Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Nov 2013, 00:40 (Ref:3330652)   #1451
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, good news, after looking like GTD was going to be a majority of GT Americas: http://www.racer.com/paul-miller-rac...rticle/320687/
Old 13 Nov 2013, 01:31 (Ref:3330656)   #1452
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
Umm, comments were made about series funded cars... start and park, a way to keep loyal teams "funded" and in the series.
A bit sarcastic, but it was on topic.
No, it was so far off the topic and an INTENTIONAL post to bring out his response. That type of stuff has caused me to take LONG breaks from reading anything in the sportscar side and has again. I really don't care about the slap fights that apparently weren't left behind in high school. Add some information or relevant news but posting just to another others is pointless and juvenile.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 01:47 (Ref:3330658)   #1453
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS View Post
Wow, good news, after looking like GTD was going to be a majority of GT Americas: http://www.racer.com/paul-miller-rac...rticle/320687/
Awesome news
Old 13 Nov 2013, 02:08 (Ref:3330662)   #1454
ACFlinn
Racer

ACFlinn is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
I was worried too when I read that AJR was sticking with Porsches. Audi-Porsche-Ferrari-Aston Martin-Viper-(hopefully) BMW looks like a very interesting debut for GTD.

I'd love to see something from Chevy or Ford.

Two factory Corvettes in GTLM is not enough for me.

Andy Flinn
Old 13 Nov 2013, 02:09 (Ref:3330663)   #1455
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Here is Marsh's new Corvette DP.

http://instagram.com/p/goS06fQkI6/#
Old 13 Nov 2013, 02:12 (Ref:3330664)   #1456
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
On the other hand, there is no chance Roger Federer would leave to go play tennis in another league.

TUSC was created in its current form precisely and specifically to give a home to the Rolex and ALMS drivers which formed its constituent series. Gainsco has been a major part of Rolex for about a decade. No surprise it gets included.

After all, that is sort of the reasoning behind the 'merger." Had NASCAR wanted, the whole ALMS side of the show could have been shut down and teams could have been told "Buy a DP or GTD or go elsewhere."

The Rolex teams And the ALMS teams are both forced to compromise, but if they choose to compromise, Both series' teams are being given as chance to run in the new series---no one who has supported one or the other series for a long time is supposed to get screwed by the merger.

So, Gainsco gets some breaks .... Ultimatley they will have to find the funds to operate, or pull out. But given how hard the DP teams are getting shfted by the half-million-dollar upgrade ... I'd say they all deserve some consideration.

After all, any of those Euro teams could have moved across the pond at any time ... and none of them chose to. Libra might have entered a serious effort at any time, but was never able to. Gainsco has won the series a couple times and has been a mainstay for a long time. Also, Gainsco shows up with well-prepared cars and excellent drivers at every event.

I think it would be wrong Not o take car of the teams which find it hard to suddenly massively increase their budgets with very little notice. To replace such teams with an outfit like Libra, which has been a running (or actually smoking and then non-running, and generally non-showing) ALMS joke for several years, would be unfair and would be bad business.

Things will sort themselves out. If Libra can manage to get a solid entry together (hahaha)and if Gainsco can't then eventually Gainsco will withdraw and Libra (or a serious team) can consider stepping up. When--If---that team does, that team will know the management will not screw over the new entry, because the management did not screw over the old entries. Sort of business with honor ... what an odd concept.
Yeah, many good, non-emotionally expressed points, I'd have to agree with, also, like in nkoskes post. Libra, yeah. Not sure "fickle" would even descibe, maybe "flaky." It's obvious at this point, that the "merger" maybe should have taken longer to happen.
Point taken about Gainsco, yet Sahlen's have been around for some time also, and they sponsored a race. Does anyone see a possiblity they'll be allowed just a NAEC run? They seemed to have had some amount of budget in place. Their release had the feeling that they really are bummed they can't run the DP, and that's what they really want to do, not have to buy GTs or something other series cars. Could it become a slippery slope of more teams that have been in GA for many years choosing/applying for just NAEC status, waiting for that day that the regs are firm and final, or which long term teams do you allow in NAEC, and which ones not? Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens after the first tests? Because it seems everyday we get news of some team leaving because they can't afford/don't have enough info on either staying or going. GTD seems to be the class to go to.

Last edited by Breitling24; 13 Nov 2013 at 02:25.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 13 Nov 2013, 02:14 (Ref:3330665)   #1457
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!

Mazda has just posted a picture. Very anxious for the announcement now!
Old 13 Nov 2013, 02:20 (Ref:3330667)   #1458
ACFlinn
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post

Thanks for the post.

Looks great and I can't wait to track how they do in prototype.

However, I have to say, I wish they were racing the Grand-Am Corvette in GTD.

Andy Flinn
Old 13 Nov 2013, 02:21 (Ref:3330668)   #1459
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.racer.com/aim-autosport-s...rticle/320720/
Aim Autosport confirms they will be running the GTD Ferrari again, likely with the same drivers.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 02:22 (Ref:3330669)   #1460
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Someone has already done a fan rendering of the Paul Miller GTD R8.

Old 13 Nov 2013, 02:26 (Ref:3330671)   #1461
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well that's not possible. I mean, I read several posts here that stated Tudor's sponsorship exclusivity would cost the field a Paul Miller entry.

I'm just going to assume PMR hasn't read the rules yet and will be pulling their entry ASAP.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 02:34 (Ref:3330672)   #1462
ACFlinn
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
On the other hand, there is no chance Roger Federer would leave to go play tennis in another league.

TUSC was created in its current form precisely and specifically to give a home to the Rolex and ALMS drivers which formed its constituent series. Gainsco has been a major part of Rolex for about a decade. No surprise it gets included.

After all, that is sort of the reasoning behind the 'merger." Had NASCAR wanted, the whole ALMS side of the show could have been shut down and teams could have been told "Buy a DP or GTD or go elsewhere."

The Rolex teams And the ALMS teams are both forced to compromise, but if they choose to compromise, Both series' teams are being given as chance to run in the new series---no one who has supported one or the other series for a long time is supposed to get screwed by the merger.

So, Gainsco gets some breaks .... Ultimatley they will have to find the funds to operate, or pull out. But given how hard the DP teams are getting shfted by the half-million-dollar upgrade ... I'd say they all deserve some consideration.

After all, any of those Euro teams could have moved across the pond at any time ... and none of them chose to. Libra might have entered a serious effort at any time, but was never able to. Gainsco has won the series a couple times and has been a mainstay for a long time. Also, Gainsco shows up with well-prepared cars and excellent drivers at every event.

I think it would be wrong Not o take car of the teams which find it hard to suddenly massively increase their budgets with very little notice. To replace such teams with an outfit like Libra, which has been a running (or actually smoking and then non-running, and generally non-showing) ALMS joke for several years, would be unfair and would be bad business.

Things will sort themselves out. If Libra can manage to get a solid entry together (hahaha)and if Gainsco can't then eventually Gainsco will withdraw and Libra (or a serious team) can consider stepping up. When--If---that team does, that team will know the management will not screw over the new entry, because the management did not screw over the old entries. Sort of business with honor ... what an odd concept.
Wow, Maelochs! Gotta say I really like what you've been posting lately.

Andy Flinn
Old 13 Nov 2013, 02:36 (Ref:3330673)   #1463
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I still think the windscreen banner, mirrors and wing endplates look like crap.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 02:39 (Ref:3330674)   #1464
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
I still think the windscreen banner, mirrors and wing endplates look like crap.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 13 Nov 2013, 02:41 (Ref:3330675)   #1465
BullMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh that's right, I'm not allowed to have an opinion that differs from someone else. *gets ready for an infraction"
Old 13 Nov 2013, 03:04 (Ref:3330680)   #1466
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll chip in and agree that said class-distinguishing livery devices do seem rather rubbish on a livery that uses no complementary colours. Perhaps they can also spray over the offending chronograph manufacturer branding with a big medium-blue box too?
Old 13 Nov 2013, 03:12 (Ref:3330682)   #1467
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:

Now THAT is a shop....(I really hope that is not their shop).
Old 13 Nov 2013, 03:20 (Ref:3330683)   #1468
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Oh that's right, I'm not allowed to have an opinion that differs from someone else. *gets ready for an infraction"
Take a couple of deep breaths, JLGarcia wasn't trying to offend you. He was expressing his opinion that it is what it is, not making a dig at you!

Everyone is getting a bit edgy in this thread again, let's try and keep it civil and on topic.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 03:31 (Ref:3330684)   #1469
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

That looks quite nice. GTD is going to have all killer machinery without being diluted by tubed Camaros and Mazdas (glad to see Mazda stepping up to P2). It is just a shame they will be so slow to remain behind the other classes. Seeing the Chopard on the PM Audi makes me hopeful the watch regs won't cost teams any funding.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 03:38 (Ref:3330687)   #1470
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
That looks quite nice. GTD is going to have all killer machinery without being diluted by tubed Camaros and Mazdas (glad to see Mazda stepping up to P2). It is just a shame they will be so slow to remain behind the other classes. Seeing the Chopard on the PM Audi makes me hopeful the watch regs won't cost teams any funding.
Well, since this is a fan rendering, and the official team announcement is later in the week... we'll see what effect it will have, although, this does look good.
Wasn't the teams official ALMS name "Chopard/Paul Miller Racing"? I thought it was, maybe not.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 13 Nov 2013, 03:44 (Ref:3330689)   #1471
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
I think it was for sure, just Paul Miller Racing.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 03:45 (Ref:3330690)   #1472
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I still don't understand using 2 colors for 4 classes...
Old 13 Nov 2013, 03:51 (Ref:3330691)   #1473
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Using only two colors is a simple way of separating the "top-notch" cars in each similar class from the "semi-top-notch" cars. A general fan see a prototype and can't tell the difference. A general fan see's a GT car and can't tell the difference. Having red on the faster cars and blue on the slower ones is a common thread for the simplistic fans (all 10 of them....seriously when does a common fan come to a sportscar race without going with a serious fan!?)
Old 13 Nov 2013, 03:57 (Ref:3330692)   #1474
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The line of thinking is that fans will easily be able to tell between Prototypes and GTs, so one only needs to designate the Pro and Pro-am divisions in each category.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 04:48 (Ref:3330696)   #1475
BullMan
Veteran

But what happens at the events where it's only the pro classes on the grid?