Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Sep 2018, 07:30 (Ref:3847529)   #51
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I know it didn't affect the overall picture but why was Vettel allowed to keep his Q2 time when he clearly had all 4 wheels over the line in Parabolica? (It was even shown as a replay on the C4 coverage but there was nothing said by the commentators).
Old 2 Sep 2018, 07:33 (Ref:3847530)   #52
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It depends on what was decided for that race and discussed in driver meetings. They obviously aren’t that bothered for that corner. Others did it too. I don’t remember anyone being pinged for this in the past, but I may be wrong and they have reassessed for this year.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 08:16 (Ref:3847537)   #53
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
This season? Multiple times, most notably in Hockenheim. And he has been used deliberately as a tool to hold up Vettel.
How did they move Bottas over when Hamilton was ahead? Not a very good example....next one please
Old 2 Sep 2018, 08:18 (Ref:3847538)   #54
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Piquet vs Alesi in the GP3 race,wow what a great race.Sign them both up for F1.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 09:01 (Ref:3847542)   #55
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Piquet vs Alesi in the GP3 race,wow what a great race.Sign them both up for F1.
Agreed. What a cracking duel we had there. More please.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 09:28 (Ref:3847548)   #56
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well done Kimi on getting the fastest ever lap in F1, finally he's managed to put it on pole. Also well done Stroll for getting the Williams into the top ten for the first time this season. And yet more Magnussen/Alonso controversy
Old 2 Sep 2018, 09:34 (Ref:3847549)   #57
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I know it didn't affect the overall picture but why was Vettel allowed to keep his Q2 time when he clearly had all 4 wheels over the line in Parabolica? (It was even shown as a replay on the C4 coverage but there was nothing said by the commentators).
I wondered about that too. If you're not going to penalise that one, you may as well not bother about track limits at all.... And bearing in mind just how important that corner is for ultimate speed onto the straight, I don't follow why they wouldn't be bothered about it.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 09:48 (Ref:3847555)   #58
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Track limits policing is announced in the driver meetings at the start of the weekend. Really, they should be making that information public.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 09:58 (Ref:3847557)   #59
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No way! We'd have one less thing to bash Vettel for......!
Old 2 Sep 2018, 10:30 (Ref:3847558)   #60
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not the only one... Vettel must be greet by Jacky Ickx itself.
Icky Vettel... Or Vettel as... the... Rat??? Eeeeh...
Old 2 Sep 2018, 10:35 (Ref:3847560)   #61
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I know it didn't affect the overall picture but why was Vettel allowed to keep his Q2 time when he clearly had all 4 wheels over the line in Parabolica?
Enough with the Vettel bashing already! Vettel wasn't the only one to go outside the track limits at Parabolica in qualifying god damn it! Pretty much everyone did, including that useless Hamilton, in his much superior car. So please stop just picking on Vettel!

On a serious note, the FiA added a 10M long kerb at the exit of Parabolica last year to prevent drivers gaining an advantage coming onto the straight. That kerb is still there, but it hasn't done the job it had intended, and the drivers still go wide and gain an advantage there.

Photos of the kerb at Parabolica just after it was installed for the 2017 round.

Old 2 Sep 2018, 10:38 (Ref:3847561)   #62
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If TGF was here, he'd warn something...
I'm telling in his name.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 10:45 (Ref:3847564)   #63
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Enough with the Vettel bashing already! Vettel wasn't the only one to go outside the track limits at Parabolica in qualifying god damn it! Pretty much everyone did, including that useless Hamilton, in his much superior car. So please stop just picking on Vettel!

I'm not Vettel bashing (although I don't think your accusation was that serious) but DC mentioned track limits earlier on in qualifying, pointing out that most drivers were using the kerbs well there, but making sure they don't put all four wheels over the line because that would be exceeding track limits. I admit that although I did see many other drivers do as DC had described, but Vettel was the only one I saw with all four wheels over the line (and the only one who was shown on my TV doing it as a replay).
Old 2 Sep 2018, 10:47 (Ref:3847565)   #64
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Back to normal proceedings, how grumpy was "P2" during the post qualifying press conference? Refused to answer questions on his radio message, and when asked if Raikkonen will be allowed to win tomorrow, "P2" replied: “If he’s starting from pole, I guess he’s allowed to win."

The last time Kimi started from pole was Monaco 2017. And we know how that race ended don't we?

Old 2 Sep 2018, 10:49 (Ref:3847566)   #65
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
PAH....lightweights. They’re onto Page 245 over on PistonHeads!
'Wasn't referencing post count. I was referring to the quality of the content and my questioning it got me banned for two months for "trolling"....
Needless to say, I shan't return there (Fchat) as I don't wish to participate on a board the likes of the defunct Crapwagon.com....

jimclark
Old 2 Sep 2018, 10:57 (Ref:3847567)   #66
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Fernendo won't rye, not yet amigos.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 11:05 (Ref:3847568)   #67
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think one of the Williams was all four over the white line on a quick lap
Old 2 Sep 2018, 11:31 (Ref:3847571)   #68
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
On another note, I really don't like how the President of the FiA is always hanging around inside the Ferrari garage. It gives the impression that he is somehow favouring that team. Yes we know he used to work for Ferrari, but that's all the reason why he should try to distance himself from that team, and not give the other teams, the fans and the F1 world the impression that he maybe favouring one team only.

Jean Todt and Louis Camilleri were cheering and applauding the Ferrari 1-2 at the end of Q3. This is not a good impression for the president of the organisation that is supposed to govern the rules and regulations which all the teams compete under. Not a good look at all.

Old 2 Sep 2018, 11:34 (Ref:3847573)   #69
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think one of the Williams was all four over the white line on a quick lap
Confusion.

Williams? A quick lap???

jimclark
Old 2 Sep 2018, 11:35 (Ref:3847574)   #70
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
On another note, I really don't like how the President of the FiA is always hanging around inside the Ferrari garage. It gives the impression that he is somehow favouring that team. Yes we know he used to work for Ferrari, but that's all the reason why he should try to distance himself from that team, and not give the other teams, the fans and the F1 world the impression that he maybe favouring one team only.

Jean Todt and Louis Camilleri were cheering and applauding the Ferrari 1-2 at the end of Q3. This is not a good impression for the president of the organisation that is supposed to govern the rules and regulations which all the teams compete under. Not a good look at all.

Now I don’t like Ferrari or Todt that much, but to add balance he’s been in the Mercedes garage at the Spanish gp and others throughout the year.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 11:44 (Ref:3847576)   #71
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
How did they move Bottas over when Hamilton was ahead? Not a very good example....next one please
Telling Bottas 'not to attack' is the same thing as being told to move over. Bottas was the victim of team orders, while Raikkonen was allowed to stay ahead of Vettel in Austria.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 11:47 (Ref:3847578)   #72
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't particularly mind team orders when only 1 driver in a team can win the title, so I don't really see the problem. But you can't really deny Mercedes use team orders given they openly talk about it.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...am-orders-call
Old 2 Sep 2018, 12:05 (Ref:3847580)   #73
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Telling Bottas 'not to attack' is the same thing as being told to move over. Bottas was the victim of team orders, while Raikkonen was allowed to stay ahead of Vettel in Austria.
No it’s not. Lewis was infront on merit, not the other way around. Being told to move over is like Schumacher and barichello. Being told not to attack, after being allowed to attack for 2 laps first, then making a mistake and being asked to hold position because Kimi was closing in is entirely different

Think you’re slightly blinkered...has Bottas been given team orders in the past? Yes. Has Kimi? Yes. But your accusation of Bottas being told to move over for Hamilton is utter rubbish

Last edited by ascarracinguk; 2 Sep 2018 at 12:11.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 12:07 (Ref:3847581)   #74
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I don't particularly mind team orders when only 1 driver in a team can win the title, so I don't really see the problem. But you can't really deny Mercedes use team orders given they openly talk about it.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...am-orders-call
Nope and not denied it.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 12:12 (Ref:3847582)   #75
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Telling Bottas 'not to attack' is the same thing as being told to move over.
O RLY?

Is that like... overtaking someone after nudging them, is the same as overtaking someone without nudging them? It's the same thing is it not??