Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 May 2021, 13:15 (Ref:4049845)   #1476
Tim Barry
Racer

United Kingdom
Rainham, Kent, UK
Tim Barry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
So I'm almost out of the Stupido club???
Old 5 May 2021, 15:25 (Ref:4049870)   #1477
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Barry View Post
So I'm almost out of the Stupido club???
Now get Q1 right and you are out.
Old 5 May 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4049880)   #1478
Tim Barry
Racer

United Kingdom
Rainham, Kent, UK
Tim Barry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Now get Q1 right and you are out.
If all the hugely knowledgeable experts on here can't get it what hope does a mere mortal have??
Old 5 May 2021, 16:56 (Ref:4049893)   #1479
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
If all the hugely knowledgeable experts on here can't get it what hope does a mere mortal have??
The Club to welcome you, dont be sad you're not alone…
Old 5 May 2021, 17:22 (Ref:4049908)   #1480
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Where are these hugely knowledgeable experts? Not much sign of any on here at the moment.

Did you know that Alfa Romeo won the first ever round of the current Formula 1 World Championship?
Old 5 May 2021, 17:53 (Ref:4049916)   #1481
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
No, its Vanwall. Farina was driving an Alfa, thats different. Could be Hawthorn and Ferrari.
Old 5 May 2021, 17:58 (Ref:4049917)   #1482
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
One quibbles and its not me!
Old 5 May 2021, 18:01 (Ref:4049919)   #1483
bauble
Veteran

England
I have to award another to RBS for Q1.

I am just surprised it took him so long.
Old 5 May 2021, 18:03 (Ref:4049920)   #1484
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Saw comb, grabs camera.
No ideas yet, it seems. It is simple Marque my words.
Old 5 May 2021, 18:08 (Ref:4049921)   #1485
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Brownie flash Kodak or Rolleiflex 6/6?
Old 5 May 2021, 18:23 (Ref:4049924)   #1486
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anothe no picture question?

Who holds the record for the shortest distance travelled in his GP career?
Old 6 May 2021, 08:33 (Ref:4049996)   #1487
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am getting some good answers but all wrong, thought this would be right up EB's street. It is a great story from the early 50's.
Old 6 May 2021, 11:18 (Ref:4050011)   #1488
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
I am getting some good answers but all wrong, thought this would be right up EB's street. It is a great story from the early 50's.
I followed GPs throughout the 1950's but cannot recall why it is well know!
Old 6 May 2021, 11:56 (Ref:4050016)   #1489
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Not Apicella, Gaze, Walker or Downing then… EB's street… related to Connaught? He's much too young for having any souvenir of the 60's!
Old 6 May 2021, 12:41 (Ref:4050035)   #1490
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Whoops, somehow I missed the question. Email sent. The only person I could think of with a bit of a story attached. If its who I think nothing to do with Connaught but more an associate of Varzi.
Old 6 May 2021, 17:58 (Ref:4050105)   #1491
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Varzi and Caracciola are not drivers of the 50s. I thought about Behra at British GP when the distributor of his Gordini failed but he did several laps, not a record. I think one part of the answer is something like two meters.
Old 6 May 2021, 19:41 (Ref:4050113)   #1492
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I think one part of the answer is something like two meters.
That bit is correct but Bauble & EB have answered it correctly.
Old 6 May 2021, 22:14 (Ref:4050122)   #1493
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
...... but more an associate of Varzi.
Forget I said that. The Varzi association was the driver I initially thought it might have been (but wasnt)..... Alfredo Pian who drove one GP for Scuderia Achille Varzi. He qualified 6th at Monaco, then later spun on oil into the barriers, breaking his leg, so unable to start. Never drove another GP. So wrong answer as driver RBS wanted actually did start a race. My second (correct) guess did as GerryMo suggests have a driver who managed a couple of metres on his only GP start.
Old 7 May 2021, 06:07 (Ref:4050142)   #1494
bauble
Veteran

England
Saw comb, grabs camera.

No ideas yet, it seems. It is simple Marque my words.

Initially it looks hard, but is quite simple.

How many marques can you find?
Old 7 May 2021, 07:49 (Ref:4050151)   #1495
bauble
Veteran

England
RBS, has got the idea, and has cracked the code - almost. four correct answers, two to go.

Come on Chaps, we can do it!
Old 7 May 2021, 11:20 (Ref:4050181)   #1496
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here goes with a puzzle - some of it will be easy to place - but timing might be a challenge.

Who?
In What?
Doing What?
Where?
When?
- Why is the when wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Image0813.jpeg  
Old 7 May 2021, 11:57 (Ref:4050186)   #1497
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Obviously that’s Graham Hill in a BRM, but will have to look online for any onboards of that
Old 7 May 2021, 13:56 (Ref:4050199)   #1498
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To expand on the question 'Why is the When Wrong':

Part of the date recorded on the image is 1st January........
Old 7 May 2021, 14:31 (Ref:4050202)   #1499
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Obviously that’s Graham Hill in a BRM, but will have to look online for any onboards of that
Don't you believe in PMs Grif?
Old 7 May 2021, 14:46 (Ref:4050207)   #1500
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Interesting question, Could not have done the date part without a clue, infact still have no clue but explained on PM.