Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give the Russian Grand Prix?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 1 3.03%
7 3 9.09%
6 4 12.12%
5 5 15.15%
4 5 15.15%
3 4 12.12%
2 2 6.06%
1 9 27.27%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Oct 2018, 21:43 (Ref:3854404)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Interesting. The coverage we got here (ESPN2. Sky feed I think, not sure. A project to find out as I pay no attention to such matters) was quite the opposite. Max got coverage from the get go and all the way through. Other battles were covered also.

My "usual" 7.
Admittedly, the feed I got at the time was buffering a lot. I have since watched the replay on C4 and regarding the coverage Max got, I stand corrected.
Old 3 Oct 2018, 22:05 (Ref:3854407)   #27
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
I know not of "C4"...does it use the SKY feed?

Did you see the blistering?

jimclark
Old 3 Oct 2018, 22:29 (Ref:3854409)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I know not of "C4"...does it use the SKY feed?

Did you see the blistering?
Channel 4 in the UK shares F1 broadcasting with Sky, showing a number of races live and they use the Sky feed.

I didn't see the blistering on Hamilton's tyre after Bottas pulled over and David Coulthard, who shares the commentary on Channel 4, said he couldn't see any blistering.
Old 3 Oct 2018, 22:52 (Ref:3854410)   #29
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
'T'was hard to see, only just begun I guess. As a driver it is very apparent, even if he .or we can't see it (my friend and I did with the slow and stop action); A very tiny vibration develops; but in a tight setup as race cars have (not the cushy bushings street cars have) it is very discernible. Guaranteed the thought was not to have Lewis need to defend (with the Bottas cushion between), which would accelerate the growth of the blisters which were quite evident (the ring of them I mentioned) in parc ferme.

This is why I can enjoy the "boring" "non-racing" that so many find it to be. The subtle things that many are not aware of. That blistering could easily have ruined LHs day had they gotten much worse....

jimclark
Old 3 Oct 2018, 23:01 (Ref:3854411)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
'T'was hard to see, only just begun I guess. As a driver it is very apparent, even if he .or we can't see it (my friend and I did with the slow and stop action); A very tiny vibration develops; but in a tight setup as race cars have (not the cushy bushings street cars have) it is very discernible. Guaranteed the thought was not to have Lewis need to defend (with the Bottas cushion between), which would accelerate the growth of the blisters which were quite evident (the ring of them I mentioned) in parc ferme.

This is why I can enjoy the "boring" "non-racing" that so many find it to be. The subtle things that many are not aware of. That blistering could easily have ruined LHs day had they gotten much worse....
It didn't and now he's got two race DNF cushion.
Old 3 Oct 2018, 23:57 (Ref:3854414)   #31
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Alas, that 2 dnf cushion could mean instant tie with three other races to lose the championship. Or, If Ferrari got it's act together and Seb and Kimi finished one-two (yes, teamorders) and Lewis third the next five races.....wouldn't Vet win the tie with more victories?
As far as I'm concerned, the excitement is stiil there. That will never change for me unless we have coin toss racing like IndyCar, NASCAR ('last night 'announced 'getting even worse next year admittedly stated "for the show"), BoPed and the like. 'May as well toss some numbered pills in a hat and draw for position and save everyone a ton of money. Less green house effect, more land for housing and business, cost of fans going to the races etc., etc, etc......

Yes, I'm very strong in my convictions.

edit: ooooppppsss, gotten way off topic, I shoulda PMed you. Sorry gang.....

Last edited by jimclark; 4 Oct 2018 at 00:07.

jimclark
Old 4 Oct 2018, 00:03 (Ref:3854415)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Alas, that 2 dnf cushion could mean instant tie with three other races to lose the championship. Or, If Ferrari got it's act together and Seb and Kimi finished one-two (yes, teamorders) the next five races.....wouldn't Vet win the tie with more victories?
As far as I'm concerned, the excitement is stiil there. That will never change for me unless we have coin toss racing like IndyCar, NASCAR ('last night 'announced 'getting even worse next year stated admittedly "for the show"), BoPed and the like. 'May as well toss some numbered pills in a hat and draw for position and save everyone a ton of money. Less green house effect, more land for housing and business, cost of fans going to the races etc., etc, etc......

Yes, I'm very strong in my convictions.
It will be interesting to see what Ferrari can do in the next 5 races. They've got a new livery for Suzuka, so maybe that will help.
Old 4 Oct 2018, 00:34 (Ref:3854418)   #33
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Stolen from another board....Ferraris new, improved, strategists planning ahead....
Attached Thumbnails
laurel-and-hardy.jpg  

jimclark
Old 4 Oct 2018, 00:39 (Ref:3854419)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Stolen from another board....Ferraris new, improved, strategists planning ahead....

Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into.
Old 4 Oct 2018, 00:46 (Ref:3854420)   #35
jimclark
Veteran

United States
I'm sorry Ollie......

jimclark
Old 4 Oct 2018, 01:02 (Ref:3854423)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I'm sorry Ollie......
Old 4 Oct 2018, 07:15 (Ref:3854454)   #37
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I seem to remember a few of their keystone cops pitstops too
Old 4 Oct 2018, 09:11 (Ref:3854475)   #38
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I seem to remember a few of their keystone cops pitstops too
Indeed. 'Looked more like chinese fire drills... (what we called antics at red lights years ago. 'Haven't seen any lately... )

jimclark