Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 27 Sep 2018, 17:20 (Ref:3853001)   #91
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I agree Greg, the WEC is the main event, but losing 2 hours isn't good enough reason for me to boycott the only chance I'll have to see the cars outside Le Mans next year. Aside from that, it's also 3 days with some good mates, some much needed exercise and a break from the norm. I'll be there (tickets already booked).
It is about time you made the effort and book for Spa, you know you will love it Andrew.
Old 27 Sep 2018, 17:26 (Ref:3853007)   #92
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Nearly Time...
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe, when I'm retired Simon - not so far away now, I hope.....
Old 27 Sep 2018, 17:32 (Ref:3853010)   #93
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Maybe, when I'm retired Simon - not so far away now, I hope.....
You still selling what is left of your life for money? surely you have enough of that by now, and you can never buy time back, been retired now over 6 years and never regretted it, and i am younger than you i think.
Old 27 Sep 2018, 18:00 (Ref:3853012)   #94
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Nearly Time...
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You're right, I need to go. Bit the missus and I wanted to downsize first and that just isn't happening..… But I'd despair if I'm not out of it by this time next year….
Old 16 Nov 2018, 08:04 (Ref:3863596)   #95
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2019/20 Prologue and Rookie Test dates and venues announced:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/1...okie-test.html
Old 16 Nov 2018, 16:51 (Ref:3863638)   #96
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Barcelona for the Prologue. What did Pail Ricard do? Is it the time of year, or did all those years of campaigning from Montserrat Caballé finally and fittingly pay off?
Old 17 Nov 2018, 05:20 (Ref:3863726)   #97
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Barcelona for the Prologue. What did Pail Ricard do? Is it the time of year, or did all those years of campaigning from Montserrat Caballé finally and fittingly pay off?
I was thinking maybe the French GP had something to do with it, but that's a month prior. So the logical conclusion is it's because of Alonso being Spanish
Old 17 Nov 2018, 06:29 (Ref:3863737)   #98
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I was thinking maybe the French GP had something to do with it, but that's a month prior. So the logical conclusion is it's because of Alonso being Spanish
That was certainly the conclusion I came to...not that I'm a cynic or conspiracy theorist.
Old 25 Nov 2018, 22:35 (Ref:3865890)   #99
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Why would Sebring need to be replaced?
It doesn't but as you can read here Neveu and co. might have different ideas after March:

(scroll down to second part)
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...020-21-season/
Old 25 Nov 2018, 22:46 (Ref:3865892)   #100
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Yes, it says the following:
Quote:
“This is fair to say, ‘to-be-confirmed’ because we need to have some [conditions] after the first event. At this moment the plan is to go to Sebring.
“We have to race first in 2019. If it works well, if the paddock is happy, we normally have a commitment to say that it’s for several years.
Of course it remains to be soon if the first race is a success but it's clearly stated that if it is the goal is to remain at Sebring. I don't see how this leads you to 'fully expect[ing] Sebring to replaced after 2019'.
Old 25 Nov 2018, 22:50 (Ref:3865894)   #101
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Yes, it says the following:
Of course it remains to be soon if the first race is a success but it's clearly stated that if it is the goal is to remain at Sebring. I don't see how this leads you to 'fully expect[ing] Sebring to replaced after 2019'.
Because Sebring is the opposite of everything that the WEC has done up to this point (Grade 1 tracks, VIP facilities, shared events, etc.).
Old 25 Nov 2018, 23:43 (Ref:3865906)   #102
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
It is indeed unique, next to Le Mans. But seeing as how the tickets were sold out in record time there seems to be enough interest anyway and I don't see why they would just keep it to one event if the points you mention are any consideration.
Old 26 Nov 2018, 06:38 (Ref:3865966)   #103
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I imagine that the ACO had to do quite of bit of work to be allowed onto the Sebring weekend. Given how popular Sebring is, and how lackluster COTA was, I don't see them turning back on that any time soon. The fact it isn't Grade 1 but the ACO still went there shows how much they wanted it. Although they had talks with Indy, but Indy wanted to be paid by WEC to race, whilst WEC wanted to be paid by Indy lol.

But then again, Silverstone was one of the most popular events and they tried to drop that and then cut the race distance, so who knows what they're thinking.
Old 26 Nov 2018, 15:24 (Ref:3866098)   #104
Coach Ep
Veteran

Finding a fitting spot on the calendar would have been a much bigger challenge for Indy as well as the mid-west climate is obviously much more restricting than the Florida one.
Old 27 Nov 2018, 14:14 (Ref:3866338)   #105
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
2019/20 Prologue and Rookie Test dates and venues announced:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/1...okie-test.html
Former adjusted:

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...24h-spa-clash/