Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Aug 2006, 01:22 (Ref:1669532)   #26
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive
Am I a cynic or do the rules still favour ferrari
Well,it could be argued that Ferrari wouldn't be doing half as well if last years tyre rule was still in place.RedBull FERRARI,for whatever reason,voted in favour of tyre changes at one of those meetings they have,and swung the decision in favour of tyre changes.Why they should do this when Michelin clearly had an advantage is beyond me.

So now we have tyre changes because along with refuelling it clearly adds to the excitement of a GP. *sarcasm*
Old 1 Aug 2006, 01:38 (Ref:1669537)   #27
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
The post-2002 qualifying changes were also deigend to help Ferrari.

Let us not forget the 2005 longlife tyres rule, as it was designed to help Ferrari.
Old 1 Aug 2006, 02:11 (Ref:1669551)   #28
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton

Let us not forget the 2005 longlife tyres rule, as it was designed to help Ferrari.

You would have thought so considering the amount of testing they did.

I'm just glad that a couple of the other teams managed to get their engines reliable before the June 2006 homologation cut-off. I wonder if this homologation reg would have come about if Ferrari were still having reliability problems (more wood on fire).
Old 29 Aug 2011, 23:36 (Ref:2948026)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure if anyone has seen the American series 'Suits' but in its 3rd episode, there is a Midland F1 car which is a centrepiece to the story. Engines are supplied to that car from a fictitious mob called 'McKernon Motors' and in the workshop, there are several undressed F1 show engines, one of which has a Mugen-esque logo on the rocker cover

Funny how an old F1 car was used as a backdrop for a series set in New York.. and that there are Honda bits and pieces in the background.

Its worth a look, just to see whats what...

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 Aug 2011, 23:49 (Ref:2948029)   #30
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Thoroughly enjoyed squinting at the F1 bits too.
Enjoy the Suits series as well.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 00:00 (Ref:2948035)   #31
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting... but bring back an old thread is scary...
Old 30 Aug 2011, 00:26 (Ref:2948053)   #32
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Interesting... but bring back an old thread is scary...
Don't you think it is preferable to starting a new thread?

It at least comes with a background history and for me at least, a good refresher in the subject. Where a new thread tends to re-invent the wheel and plod through a lot of ground we have already covered.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 01:50 (Ref:2948078)   #33
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
What is this thread?

Adam I think this calls for atomic action...
Old 30 Aug 2011, 07:06 (Ref:2948127)   #34
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Not sure if anyone has seen the American series 'Suits' but in its 3rd episode, there is a Midland F1 car which is a centrepiece to the story. Engines are supplied to that car from a fictitious mob called 'McKernon Motors' and in the workshop, there are several undressed F1 show engines, one of which has a Mugen-esque logo on the rocker cover

Funny how an old F1 car was used as a backdrop for a series set in New York.. and that there are Honda bits and pieces in the background.

Its worth a look, just to see whats what...

I had to read this twice before I realised the series wasn't called 'Sluts'...
Old 30 Aug 2011, 08:05 (Ref:2948150)   #35
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
I had to read this twice before I realised the series wasn't called 'Sluts'...
My you are a credit to the English education system.

Or is it just wishful thinking?
Old 30 Aug 2011, 08:20 (Ref:2948156)   #36
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
My you are a credit to the English education system.

Or is it just wishful thinking?
The latter, Tarquin.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 08:45 (Ref:2948172)   #37
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
The latter, Tarquin.
Umm no, glad you have been exposed to Benjamin's works, but it would not seem to fit.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 10:18 (Ref:2948218)   #38
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

At 8am or whenever I read it, with sleepy eye the idea of a series called 'Sluts' seemed a feasible one. In the cold light of day it seems even better...
Old 30 Aug 2011, 13:36 (Ref:2948309)   #39
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
At 8am or whenever I read it, with sleepy eye the idea of a series called 'Sluts' seemed a feasible one. In the cold light of day it seems even better...
When you're right you're right.
No arguments there!
Old 30 Aug 2011, 15:52 (Ref:2948359)   #40
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
watched the first couple of episodes up til the "F1" episode. can't say i have ever seen a show (at least a NAmerican show) that even makes mention of F1. they even referenced the 8 engine a year rule!

not a bad show either. thanks for the info.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 17:12 (Ref:2948416)   #41
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gotta watch this one...