Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 28 Apr 2021, 18:52 (Ref:4048355)   #51
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's old ground but Lydden for me is the best circuit for overtaking (though less so with the narrowing of Chessons). I enjoyed going to Maasmechelen but overtaking was too tough. The racing at Loheac is awful unless it rains. Professional line on the swept dirt line. But the atmosphere is awesome. As awesome as Holjes is as a circuit and the atmosphere looks mega (never been, but want to go), it is a place that gets few overtakings in a race/weekend.

I thought Spa was excellent. Catalunya could be awesome but they ruin it with stupid kinks (just before jump, just before final left hairpin and just before the first proper right-hander) which ensure you cannot overtake. Coupled with a swept line on the so called dirt. As I said earlier, I feel I could design better circuits with just a bit of commonsense and understanding of what not to do.
Old 29 Apr 2021, 13:06 (Ref:4048457)   #52
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
I thought Spa was excellent. Catalunya could be awesome but they ruin it with stupid kinks (just before jump, just before final left hairpin and just before the first proper right-hander) which ensure you cannot overtake. Coupled with a swept line on the so called dirt. As I said earlier, I feel I could design better circuits with just a bit of commonsense and understanding of what not to do.
Moving the startline at Catalunya for me was the worst thing they did to that circuit. The starts there used to be awesome loved by both drivers and spectators. The new startline is probably the worst now with such a short run into a tight lefthander which invariably causes silly first corner incidents which split the field up, and has spoilt the last 2 finals there.
Old 4 May 2021, 14:32 (Ref:4049633)   #53
MANU MATADOR
Rookie

Portugal
porto
MANU MATADOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
Moving the start line at Catalunya for me was the worst thing they did to that circuit. The starts there used to be awesome loved by both drivers and spectators. The new startline is probably the worst now with such a short run into a tight lefthander which invariably causes silly first corner incidents which split the field up, and has spoilt the last 2 finals there.
Catalunya start line is just one of many errors done in the sport last years.
4/5 years ago RX got all to grow big, but zdeciders fuk in all points, tracks, classes, regulations of race, etc...
I remember 90's in RX and actually it's a joke in comparison.
Erx are soo poor, RX2 same thing. Classes like s1600 and tourisms are underrated, all cause of economy interests.
Tracks suffer of same disease money.
Money its the key factor to choose one track, not pilots, public or spectacle.
Regulations are a joke. Why just 6 cars on the final and semi, when in all countries you got 8 or more. Why soo few laps also. And why not balance things it inverted grids on heats.
I see a dark future for my favorite sport and i think this year go to be a very bad one to Rx.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 13:36 (Ref:4055547)   #54
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Tickets are on sale for Catalunya - so presumably they have enough entries to go ahead, although it's still very quiet on that front.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 13:56 (Ref:4055548)   #55
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So far I think we've got Enzo Ide, Kevin Abbring with GCK, Szabo and Gronholm in GRX and Kevin Hansen. So everyone's a winner!
Old 11 Jun 2021, 11:28 (Ref:4055707)   #56
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Andrew Jordan has posted a few hints about rallycross on his Instagram over the last few months, including what sounds like a bit of anti lag and launch yesterday. News apparently coming next week, do we reckon that it's RX and if so is it Nitro/World/Euro/British or something else?

Oh and Timmy has been confirmed https://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/a...g-to-reconquer
Old 11 Jun 2021, 12:10 (Ref:4055714)   #57
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jordan has said forever that away from BTCC he would love to do a proper go at rallycross again, he is heavily involved with historic cars aswell so that might mean he is only part time, but I guess he has the contacts tog et involved if he wants to, and maybe the budget to arrive and drive, not sure he would do that though these days, probably prefer to prep his own stuff
Old 11 Jun 2021, 12:41 (Ref:4055721)   #58
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
Jordan has said forever that away from BTCC he would love to do a proper go at rallycross again, he is heavily involved with historic cars aswell so that might mean he is only part time, but I guess he has the contacts tog et involved if he wants to, and maybe the budget to arrive and drive, not sure he would do that though these days, probably prefer to prep his own stuff
Definitely prepping a rallycross car at JRT, just not quite sure who/what for.
Old 22 Jun 2021, 09:56 (Ref:4057721)   #59
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Look who is back...

...the prospect of Johan behind the wheel of an Audi just massively ramped my excitement for the 2021 season up.
Old 22 Jun 2021, 17:55 (Ref:4057779)   #60
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Title contender #1
Old 26 Jun 2021, 05:41 (Ref:4058241)   #61
Silhuette
Racer

Silhuette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there an entry list somewhere?

Hansen two cars
Ide
Kristofferson
Grønholm two cars
Old 26 Jun 2021, 11:59 (Ref:4058287)   #62
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Abbring and Scheider as well.
Wikipedia is up to date if you ignore the 3 who will do a part season (Dubourgs and OOD)
Old 28 Jun 2021, 13:36 (Ref:4058642)   #63
MANU MATADOR
Rookie

Portugal
porto
MANU MATADOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should make easy nationals pilots race in there wrx events, like was in the past.
The problem actually is tge price of licenses and tax of inscription.

If they dont do this i fear that aren't sufficient cars to make 2 semis full grid.
Old 28 Jun 2021, 14:17 (Ref:4058654)   #64
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Why not just merge it with the European championship?
Old 28 Jun 2021, 15:00 (Ref:4058664)   #65
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post

Wouldn’t be the worst idea ever
Old 28 Jun 2021, 15:00 (Ref:4058665)   #66
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
3 car entry for All-Inkl at Barcelona:
Timo Scheider
Rene Munnich
Mandie August

All using the SEAT Ibizas (great looking rallycross car )
Old 28 Jun 2021, 17:04 (Ref:4058695)   #67
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
All using the SEAT Ibizas (great looking rallycross car )
Agreed: maybe some more adventurous liveries needed though (the grey Munnich car looked brilliant, but still wasn't exactly colourful!).

Juha Rytkonen confirmed in the Ikonen (ex-Gronholm) Fiesta for Barcelona, with more rounds (and possibly a full season) planned:

World Rallycross - Rytkonen Back

Juha was very quick in that car in the last RallyX Nordic round, so I hope he can be in the mix with the World RX regulars.

I think it is unlike that the numbers will get much above 12, but hopefully they are able to get more than a dozen consistent entries.
Old 28 Jun 2021, 18:48 (Ref:4058719)   #68
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Does WRX still have a different ECU?
Old 28 Jun 2021, 21:14 (Ref:4058740)   #69
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Does WRX still have a different ECU?
Latest version of the WRX regulations still mandate a homologated ECU, software and data acquisition system.

Given that the rules have been in place for a couple of years, I would think a few of the European drivers have upgraded by now.
Old 29 Jun 2021, 09:27 (Ref:4058801)   #70
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Oli Bennett is entered now for Barcelona - do we think these entries will all be full season or just part seasons?
Old 29 Jun 2021, 09:46 (Ref:4058803)   #71
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Be surprised if we see Rytkonen and Bennett do full seasons, but will probably do most the Euro rounds...although I seem to remember hearing that entry to the championship included the effort to get cars to fly away races, so maybe that's already sunk cost?

Not exactly a stellar field at the minute, although I do expect that RX Cartel will enter with at least Bakkerud, so that will hopefully add another potential race winner (as long as they're in something other than that Megane)
Old 29 Jun 2021, 09:48 (Ref:4058804)   #72
RichP
Rookie

RichP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No fly away races this season:
https://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/calendar
Old 29 Jun 2021, 10:06 (Ref:4058805)   #73
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ah, I thought they were still heading to the Middle East round. Must pay more attention
Old 29 Jun 2021, 10:10 (Ref:4058806)   #74
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichP View Post
No fly away races this season:
https://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/calendar
So it doesn't qualify as an FIA world championship - presumably they get a pass due to Covid?
Old 29 Jun 2021, 11:28 (Ref:4058815)   #75
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
So it doesn't qualify as an FIA world championship - presumably they get a pass due to Covid?
I guess it depends on whether 7 years would count as 'long-established'?

'2.4.3.c The FIA may exceptionally grant a waiver for a cup, trophy, challenge or series which can show long-established use of the word “World”.'