominated that race
Old 23 Sep 2019, 11:05 (Ref:3929641)   #10
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As much as I didn't want to, Ferrari got my vote. Their strategists earned their corn this weekend.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 19:26 (Ref:3929758)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
but did they though?

for me the intentional slow pace of Leclerc in the opening stint was unusual in that we never see a pole sitter in a top car fail to generate enough of a gap in their opening stint to pit and come out well ahead of the midfield pack. such is the advantage of the top teams over the rest.

maybe its the nature of the track, but even this year in Monaco (and i think i am correct here) LH led every lap from pole and even if he had lost a place or two during his stop he would have still come out well ahead of the midfield (baring a massive mistake in the pits).

smarter minds then mine out there but i dont think this is a stratagem we will see again at the track. honestly, i cant think of the last time(modern era of tires/PU rules) where the pole sitter intentionally adopted a strategy that would require them to feed back into the mid field and then pass all that traffic in order to win....let alone such a strategy working.

i guess credit for being different. maybe they gamed the system???
Old 23 Sep 2019, 19:45 (Ref:3929761)   #12
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I think going slowly was needed to keep those stupid Pirelli soft tires alive just long enough to make sure the rest of the race could be done on a single set of other Pirelli junk.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 19:52 (Ref:3929764)   #13
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I think going slowly was needed to keep those stupid Pirelli soft tires alive just long enough to make sure the rest of the race could be done on a single set of other Pirelli junk.

fair point!