Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Jun 2011, 19:42 (Ref:2899034)   #26
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope to be catching the cars at various venues over the three days
Old 16 Jun 2011, 10:09 (Ref:2900091)   #27
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
look forward to the pics, especially as I'll not be able to get anywhere near the event this year.
Old 16 Jun 2011, 11:11 (Ref:2900148)   #28
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
look forward to the pics, especially as I'll not be able to get anywhere near the event this year.

Entry list is here

More rally boys in it this year- maybe the balance is swaying their way with the Welsh stages?

Good luck all!
Old 16 Jun 2011, 11:36 (Ref:2900170)   #29
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Entry list is here

More rally boys in it this year- maybe the balance is swaying their way with the Welsh stages?

Good luck all!
So, you're not doing it this year then Mike. I thought you were planning to after last year's event.

Some interesting names and cars.

I wonder - is the co-driver by the name of Danny Sullivan THE Danny Sullivan?

Best of luck everyone.
Old 16 Jun 2011, 12:00 (Ref:2900183)   #30
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
So, you're not doing it this year then Mike. I thought you were planning to after last year's event.
Unfortunately other priorities this summer. Don't think funds would allow doing it every year anyway, but hopefully (and maybe when event drifts East again!) will get to have another go sometime.
Old 16 Jun 2011, 12:46 (Ref:2900224)   #31
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The Danny Sullivan
Old 16 Jun 2011, 12:57 (Ref:2900237)   #32
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very fine driver is DS.

John, how about reporting back occasionally?
Old 16 Jun 2011, 14:38 (Ref:2900293)   #33
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
The Danny Sullivan
Well, that's excellent.

Some years ago Danny took over a car I used to drive.

Ok, not so much a car. More of a Transit van actually. 2ltr V4 and twin rear wheels.

It wasn't much to start with, having had a hard life, but when it came back it was, er, even less. No surprise really, it had had a hard life towing and another season pretty much finished it. To be honest I was amazed it lasted the season.
Old 16 Jun 2011, 17:19 (Ref:2900382)   #34
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A few images from earlier this afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails
tourb1.jpg   tourb2.jpg   tourb3.jpg  

tourb4.jpg   tourb5.jpg  
Old 16 Jun 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2900405)   #35
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks brands! I can see a certain Mr Ruston lurking behind the Birch's Giulia. Lord L's GTO should be fun across Epynt
Old 16 Jun 2011, 19:07 (Ref:2900491)   #36
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks brands! I can see a certain Mr Ruston lurking behind the Birch's Giulia. Lord L's GTO should be fun across Epynt
Bespoke sump guard I assume?
Old 16 Jun 2011, 19:10 (Ref:2900493)   #37
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Bespoke sump guard I assume?
If it were mine I would be lifting it up and carrying it over any rough bits
Old 16 Jun 2011, 19:21 (Ref:2900502)   #38
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
If it were mine I would be lifting it up and carrying it over any rough bits
Or sneak in a 4WD ringer based on a kit car ...
Old 17 Jun 2011, 11:21 (Ref:2900845)   #39
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
good news is that the weather forecast at Castle Combe tomorrow is a lot better than predicted earlier in the week. I shall watch TB do their stuff as Alex is having his first weekend in a FF, four races on Sunday! If yesterday's testing is anything to go by he should be okay... (it was reassuring to see that Vince Woodman and Dan Cox were testing the Capri - you woudl havethought that both of them would be familiar with track and car! What a beautiful noise that made!)
Old 17 Jun 2011, 17:46 (Ref:2901050)   #40
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm running a kart race on the track at Old Paddock in the afternoon, so come and say hello if you are wandering round.
Old 17 Jun 2011, 18:44 (Ref:2901081)   #41
brands
Veteran

Just got home from a wet Cwmcarn and a soaking Epynt.

Some good action up on the ranges, not sure what I captured as the rain was coming down sideways.
Old 17 Jun 2011, 20:34 (Ref:2901122)   #42
brands
Veteran

6 from Epynt this afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails
ep1.jpg   ep2.jpg   ep3.jpg  

ep4.jpg   ep5.jpg   ep6.jpg  

Old 17 Jun 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2901140)   #43
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Nice work brands.

There is something about wet days that, if they work at all, makes them work rather well for colour intensity without being garish.

Where are you planning to get soaked tomorrow .... ?
Old 17 Jun 2011, 22:07 (Ref:2901156)   #44
brands
Veteran

Quote:
Nice work brands.

There is something about wet days that, if they work at all, makes them work rather well for colour intensity without being garish.

Where are you planning to get soaked tomorrow .... ?

Combe and Badminton
Old 17 Jun 2011, 22:32 (Ref:2901166)   #45
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Combe and Badminton
I'll alert the RNLI in case you need rescue.
Old 17 Jun 2011, 23:04 (Ref:2901180)   #46
Hamness
Racer

Wales
Hamness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great stuff John. Probably see you at Combe AND the forecast is looking a lot better !
Old 18 Jun 2011, 16:55 (Ref:2901502)   #47
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Just been checking out the interim results and stage times here

JR leading regularity and Gareth Burnett the Index of Performance!

Quite a few cars with road penalties, so obviously not all plain sailing for some.

As last year a pumped up Porker (RSR) looks like the car to beat in Competition, John Clark and EJ leading from the Sheldon's Elan. Both these crews retired with car failures last year, so fingers crossed for them!

One car not on original entry list is the MGB (bet that made Alec happy to see one entered!) of Tony & Pia Bianchi. Last weekend they & car completed the Autosport 3hrs at Snetterton. At the time Tony said that if it was mechanically OK after they were going to have a go at TB, not realising that James P and I had done it last year. Good to see my resume of that event didn't put them off!

Look forward to some more pics from today if anyone was snapping.
Old 18 Jun 2011, 17:28 (Ref:2901521)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just realised, the Bianchi MGB is the ex Colin Pearcey car 526 FAC.
Old 18 Jun 2011, 17:33 (Ref:2901527)   #49
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just realised, the Bianchi MGB is the ex Colin Pearcey car 526 FAC.
Yup, FAC has been around a few years but still quick and looking good!

Old 18 Jun 2011, 17:34 (Ref:2901528)   #50
brands
Veteran

The rain we had at Combe for this mornings stage was biblical but the weather finally broke for Badminton and the races at Combe.

The first Badminton run for the Competitive cars was one of the strangest I've ever witnessed with 10 or more cars falling off the stage at the same left hand corner. Thankfully no car dug in and all were able to continue.