Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Nov 2019, 22:28 (Ref:3942435)   #51
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How bloody good, and somewhat ironic, was Pye's drive through the field to 6th?
Old 24 Nov 2019, 00:20 (Ref:3942442)   #52
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article, A note from VASC

Dear Team owners,

I was disappointed to read the recent public social media comments and associated media coverage regarding various sledges and abuse by drivers and team representatives.

Over the years, and certainly during my time at Supercars, we have been keen to encourage more comments and opinion from teams and drivers and to increase driver engagement with our media partners and fans.

But as in all sports, there is a line that must not be crossed where malicious and unfounded accusations made against specific teams, drivers or stewards goes beyond robust competition and starts to bring the category and sport into disrepute.

The recent comments likening Scott McLaughlin to Lance Armstrong, and similar offensive commentary, errs into the realm of bringing the sport into disrepute. The comments are a clear allegation of cheating and implicate Scott and his team as well as Supercars and CAMS' stewards.

There are obviously provisions in the Code of Conduct and Operations Manual that can be activated against those disregarding these requirements, but I would prefer to provide this warning so that matters don't unnecessarily escalate.

If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact me directly, as I am always available to drivers and teams to express their concerns.

Have a good weekend and good luck on track.

Sean
Story Here

Perhaps had Supercar handled the whole incident(s!) properly from start to finish, managing the media output, the output to teams, the anti-DJRTP and their drivers wouldn’t be so heated!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 Nov 2019, 00:24 (Ref:3942443)   #53
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would have though that holding up the entire field by 50 seconds to advantage your teammate would be bringing the sport into disrepute.
Old 24 Nov 2019, 01:53 (Ref:3942454)   #54
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have thought you do that to advantage yourself from the double stack, not sure where you get the disrepute from though.

But I guess yours, like mine, is nothing more than an opinion. Each to their own.
Old 24 Nov 2019, 01:56 (Ref:3942455)   #55
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1 View Post
I would have thought you do that to advantage yourself from the double stack, not sure where you get the disrepute from though.

But I guess yours, like mine, is nothing more than an opinion. Each to their own.
More than half the field was stuck behind him including the car that finished second, which was going to jump Scott when he pitted.
Team is lucky Supercars have no balls to disqualify the whole team for it.
Old 24 Nov 2019, 02:40 (Ref:3942458)   #56
Speedy400
Racer

Speedy400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pye did not compare SM to Armstrong.
If anything he compared his team to Armstrong.
Old 24 Nov 2019, 02:54 (Ref:3942460)   #57
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy400 View Post
Pye did not compare SM to Armstrong.

If anything he compared his team to Armstrong.
It was Percat, but you are right.

I just can't get why the fastest and formerly most likeable guy we have seen in ages has got the self confidence of a baby. None of this would have happened if he hadn't whined about all the social media. We know the social channels are feral, but if you complain about it, you stoke the fire.

People literally accuse Roland & 888 of cheating every other weekend, but nobody bites because they don't give a ****.
Old 24 Nov 2019, 02:55 (Ref:3942461)   #58
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Speaking of Pye those were some good passes in yesterday’s race. Hopefully today provides more action
Old 24 Nov 2019, 02:56 (Ref:3942462)   #59
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Speaking of Pye those were some good passes in yesterday’s race. Hopefully today provides more action
How can it be the only times WAU go any good are the street circuits?
Old 24 Nov 2019, 04:07 (Ref:3942472)   #60
Speedy400
Racer

Speedy400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks @mixer

From what I’ve seen, the other drivers have responded to SM calling the pit lane toxic etc.
the other drivers have responded rather than started the fight.

SM to me is coming across as a cry baby. A very fast cry baby...
Old 24 Nov 2019, 04:17 (Ref:3942475)   #61
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
More than half the field was stuck behind him including the car that finished second, which was going to jump Scott when he pitted.
It would have had to pit for fuel just like Jamie did because of the extra downforce and drag the commodores received due to their incessant whinging.
Old 24 Nov 2019, 05:16 (Ref:3942478)   #62
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Again, thanks for your pinion.
Old 24 Nov 2019, 05:47 (Ref:3942482)   #63
Maggo
Racer

Germany
Maggo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally a SC
Old 24 Nov 2019, 05:49 (Ref:3942484)   #64
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know the setting is beautiful but in terms of actually being able to race this might be one of the worst circuits on the calendar.
Old 24 Nov 2019, 07:03 (Ref:3942489)   #65
Maggo
Racer

Germany
Maggo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Courtney in P11 with 5 Pitstops! How is that possible?
Old 24 Nov 2019, 07:28 (Ref:3942492)   #66
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gee that new and improved hairpin section delivered heaps of overtaking as Mark Skaife kept spruiking. Has anyone ever thought Skaife ain't much of a track designer? Newcastle feels like Canberra by the sea.
Old 24 Nov 2019, 07:44 (Ref:3942494)   #67
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And DJRTP take the trifecta - Bathurst, the Drivers' Championship, and now the Teams' championship.

What an awesome result.
Old 24 Nov 2019, 08:08 (Ref:3942497)   #68
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit of a sedate weekend.

Congratulations DJRTP.

888 finished the year strong, but you have to go all the way back to 2005. That was the last time they finished the year without either a championship or Bathurst.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 24 Nov 2019, 09:02 (Ref:3942505)   #69
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
And DJRTP take the trifecta - Bathurst, the Drivers' Championship, and now the Teams' championship.

What an awesome result.
How good is that Forda, a long time coming but well done and well deserved by all involved at DJR/TP.
Old 24 Nov 2019, 09:33 (Ref:3942508)   #70
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
How good is that Forda, a long time coming but well done and well deserved by all involved at DJR/TP.
The Champion Manufacturer title award can also be thrown into the equation for good measure as well.
Old 24 Nov 2019, 09:35 (Ref:3942509)   #71
leothedrummer
Racer

leothedrummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I counted two televised for position overtakes during the Saturday race. Didn't bother watching todays as I watched the Super GT x DTM dream race instead. More overtaking in 1 weekend than an entire Supercars season.

I really hope that the attempts to improve the racing works and that they take this seriously because it's a major problem.
Old 24 Nov 2019, 11:19 (Ref:3942524)   #72
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Congratulations to DJRTP for winning the Teams Title, Ford for winning the Manufacturers Title, and Mr McLaughlin for winning the Drivers Title.

Thank you to GRM for years of participation and commitment, even when it didn’t always work for you, you were there.

Thank you to the pilots now without homes, or full time Supercar homes, to Mr Stanaway, Mr Golding, Mr Slade, Ms De Silvestro.. and maybe a few more.. you will have other thngs to do next year, yet your contribution over a number of seasons is well known & appreciated. Ms SdS I hope you truly kick arse in Porsche next year!

To Nissan. Thank you for participating these last 7 seasons. The cars were not always competitive despite the efforts of your contracted team. Ironic that on the same day you leave the series, the Altima is the car delivering Bryce Fullwood Nissan’s first Super2 series win.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 Nov 2019, 13:27 (Ref:3942555)   #73
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leothedrummer View Post
I think I counted two televised for position overtakes during the Saturday race. Didn't bother watching todays as I watched the Super GT x DTM dream race instead. More overtaking in 1 weekend than an entire Supercars season.

I really hope that the attempts to improve the racing works and that they take this seriously because it's a major problem.
If they cut the downforce like they promise then maybe... That and better fuel endurance.

As an aside - Tickford most improved team? Ignoring the occasional driver muppetry, obviously.
Old 24 Nov 2019, 20:38 (Ref:3942610)   #74
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
To Nissan. Thank you for participating these last 7 seasons. The cars were not always competitive despite the efforts of your contracted team. Ironic that on the same day you leave the series, the Altima is the car delivering Bryce Fullwood Nissan’s first Super2 series win.
Sadly Nissan never tried a second team, which should have been obvious from the second year of KR's effort.
Old 25 Nov 2019, 02:04 (Ref:3942659)   #75
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leothedrummer View Post

Haven't seen Saturday but could it be a case of when you line the cars up in order of fastest to slowest can you be surprised when that's how they stay? Of course the pitstops should trigger some action in that regard.

Sunday was a bit different with fast cars coming from the back of the grid.

In addition to aero, they need to look at ways of reducing the advantage the big teams have or should I say increase the opportunity for getting out-of-order grids.