Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Mar 2024, 16:26 (Ref:4202139)   #2826
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
That was a hideous question.
I did say early in the piece I was confused as to whether I should be using letters from the brand names or the model names.
I would never have got the answer even if I had all the right letters.
Im not going to ask you how you know of a US rapper called LA BLUE.
Act your age please.

I wont mention that there is only one B in La Blue whereas ERA B Type and MG B add up to 2 x Bs.
Oh Dear!, I must have some other celebrity in mind. Yes that's right, Mongolian singing star Lu Babe.

Sorry, Viv don't know what came over me.
Old 21 Mar 2024, 16:42 (Ref:4202140)   #2827
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Oh Dear!, I must have some other celebrity in mind.
The penny has just fallen on the floor. Celebrity..... pfffft.
Old 21 Mar 2024, 18:43 (Ref:4202149)   #2828
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The penny has just fallen on the floor. Celebrity..... pfffft.
Do try and keep up!
Old 21 Mar 2024, 18:46 (Ref:4202150)   #2829
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
That was a hideous question. I wont mention that there is only one B in La Blue whereas ERA B Type and MG B add up to 2 x Bs.
The picture is hideous, correct answer. I got BAUBLE but was looking for Boobool and could not find enough letters to make pretentious. Next time for sure!
Old 21 Mar 2024, 23:41 (Ref:4202173)   #2830
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
The picture is hideous, correct answer. I got BAUBLE but was looking for Boobool and could not find enough letters to make pretentious. Next time for sure!
Good heavens, I did not realise you could make bauble out of the letters.
Vive La GerryMo.
Old 22 Mar 2024, 17:34 (Ref:4202303)   #2831
bauble
Veteran

England
Warning, attempting this puzzle could damage your Mental Health.

This, I believe is a grade A brain buster, so be careful, and do not try to solve it if you are weak minded or of a delicate constitution.

There six pictures each one representing a letter of the alphabet, however, there may well be several different letters that could apply to an image.
From the selected letters you must spell the name of World Champion. Given that there only six letters, clearly the answer will not be Verstappen or Fittipaldi, so that restricts the number of candidates. I have a particular drive in mind, however, you may find another name. As long as you can give a sensible choice of letters, I will settle for that. I can assure you that there is no trickery, the correct letter will be the first initial one ie Jaguar would give J. I have aimed to ensure that the appropriate 'feature' is prominent not tucked away, you will need imagination, and perception. So good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
106 (1).jpg   a3.JPG   Driver 1.JPG  

Driver 2.JPG   Driver 5 (2).JPG   Driver 5.JPG  

Old 23 Mar 2024, 10:05 (Ref:4202382)   #2832
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I note you have an Australian car in there. It must be. Its upside down as we are.

But I sent you an email with an answer that works. If its what you were expecting is irrelevant

Last edited by E.B; 23 Mar 2024 at 10:35.
Old 23 Mar 2024, 11:42 (Ref:4202397)   #2833
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So , in no special order , there is an A ustrailian car , P 51 , R obin , I talian car , C apri , and han K ook tyres .

I wonder what Bauble was thinking of .
Old 23 Mar 2024, 13:06 (Ref:4202403)   #2834
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
So , in no special order , there is an A ustrailian car , P 51 , R obin , I talian car , C apri , and han K ook tyres .

I wonder what Bauble was thinking of .
Old 23 Mar 2024, 14:29 (Ref:4202413)   #2835
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:

There is a car that has obviously been involved in an A ccident, and is U pside down, or I nverted. Maybe, S hiny side down. (NO).

You have a B rown F ord C apri, and so on, a S miling L ady M arshal, an O SCA made by the M aserati Bros, in I taly.

Plenty to play with, and RBS has come up with two names, neither the one I have in mind, but equally valid replies. EB, has come up with a typical tortured suggestion, but doubtful intelligence.

Good luck, there is still all to play for.
Old 23 Mar 2024, 16:38 (Ref:4202422)   #2836
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
E.B, please, let me give some help. First you have a Red Bonnet, an Emblem or Bonnet Badge, with OSCA, Maserati and some other names so issy pussy. As to the Ford Capri its Brown, with Silver Rims and Black Tires. See what I mean? As to the Accident, it seems it's Boobool's! I wish you luck to find either Fangia, Vuttel, Ascapi, Olonsa or Buttow… Now have to check what we can make with P 51 Mustang Flying Plane with Merlin Rolls Royce Engine!
Old 23 Mar 2024, 21:39 (Ref:4202456)   #2837
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
E.B, please, let me give some help. First you have a Red Bonnet, an Emblem or Bonnet Badge, with OSCA, Maserati and some other names so issy pussy. As to the Ford Capri its Brown, with Silver Rims and Black Tires. See what I mean? As to the Accident, it seems it's Boobool's! I wish you luck to find either Fangia, Vuttel, Ascapi, Olonsa or Buttow… Now have to check what we can make with P 51 Mustang Flying Plane with Merlin Rolls Royce Engine!
Napoleon would weep
Old 23 Mar 2024, 21:50 (Ref:4202457)   #2838
bauble
Veteran

England
A simple word quiz for you; Using ONLY the initial (First RBS, EB) letter of each word, can you find a familiar plume?

Gormless.
Rambling.
Enigmatic.
Ridiculous
Daft.
Assinine.
Old 23 Mar 2024, 21:52 (Ref:4202458)   #2839
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Regard?
Old 24 Mar 2024, 07:17 (Ref:4202499)   #2840
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kermit (the Frog)
Old 24 Mar 2024, 11:47 (Ref:4202519)   #2841
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mireille Mathieu!
Old 25 Mar 2024, 23:01 (Ref:4202783)   #2842
bauble
Veteran

England
What is missing and why should it be there?
Attached Thumbnails
730.JPG   IMG_5207.JPG   IMG_6945.JPG  

IMG_7810.jpg   IMG_9305.JPG   IMG_9403.JPG  

Old 26 Mar 2024, 10:46 (Ref:4202839)   #2843
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gloves ,, in case he wants to wipe his nose
Old 26 Mar 2024, 11:37 (Ref:4202848)   #2844
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Gloves ,, in case he wants to wipe his nose
Tel, you must start taking the medicine again, it helps restore sanity.

RBS had it right in a trice.
Old 26 Mar 2024, 14:38 (Ref:4202881)   #2845
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
These are getting more challenging every time
Old 26 Mar 2024, 16:12 (Ref:4202896)   #2846
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
These are getting more challenging every time
Well, Grif, it all depends on how old you are or if you know your history. No doubt there are some who can find some obscure connection between the cars but frankly I can only think of one, (as did RBS and SSmith), it not what, but who.

Best of luck,

Baub.
Old 26 Mar 2024, 19:17 (Ref:4202912)   #2847
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Anthony Brooks?