Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give the Italian Grand Prix?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 1 3.33%
7 8 26.67%
6 8 26.67%
5 2 6.67%
4 2 6.67%
3 6 20.00%
2 0 0%
1 3 10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Sep 2017, 13:29 (Ref:3764063)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Italian Grand Prix 2017

What score do you give the Italian Grand Prix?
Old 3 Sep 2017, 17:08 (Ref:3764124)   #2
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
6. About average, but with some good bits like Danny's rise up to 4th. I also think the Williams versus Ocon battle was interesting. The start was pretty good. Otherwise - it was pretty bland. To be fair, in the dry - Monza tends to produce dull races.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 18:20 (Ref:3764176)   #3
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I like Monza, but today's race produced little drama at the front. However there was some reasonable battling throughout the field, and the guys at the front kept trading fastest laps to make things interesting, so I gave it a 7....

No idea why people marking it "1" bother watching.......
Old 3 Sep 2017, 19:55 (Ref:3764220)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
a very poor race apart from some minor placing fights so gave it a 3
Old 3 Sep 2017, 20:00 (Ref:3764229)   #5
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Pretty average, despite the mixed up grid. 6 from me.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 20:07 (Ref:3764233)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
No idea why people marking it "1" bother watching.......

No idea how anyone can find trading fastest laps between two teammates, who are massively in the lead and pretty much untouchable, to be even remotely entertaining.
I stand by my "1".
Old 3 Sep 2017, 20:30 (Ref:3764242)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
6. Moderately entertaining (but then I only watched the highlights). Shame it didn't rain like yesterday.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 21:31 (Ref:3764284)   #8
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
I stand by my "1".
Time to take up golf then.

So while you were being not entertained, I enjoyed some good battles down in the lower orders. And yesterday I thoroughly enjoyed a topsy-turvy and deliciously unpredictable qualifying. 7.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 21:40 (Ref:3764289)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
a very poor race apart from some minor placing fights so gave it a 3
I think that's a pretty good summary. 3
Old 3 Sep 2017, 22:45 (Ref:3764301)   #10
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I'm trying to reduce my boredom?
Old 4 Sep 2017, 05:11 (Ref:3764371)   #11
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it an 8. Really liked the camera work and the placement of the course mikes.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 07:46 (Ref:3764390)   #12
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post

So while you were being not entertained, I enjoyed some good battles down in the lower orders. And yesterday I thoroughly enjoyed a topsy-turvy and deliciously unpredictable qualifying. 7.
Yep, agree on all fronts! [ 7 ]
Old 4 Sep 2017, 08:17 (Ref:3764399)   #13
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
enjoyed it, good battles throughout the field. (but I guess you have to be interested in more than who wins to enjoy F1 nowadays)
Old 4 Sep 2017, 10:27 (Ref:3764424)   #14
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
3, only the RBRs charging through the order was what kept us interested
Old 4 Sep 2017, 11:31 (Ref:3764435)   #15
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Awful, even the passing was just blowing past with DRS.

Awful, Mercedes just toured off into the lead, and the lower order passing was just blowing past with DRS. 1
Old 5 Sep 2017, 15:30 (Ref:3764744)   #16
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
gave it a 7. i actually liked the race a lot...sure the promise of some battles did not materialize but it was close and kept my attention. anyways this race came tantalizingly close to turning into a classic so that has to be worth something.

was great to see Ocon vs Stroll/battle of the rookies. hope to see a lot more of these two over the years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil22 View Post
Gave it an 8. Really liked the camera work and the placement of the course mikes.
right? thinking about it now, the camera work was really really good, particularly the helicopter shots.
Old 6 Sep 2017, 19:29 (Ref:3765030)   #17
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Love Monza. Start was interesting, but it was all a bit of a let down to me after an pretty entertaining Spa. Average F1 race for me at 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
gave it a 7.
This may be the first time we've actually differed this year by at least more than 1, at least...

My mental state may have had something to do with it!
Old 6 Sep 2017, 20:07 (Ref:3765037)   #18
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Love Monza. Start was interesting, but it was all a bit of a let down to me after an pretty entertaining Spa. Average F1 race for me at 5.

This may be the first time we've actually differed this year by at least more than 1, at least...

My mental state may have had something to do with it!
mental state is important for sure...i watched the race late monday night (as opposed to the usual early sunday morning) as i was at the cottage over the long weekend (was it a long weekend in the US as well?).

also no TV and internet at the cottage so after 3-4 days of nothing, i was willing to watch anything and call it entertainment lol!
Old 6 Sep 2017, 20:45 (Ref:3765050)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
mental state is important for sure...i watched the race late monday night (as opposed to the usual early sunday morning) as i was at the cottage over the long weekend (was it a long weekend in the US as well?).

also no TV and internet at the cottage so after 3-4 days of nothing, i was willing to watch anything and call it entertainment lol!
Long weekend, long day and I was beat. Couple of bourbons and I was a little drowsy. It's like movies sometimes....